RockStar36
07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326852

CuseJetsFan83
07-07-2010, 11:12 AM
heh, at first i didn't believe, but um.. wow

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, looks like Neidermayer and McCormick replace Mair and Ellis.

And on a related note, does anyone else think of Animal House every time they hear the name? "NEIDERMAYER!!!!"

CuseJetsFan83
07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Real_ESPNLeBrun (http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Hearing that Pittsburgh and Edmonton were in it with Buffalo at the end on Niedermayer. He chose the Sabres

interesting that he would pick buffalo over pittsburgh

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 11:19 AM
And btw, by my count, we're still short a backup goalie and a defenseman (unless they plan to keep both Sekera and Butler in regular rotation :ill:).

CuseJetsFan83
07-07-2010, 11:21 AM
i think they are probably waiting to see if arbitration forces some teams to make trades....... still technically early since FA is only a week old but still

RockStar36
07-07-2010, 11:21 AM
And btw, by my count, we're still short a backup goalie and a defenseman (unless they plan to keep both Sekera and Butler in regular rotation :ill:).

There are 2 guys to bring up from Portland, but yes, I fear that Sekera and Butler will get even more playing time. Sekera doesn't bug me so much but Butler fell off hard last year.

And I'm pretty sure they were serious about letting Enroth take the job, although Lalime is still available.

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Giving Enroth the job makes me nervous, not so much because of him but because of Lindy.

If Lindy can't trust the experienced Lalime and Thibault to play 20-25 games a year, he sure as hell isn't going to trust Enroth, whom I believe has 1 NHL game to his name at the moment. Expect Miller to get overworked again this year.

ct bills fan
07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Like the signing a lot - good verteran presence, but, not exactly a point machine - 22 points in 71 games last year.

Nighthawk
07-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Ehh, it's a so-so signing....good depth and great character guy, but this team sorely needs to change the top six forwards on this team and get a PP defenseman.

The Spaz
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Ugggh yay I guess...

tampabay25690
07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I heard they were close to a big name but wasnt sure who it was or I would have posted this am...
Good veteran guy

trapezeus
07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
this suggests they've got another move...too many forwards now. no defensemen. i think we hear another move by end of day or end of week at latest.

this suggests to me that they are making a serious effort for the cup if they trade for a top Dman and get a veteran guy on a one year deal and give up some prospects or a dying player like stafford.

wiener52
07-07-2010, 01:16 PM
"Put Neidermeyer on it. He's a sneaky little $%!+ just like you" - Dean Wormer

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 01:24 PM
this suggests they've got another move...too many forwards now. no defensemen. i think we hear another move by end of day or end of week at latest.

this suggests to me that they are making a serious effort for the cup if they trade for a top Dman and get a veteran guy on a one year deal and give up some prospects or a dying player like stafford.

wait, what? Make a move? Trade for a top Dman? Give up on a guy they brought up through their system? Give up on prospects?

You do realize we're talking about the Buffalo Sabres, right?

SabreEleven
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
This was a great signing....if this was 5 years ago.

trapezeus
07-07-2010, 01:51 PM
wait, what? Make a move? Trade for a top Dman? Give up on a guy they brought up through their system? Give up on prospects?

You do realize we're talking about the Buffalo Sabres, right?

on its own, its a mediocre move. it's leadership and its cheap. but it won't really make much difference in the locker room.

if they are looking to have this move have impact, they have to move an underperformer off the team to send a mesage to the rest of the team. and if they move someone off, they need to bring someone in.

So the need is a PP dman and a scoring forward. If he can move stafford or connolly for another solid D man who can change the whole PP unit's approach, then the sabres are looking really pretty going into 2010-2011.

Add on top of that that they'll be strictly original uni's and you can call be a believer.

Hwoever, like OP said, i am taking this on faith that reiger is not content on mediocre and is making a push to win the whole kitandkaboodle this year.

mchurchfie
07-07-2010, 02:19 PM
This was a quality signing, he is a good vet to have in the lockerroom to show some the pussies of the bunch how to man up a little.

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 02:29 PM
This was a quality signing, he is a good vet to have in the lockerroom to show some the pussies of the bunch how to man up a little.

but didn't we say the same thing about Rