PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket

Bruce is Loose
07-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Last year about this time I remember a posting on here about deals people had been getting when calling to complain about their NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan prices...

Have these started yet for this year (or is it too late)? Has anyone tried?

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
last year I threatened to cancel and they threw in the Superfan for free. I haven't tried this year, but it seems too early. I think it was well into August when I called last year.

Usually, they send a flyer about the automatic renewal in the mail around mid-late July. I'd probably call after that arrives. You can cancel any time up until the first game, so there is no reason to rush right now.

kelly2reed4six
07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Last year about this time I remember a posting on here about deals people had been getting when calling to complain about their NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan prices...

Have these started yet for this year (or is it too late)? Has anyone tried?

When you call them, don't approach it as if they owe it to you......simply tell them you can't afford it. That's what I did last year. I very well could have paid the full price without issue, and would have had they said no; but I just told them that times were tough right now. They threw in Superfan and knocked off $100 bucks. I've heard of some people even getting Free Showtime for 6 months. If you push it far enough I'm sure they'll give you the best they can.

Go to google and search for Sunday Ticket discount and you'll find forums where people talk about the deals they got and how they got them.

trapezeus
07-07-2010, 09:27 AM
i wonder if they are doing NFL ticket online again in manhattan. If so, i hope they upgrade to HD. it was a little annoying to have it come through as standard definition.

all that revenue and they can't do it in HD...seems almost criminal.

ddaryl
07-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Sunday ticket will be a thing of the past in the near future... The NFL will sell its product online and cheaper.

I know there is NFL replay which allows people to watch games afterwards commercial free and uninterrupted.... That is about $50 for the year.

But the prices for the Sunday ticket are starting to approach the "Not willing to pay it" level...

Paying for Superfan just to get HD is bull****..... it's all HD these days and that should be in the basic plan... but DTV pays a huge premium for th eright ot broadcast NFL games so they're going ot extract thier monies back anyway possible...

auto renewing does save you some money too !!!

HOWEVER !!!! For those of us with smart phones like the droid can stream those games to our phones as a part of the superfan package... which is a definite perk...

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Paying for Superfan just to get HD is bull****..... it's all HD these days and that should be in the basic plan... but DTV pays a huge premium for th eright ot broadcast NFL games so they're going ot extract thier monies back anyway possible...

That was my argument last year- I already pay for HD, I already pay for Sunday Ticket, so why should I have to pay extra to get Sunday Ticket in HD? They bought it and gave me the Superfan for free.

The last buffalo fan
07-07-2010, 09:34 AM
How much are you guys paying?

mikemac2001
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Superfan is gone

HD is included its like 6 payments of 50 bucks

they offered me 20 dollars off when i stated when i signed up last year the rep told me it was included for the 2 years when i purchased the package and i felt lied to

i declined since i live in rochester and can watch it locally.

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
yeah if I lived in a place where the Bills were on locally, I wouldn't buy Sunday Ticket.

But this year, it looks like the Bills/Ravens game will be the only one on local TV. If I get lucky, they might show the game when we play the Ravens' div opponents, if the Ravens and Skins aren't on at the same time.

better days
07-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Sunday ticket will be a thing of the past in the near future... The NFL will sell its product online and cheaper.

I know there is NFL replay which allows people to watch games afterwards commercial free and uninterrupted.... That is about $50 for the year.

But the prices for the Sunday ticket are starting to approach the "Not willing to pay it" level...

auto renewing does save you some money too !!!

HOWEVER !!!! For those of us with smart phones like the droid can stream those games to our phones as a part of the superfan package... which is a definite perk...

I doubt you will see live NFL games on the internet or Cable for that matter. It would affect the Networks contract with the NFL so it won't happen.

DTV is very limited which is why it works. It gives DTV a marketing tool, provides extra money to the NFL & does not interfere with the Networks rights to broadcast the games.

trapezeus
07-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Ddaryl's point is that if they keep pushing the rates up, it doesn't make money for DTV if people won't subscribe. and if they can't make money, they won't renew at ridiculous rates. at which point, the NFL might find that it's cheaper to have their IT department launch a site and control it themselves and take the ad money directly.

TV is slowly getting phased out. People don't want the advertising, the networks are hurting, some cable channels are doing well with good programing but they don't actually produce the shows, they are buying them from other production houses.

I remember in high school a teacher was telling us in 1994 that there would be a time where you'd select the show's you'd want to watch, and we were just like, "crazy old man smith has no idea what he's talking about." to this day we still laugh at how much he knew and how much he predicted.

I think it's safe to say once internet channels start being easier to get to synch to your HD tv (apple tv, laptops with remote keyboards), you're going to see people really question their cable expense when they are watching so much on netflix streaming and internet feeds with less commericials.

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I think it's safe to say once internet channels start being easier to get to synch to your HD tv (apple tv, laptops with remote keyboards), you're going to see people really question their cable expense when they are watching so much on netflix streaming and internet feeds with less commericials.

the major hurdle for that right now is bandwidth- if every home, or even 1/10 of the homes, that currently have cable started streaming high-def shows, most ISP's would get bogged down in a hurry. Things like Verizon FiOS are making progress on this issue, but they still don't have the bandwidth to handle all the traffic currently going over cable wires or being beamed down from satellites.

I agree that it's moving in that direction, but it is still several years away. Cable and satellite will still be around until the Internet can consistently provide HD and digital sound.

ddaryl
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I doubt you will see live NFL games on the internet or Cable for that matter. It would affect the Networks contract with the NFL so it won't happen.

DTV is very limited which is why it works. It gives DTV a marketing tool, provides extra money to the NFL & does not interfere with the Networks rights to broadcast the games.

It's already happening.. .NFL has replay TV set up, and that is just a pre cursor...

All TV will be internet based in the near future... In facxt HDMI cables are about to become obsolete to .... Ethernet ... yep the same ethernet you use for your internet connection...

DirectTV can't keep offering up billions and then pushing their prices up and up and up... they are reaching the breaking point as it is.... the NFL will be streaming games live through ABS CBS, NBC, FOx ESPN and NFL.com etc.... in the not so distant future... I'll bet the farm on that

trapezeus
07-07-2010, 11:50 AM
the major hurdle for that right now is bandwidth- if every home, or even 1/10 of the homes, that currently have cable started streaming high-def shows, most ISP's would get bogged down in a hurry. Things like Verizon FiOS are making progress on this issue, but they still don't have the bandwidth to handle all the traffic currently going over cable wires or being beamed down from satellites.

I agree that it's moving in that direction, but it is still several years away. Cable and satellite will still be around until the Internet can consistently provide HD and digital sound.

yeah, it's not going ot happen overnight, but most cable companies are internet providers, so they'll change their model pretty easily and keep up. they won't lobby against the change.

i think in 5 years, we'll be seeing how entertainment comes into our home as very different than it is now.

better days
07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
yeah, it's not going ot happen overnight, but most cable companies are internet providers, so they'll change their model pretty easily and keep up. they won't lobby against the change.

i think in 5 years, we'll be seeing how entertainment comes into our home as very different than it is now.

I believe it will happen but not in the near future. I would bet the majority of homes don't even have HDTV yet. There are many homes that don't have internet service or if they do it is dial up. I think you are looking at 10-15 years at least.

DMBcrew36
07-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Even when you get DirecTV to cut you a deal, it's a ****ing rip-off.

I had Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice last year and Center Ice made Sunday Ticket look like the biggest ****ing waste of money EVER. Of course, I live in Buffalo, so I get to see my Bills anyway.

But for a mere $199, I can choose from 6-8 NHL games every single night from early October til May. With NFL I'm paying $300 or whatever to get an extra couple games for one afternoon a week for a mere 18 weeks.

If I were to ever do anything again, I would just want Red Zone and nothing more.

SquishDaFish
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Because of everyone calling for deals they upped the price of the ticket including SF in the overall price. Still get deals though

mightysimi
07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I thought they already streamed the games that were shown on NFL Network last year. The Thursday nighters and such. I wasn't able to get it in Canada because we get free NFL network so it wouldn't let me grab it on the internet.

jamze132
07-08-2010, 02:33 AM
I believe it will happen but not in the near future. I would bet the majority of homes don't even have HDTV yet. There are many homes that don't have internet service or if they do it is dial up. I think you are looking at 10-15 years at least.
I personally do not know one (1) single person who does not have an HDTV. My mom even has one and she lives in Virginia.

better days
07-08-2010, 03:19 AM
I personally do not know one (1) single person who does not have an HDTV. My mom even has one and she lives in Virginia.
As if Virginia is an HDTV deprived State? Now if you had said she lived in West Virginia.........just kidding. But seriously, I bet the majority of people on this board know at least one person that does not have HDTV yet. I would bet there are even a few people that post on this board that don't have HDTV.

SquishDaFish
07-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Just about everyone I know has HDTV. Its pretty common now

DBrown77
07-08-2010, 06:13 AM
If you had the ticket AND Superfan last year, its actually cheaper this year because HD is included finally. Not much cheaper, but by bill went down $30 total for the 6 months.

BlackMetalNinja
07-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Yup, just got the flyer from them yesterday about it. They finally included HD directly into the main Sunday Ticket package along with the Red Zone Channel and the Quick Hits 30 minute replays during the week. That's 6 payments of $49.99 each. The "Superfan" part is now known as "Sunday Ticket on the Go" or something like that and includes access on your mobile phone as well as the ability to download the software to watch on a PC or laptop.

Definitely better packaging from my perspective as you don't feel quite so much like you're getting raped just to have HD coverage, which is what everybody wants.

Either way, I can't afford it at all this year, though if I knew somebody that was getting it and was willing to let me grab the PC part of things for the $60, I'd have to consider it.

OpIv37
07-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Got my bill- they tacked on the first of six $49.99 payments for Sunday Ticket, plus an extra $9.99 for the Sunday Ticket On-The-Go, so that's $360 for the year.

I'm going to have to call them and try to get it down. It goes up every single year and it's getting ridiculous. At the very least, I'll ditch the On-The-Go. It's a good feature but it's just not worth $60 on top of the $300 I'm already paying.

trapezeus
07-08-2010, 08:58 AM
the on the go app to your iphone was a scam. it never worked for me.

i think alot of people have HDTV's but i don't think everyone pays to get the upgrade HD feed. i know my sister is like that..it bothers me to no end. why would you get a nice tv and then not use it.

BlackMetalNinja
07-08-2010, 09:03 AM
the on the go app to your iphone was a scam. it never worked for me.

i think alot of people have HDTV's but i don't think everyone pays to get the upgrade HD feed. i know my sister is like that..it bothers me to no end. why would you get a nice tv and then not use it.It worked for me... it was barely watchable on WiFi though, and if you're within range of WiFi, odds are you are in range of a TV or something better to watch on.

OpIv37
07-08-2010, 09:10 AM
The IPhone app worked for me last year too. It wasn't great and I didn use it for Bills games, but it was good enough to watch/ follow other games if I wasn't near a TV on a Sunday afternoon.

madness
07-08-2010, 11:23 AM
The IPhone app worked for me last year too. It wasn't great and I didn use it for Bills games, but it was good enough to watch/ follow other games if I wasn't near a TV on a Sunday afternoon.

Same here, I had no problems on neither WiFi or on the network.

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Got my bill- they tacked on the first of six $49.99 payments for Sunday Ticket, plus an extra $9.99 for the Sunday Ticket On-The-Go, so that's $360 for the year.

I'm going to have to call them and try to get it down. It goes up every single year and it's getting ridiculous. At the very least, I'll ditch the On-The-Go. It's a good feature but it's just not worth $60 on top of the $300 I'm already paying.

I cancelled mine this year...the cost is just getting way out of control.

OpIv37
07-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I cancelled mine this year...the cost is just getting way out of control.
I'm so tempted to cancel it but it's the only way to watch the Bills games down here.

THATHURMANATOR
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm so tempted to cancel it but it's the only way to watch the Bills games down here.
Where abouts do you live man? My Fiance'e brother lives near DC in Virginia and he knows of at least 2 Buffalo bars that tune in all the Sabres and Bills games.

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 12:17 PM

I hear ya...being in WNY, it was just a luxury and I don't feel like paying for it anymore. We're taking the kid to Disney again this year, so the money will go towards something that my family will get more enjoyment out of.

THATHURMANATOR
07-08-2010, 12:18 PM
The Ticket is as much as my season tickets.... DAMN

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
The Ticket is as much as my season tickets.... DAMN

Yep...it's getting stupid.

DMBcrew36
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I hear ya...being in WNY, it was just a luxury and I don't feel like paying for it anymore. We're taking the kid to Disney again this year, so the money will go towards something that my family will get more enjoyment out of.

Same here. I'm in Buffalo and we had the ticket last season just to watch other teams, who could remind us what a real football team looked like. I can't believe the NFL is allowed to gouge people with such absurd prices for Sunday Ticket. We cancelled it not long after the Super Bowl.

trapezeus
07-08-2010, 12:24 PM

So if your family goes to disney and gets hit by a bus, contracts a horrible case of food poisoning and it rains the entire time, you'll have still made out :-)

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM

So if your family goes to disney and gets hit by a bus, contracts a horrible case of food poisoning and it rains the entire time, you'll have still made out :-)

Ha, ha...well, I guess I'd lose if that happens.

OpIv37
07-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Where abouts do you live man? My Fiance'e brother lives near DC in Virginia and he knows of at least 2 Buffalo bars that tune in all the Sabres and Bills games.

I live near DC in VA as well. I know of at least 3 Bills bars: McFadden's in Georgetown, Grevey's in Merrifield/Falls Church, and Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, plus there are several others that show every game regardless of team.

But then I have to drive there, spend $ on food and drinks, drive home... $300/16 games is $18.75 a game. It's unlikely that I could spend 3 hours in any of those places and get out of there for less than $19. And usually, at least once or twice a season, my family schedules something that I can't get out of during a game, and I lose the opportunity to even record it and watch it later. I already know I'm going to miss one game because my brother is getting married on Oct 10th, which is a Sunday.

Following an out of market team really sucks.

OpIv37
07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm really conflicted on this.

As a fan, I want to watch my team, win, lose, or draw.
As a pragmatist (and a cheapskate), I don't want to spend $300 on something that's probably going to make me miserable a lot more often than it's going to make me happy.

This team sucks all the fun out of football.

trapezeus
07-08-2010, 12:50 PM
[quote=trapezeus]

Ha, ha...well, I guess I'd lose if that happens.

no, see, i don't think you will. i think even with those events, its possible the bills would make you feel worse if you had to go attend these things in person.

As for the debate OP, i rationalize the cost this way as an out of town fan.
$350 or whatever it is divided by 16 games. Its about $22 bucks a game. With a drink, food and sitting at some random seat in a bar with people potentially blocking your view at times, it's probably the same cost. I think my bar tab routinely comes out to about $30 with tip.

The push in favor of the ticket is that instead of having to leave a bar with your bills jersey in shame, you can just get up and resume your day with the ticket. plus you get to be connected to the internet at home and see which other games are going on without craning your neck to other tvs.

If it outstrips the cost of going to a bar, then its not worth it to me.

DMBcrew36
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM

As a pragmatist (and a cheapskate), I don't want to spend $300 on something that's probably going to make me miserable a lot more often than it's going to make me happy.

This team sucks all the fun out of football.

I would do it if I didn't live in Buffalo. It's either paying up the absurd price, or trying to watch online, which is extremely unreliable, as you know.

ZAZusmc03
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I would do it if I didn't live in Buffalo. It's either paying up the absurd price, or trying to watch online, which is extremely unreliable, as you know.

I've had to rely on streams the past few seasons. Last season I actually found a consistent one, but it still sucks to have to watch low quality on a computer.

trapezeus
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I've had to rely on streams the past few seasons. Last season I actually found a consistent one, but it still sucks to have to watch low quality on a computer.

the nfl sponsored stream for manhattan is poor quality too.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I thought they already streamed the games that were shown on NFL Network last year. The Thursday nighters and such. I wasn't able to get it in Canada because we get free NFL network so it wouldn't let me grab it on the internet.
You live in Victoria???I live in Friday Harbor thats like a rock throw away huh??

BlackMetalNinja
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM

This team sucks all the fun out of football.I've had enough personally... The cost is out of hand, especially coupled with the mood I inevitably end up in after Bills games. Add in the birth of a child, it just wasn't in the cards at all this year.

I'm going to miss the Red Zone Channel more than anything else quite honestly. By the end of the season, that was FAR more interesting than Bills games, especially for a Fantasy Nerd.

Tatonka
07-09-2010, 01:40 AM
just an update.. i just placed my order to renew the ticket.. i upgraded to hd this season.. they gave me 2 HD receivers for free.. they will be installing the new satelite for free and they took 120$ off of the cost of the nft ticket. that said.. i have been a customer since 1998 and they referenced that a couple times.. but i am pretty happy with the deal i got for sure.. i am buying a samsung 58" plasma next week, so i can't wait to see how it all looks!

ChristopherWalken
07-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Do you have a link for this? Did a search and couldn't find it.

I would highly consider just getting the Replay, avoiding Bills scores during the live game and then watch it after its aired as if it was live for that price.

better days
07-09-2010, 07:08 AM
just an update.. i just placed my order to renew the ticket.. i upgraded to hd this season.. they gave me 2 HD receivers for free.. they will be installing the new satelite for free and they took 120$ off of the cost of the nft ticket. that said.. i have been a customer since 1998 and they referenced that a couple times.. but i am pretty happy with the deal i got for sure.. i am buying a samsung 58" plasma next week, so i can't wait to see how it all looks!

Congrats, it should look great. I am a big fan of Samsung myself. Before they hook you up, I would call back & tell them you want free HD for life that they are offering new customers. Ask to speak to customer retention.

ZAZusmc03
07-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm glad I went with Dish Network, I get the redzone channel for 5 bucks a month. WIN.

OpIv37
07-09-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm glad I went with Dish Network, I get the redzone channel for 5 bucks a month. WIN.

Win? Not for a real football fan who wants to watch the whole game. If you just want to watch highlights, you can watch NFL Prime Time on ESPN for free.

BlackMetalNinja
07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Win? Not for a real football fan who wants to watch the whole game. If you just want to watch highlights, you can watch NFL Prime Time on ESPN for free.Congrats for the douchebag statement of the day...

He's not a "real" football fan because he found an affordable means to watch a lot more football? Well damn, I must not even be a football fan at all, much less a real one because I can't continue to pay the ridiculous price that Sunday Ticket costs. I should probably get rid of all my memorabilia that has collected all around my house and what not if I can't be a "real" fan.

Seriously, why do people feel the need to use terminology like that. The thing I hate the most about a lot of people on this site is their never ending necessity to show just how much more of a fan they are than everybody else. Well if being a "real" fan means I have to spend $400 a season to watch every single play of every game, and then of course ***** about them all to no end, count me out I guess.

Oh, and I guess Op, that you are certainly NOT a "REAL" Sabres fan then either, since you watch maybe a dozen games all season.

OpIv37
07-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Congrats for the douchebag statement of the day...

He's not a "real" football fan because he found an affordable means to watch a lot more football? Well damn, I must not even be a football fan at all, much less a real one because I can't continue to pay the ridiculous price that Sunday Ticket costs. I should probably get rid of all my memorabilia that has collected all around my house and what not if I can't be a "real" fan.

Seriously, why do people feel the need to use terminology like that. The thing I hate the most about a lot of people on this site is their never ending necessity to show just how much more of a fan they are than everybody else. Well if being a "real" fan means I have to spend $400 a season to watch every single play of every game, and then of course ***** about them all to no end, count me out I guess.

Oh, and I guess Op, that you are certainly NOT a "REAL" Sabres fan then either, since you watch maybe a dozen games all season.

You at least stream the games (as I do with the Sabres games) or go to a bar. If you don't have $400 (actually it's $300 without the On the Go package) for Sunday Ticket, find an alternative, but don't sit there and say the Red Zone channel is a sufficient replacement because it's not. Hell, even listening to a free online radio broadcast or using ESPN Game Center is better than watching the RZC because at least then you're following every play.

And for the record, I probably only saw 15 or so Sabres games on actual TV but I saw most or all of at least 40 more on my computer. I made an effort to follow the WHOLE game instead of just putting on NHL On The Fly and waiting for score updates.

tatersalad
07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I just got half off

tatersalad
07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Just called and said i tryed to cancel it online and they said i have to call and superfan is free now, they asked y i said cost of course so its half off

BlackMetalNinja
07-09-2010, 03:16 PM
You at least stream the games (as I do with the Sabres games) or go to a bar. If you don't have $400 (actually it's $300 without the On the Go package) for Sunday Ticket, find an alternative, but don't sit there and say the Red Zone channel is a sufficient replacement because it's not. Hell, even listening to a free online radio broadcast or using ESPN Game Center is better than watching the RZC because at least then you're following every play.

And for the record, I probably only saw 15 or so Sabres games on actual TV but I saw most or all of at least 40 more on my computer. I made an effort to follow the WHOLE game instead of just putting on NHL On The Fly and waiting for score updates.
And where did he say he doesn't make an effort to watch games through other means? All he said was he gets TRZ a lot cheaper than Sunday Ticket. Additionally, who cares if that's what works for him. When were you put in charg le of the "what signifies a fan" department? I just found your wording wholly unnecessary and indicative of the attitude displayed so often around here that leads to this place losing members or preventing us from gaining more who wish to contribute.

better days
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM

If you had called DTV, asked to speak to customer retention & told them you were going to switch to Dish, I am sure they would have given you the NFL ticket for free. They do things like that for people out of contract all the time.

The last buffalo fan
07-09-2010, 04:54 PM
If you had called DTV, asked to speak to customer retention & told them you were going to switch to Dish, I am sure they would have given you the NFL ticket for free. They do things like that for people out of contract all the time.

Could you contact Mexico's office and make them aware of it, please?

better days
07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Could you contact Mexico's office and make them aware of it, please?

I did not know DTV was available in Mexico. If so, they probably have the same policy. If you are out of contract, politely tell them you are thinking of going to a competitor & ask for what you want.

If it is reasonable, they will oblige to keep an existing customer, but you need to speak to customer retention, they are the only people with the authority to make deals to keep you.

Again when asking, be polite, they would probably not mind losing an existing customer that is a pita.

Tatonka
07-09-2010, 06:18 PM
damn.. half off.. i feel like i got ripped off now.. :mad:

although i did get the 2 hd receivers for free, so i guess i shouldnt ***** about 30 dollars.

Bunnerjk
07-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I called and threatened to cancel and they offered it to me for 6 payments of $29.99.

better days
07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
damn.. half off.. i feel like i got ripped off now.. :mad:

although i did get the 2 hd receivers for free, so i guess i shouldnt ***** about 30 dollars.

As I said if they have not done the install yet, call & ask for the free HD for life, that is $10/mo forever as long as you have DTV.

If they have already done the install, ask for nothing more until your contract is over, then you can ask for the free HD & Free NFL ticket as well as free movie channels to stay with them.

ZAZusmc03
07-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Win? Not for a real football fan who wants to watch the whole game. If you just want to watch highlights, you can watch NFL Prime Time on ESPN for free.

Win for me, I watch split screen of the local game being televised / Redzone, all the while streaming the Bills game on my computer. Thats good enough for me. It isn't possible for me to watch every single play of every single game, hence the reason I watch the bills games and redzone. So to me, 5 dollars and a little effort is 10X better than $300 to watch the bills play every weekend.

OpIv37
07-10-2010, 02:20 PM
And where did he say he doesn't make an effort to watch games through other means? All he said was he gets TRZ a lot cheaper than Sunday Ticket. Additionally, who cares if that's what works for him. When were you put in charg le of the "what signifies a fan" department? I just found your wording wholly unnecessary and indicative of the attitude displayed so often around here that leads to this place losing members or preventing us from gaining more who wish to contribute.
I never thought it would cause so much controversy to say that fans WATCH the games.

mikemac2001
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I never thought it would cause so much controversy to say that fans WATCH the games.

i try to watch every sec of every bills game, i agree with the Whole Rz Chan Argument....whats the point of seeing highlights

but thats just me

Throne Logic
07-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Me.

I wired my entire house with CAT6 and living area for full 7.1 sound. I watch much of my programing via my self-built HTPC on my 61 inch analog 4:3 TV...

It's big... and works. Hard to let go. Can't just put it in the guest room...

The last buffalo fan
07-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Me.

I wired my entire house with CAT6 and living area for full 7.1 sound. I watch much of my programing via my self-built HTPC on my 61 inch analog 4:3 TV...

I was trying to get there and watch the game live, I guess now it will be the next step for me, to wire all my house and get a great sound equipment, WTH!!

DMBcrew36
07-13-2010, 10:55 AM
As a DirecTV subscriber... how can I get ONLY the RedZone? I don't want the full rip-off package.

better days
07-13-2010, 11:20 AM
As a DirecTV subscriber... how can I get ONLY the RedZone? I don't want the full rip-off package.

As a Direct TV subscriber, you can't get only the red zone.

DMBcrew36
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
As a Direct TV subscriber, you can't get only the red zone.

that's what I thought... ughhh

better days
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
that's what I thought... ughhh

If you are out of contract, you can talk to customer retention & tell them you are thinking of switching to Dish for the redzone. They will probably give you the Sunday ticket.

If you still have a commitment, you can see if they will give you a break on the ticket.

DMBcrew36
07-13-2010, 01:53 PM
If you are out of contract, you can talk to customer retention & tell them you are thinking of switching to Dish for the redzone. They will probably give you the Sunday ticket.

If you still have a commitment, you can see if they will give you a break on the ticket.

yeah, i dunno. I doubt they could give me enough of a deal to convince me. I get Bills games already, locally, so I don't really care about having the ticket. I just like RedZone a lot.

mikemac2001
07-13-2010, 04:21 PM
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2124914

Check this out some stories on how they got it discounted

tat2dmike77
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
It's cheaper for ME to just get season tixs and come to Buffalo for two or three games and sell the rest of the tixs. I remember when this was $180 and I thought then it was overpriced but i did enjoy it.

Now with these prices that is out of control. $300 bucks for this what a rip off.

jamze132
07-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Me.

And I still do not personally know anyone.

Spiderweb
07-14-2010, 02:25 AM

58" of HDTV glory......should be very nice.....congrats.

T-Long
07-20-2010, 08:19 PM
just got off the phone with them...got it for $180 total! He tried saying 10% off, and I said no. He then said 20% off, and I said no. I put him on hold and "talked" to my wife about it and told him we would do it for $200. He said, let me do you one better. How about I give you 40% off and make it a total of $180?

Yes, sir.

Done deal.

Bruce is Loose
07-21-2010, 06:58 AM
My dad was just signing up for DTV and it looked like he could get the mobile package without the full package... which would mean he could watch the games via internet TV. Does getting the mobile only package work or do you need to get the full package?

BlackMetalNinja
07-21-2010, 07:39 AM
My dad was just signing up for DTV and it looked like he could get the mobile package without the full package... which would mean he could watch the games via internet TV. Does getting the mobile only package work or do you need to get the full package?oooh, very interesting question... I could definitely swing that and have my laptop on to watch the Bills and then my TV on whatever local games were on.

wmoz11
07-21-2010, 07:56 AM
My dad was just signing up for DTV and it looked like he could get the mobile package without the full package... which would mean he could watch the games via internet TV. Does getting the mobile only package work or do you need to get the full package?

Apparently, you have to have the full package to get the mobile package.

Can I get NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go without subscribing to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™?

No. A subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ is required for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go.

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1814

OpIv37
07-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I called last week. I was already getting the free HD for a year and the free DVR for a year, so the guy said he couldn't offer me any more discounts. I was about to cancel it, and he still didn't offer me any more savings. I ended up just canceling the mobile portion to at least save the $60.

Looks like they still have me by the balls.

Tatonka
07-21-2010, 05:52 PM
58" of HDTV glory......should be very nice.....congrats.

just got the monster power center and Polk Surroundbar IHT3000 today as well. i will have the PS3 hooked up to it for bluray and a tivo hd premier for my comcast, then the hd directv box for sundays only. i am getting the tv friday. to say im am excited is an understatement.

tampabay25690
07-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I called last week. I was already getting the free HD for a year and the free DVR for a year, so the guy said he couldn't offer me any more discounts. I was about to cancel it, and he still didn't offer me any more savings. I ended up just canceling the mobile portion to at least save the $60.

Looks like they still have me by the balls.
Same thing to me last nite.....
NO MORE DISCOUNTS

wmoz11
08-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Non-Direct TV subscribers can get Sunday Ticket this year, but...

The only catch -- and it's a big one -- is that the plan appears targeted only to people who live in apartments that don't allow dishes or in areas without a satellite signal.

At least...

It's only a matter of time before everyone can get every game on their computer. As part of DirecTV's contract extension with the NFL, they are required to establish a full online version (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/article.jsp?assetId=P5590122) of Sunday Ticket by 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/06/directv-to-beef-up-online-offers-of-sunday-ticket/

SquishDaFish
08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Thats good news for people who cant get Direct Tv. Good to hear

better days
08-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Thats good news for people who cant get Direct Tv. Good to hear

Direct TV wants $350 for that service & I doubt they will offer any discounts on it. I would rather go to a bar myself.

The last buffalo fan
08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Direct TV wants $350 for that service & I doubt they will offer any discounts on it. I would rather go to a bar myself.

In a bar I would spend like $20 bucks for game myself, it would be for 8 beers and a little snack. I'm not including gas for my car, because the place is like 15 to 20 minutes from home. If I got there early I could get a big screen just for me but it means more beers and a good tip for it.

Including that many beer, a good snack/food and the NFL ticket for the entire season I will pay no more than $302 bucks, if I go to a bar and watch there just the regular 16 games season I would end paying at least $320.00, so I rather stay home and watching the games with my boys and wife complaining that wants to go out or me doing some job after the game!! :gobills:

better days
08-06-2010, 05:52 PM
In a bar I would spend like $20 bucks for game myself, it would be for 8 beers and a little snack. I'm not including gas for my car, because the place is like 15 to 20 minutes from home. If I got there early I could get a big screen just for me but it means more beers and a good tip for it.

Including that many beer, a good snack/food and the NFL ticket for the entire season I will pay no more than $302 bucks, if I go to a bar and watch there just the regular 16 games season I would end paying at least $320.00, so I rather stay home and watching the games with my boys and wife complaining that wants to go out or me doing some job after the game!! :gobills:

I know what you are saying. I like having the ticket myself but I think $350 to watch it on the computer is excessive. (Glad I don't have to, I only have a 20" monitor.)

SquishDaFish
08-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Im sure it wont be 350 to watch on a PC

better days
08-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Im sure it wont be 350 to watch on a PC

I read somewhere Direct TV is going to charge $350, now I'm sure there are sites you can watch it on a PC for free.

SquishDaFish
08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Of course there is. But Ill stick to me sunday ticket lol

Jamiezzz
08-07-2010, 08:16 AM
I actually got a great deal!!!! I played Directv vs. Verizon Fios...I threatened to cancel my Directv, and head to Fios, and vice versa....So I ended up with verizon fios ultimate HD Package, with free movie channels, and NHL center ice for free, and convinced Directv to give me NFL Ticket for 134.99....so I save 60.00 on my bill per month, and get everything I needed...

better days
08-07-2010, 08:33 AM
I actually got a great deal!!!! I played Directv vs. Verizon Fios...I threatened to cancel my Directv, and head to Fios, and vice versa....So I ended up with verizon fios ultimate HD Package, with free movie channels, and NHL center ice for free, and convinced Directv to give me NFL Ticket for 134.99....so I save 60.00 on my bill per month, and get everything I needed...

So you have BOTH Fios TV & Direct TV?

Jamiezzz
08-07-2010, 08:39 AM
YES!!! Both Fios and Directv...I have very basic package w/ Directv, and Nfl package...Fios, I have bundle of phone, internet, and tv...Seems weird, but works out well...And I couldn't turn down the pricing..

better days
08-07-2010, 08:42 AM
YES!!! Both Fios and Directv...I have very basic package w/ Directv, and Nfl package...Fios, I have bundle of phone, internet, and tv...Seems weird, but works out well...And I couldn't turn down the pricing..

How would you compare the HD Picture between the two? Is it the same or is one better than the other? Do you have the FIOS DVR & if so how do you like it?

tomz
08-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Folks: I moved down to Tennessee in the last year and gave up my season's tickets (which I maintained from Cleveland). We just switched to Direct TV from cable and got the NFL Sunday Ticket for free for life (with a premium Direct TV package). We will also get the computer link included (Sunday Ticket to go--on iPhone, computer, tablet).

We did SWITCH and also have other things through AT&T.

Tatonka
08-07-2010, 09:34 AM
same thing for me. i have Comcast for internet and tv.. and directv for just the nfl ticket. since i went to hd this year, i had to get a base service package.

Risin
08-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Like others, I sincerely wanted to cancel, but the guy offered 29.99 for 6 months, and I couldn't pass it up.

Almighty_Bruce_78
08-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Cool.

xs_sports
08-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey guys!

If anyone is interested in an online option, I'll have every Bills game this year again plus 4-5 other games during the weekend including MNF.

better days
08-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey guys!

If anyone is interested in an online option, I'll have every Bills game this year again plus 4-5 other games during the weekend including MNF.

Even though the replays will be on NFL Network, I would like to watch the preseason games live online.

xs_sports
08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Even though the replays will be on NFL Network, I would like to watch the preseason games live online.

I will have all of the Bills preseason games also, schedule for next week looks like this,

Thursday, 7:30pm - New Orleans Saints at New England Patriots (LIVE)
Friday, 7:30pm - Buffalo Bills at Washington Redskins (LIVE)
Saturday, 7:00pm - Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins (LIVE)
Saturday, 10:00pm - Tennessee Titans at Seattle Seahawks (LIVE)
Sunday, 7:00pm - Denver Broncos at Cincinnati Bengals (LIVE)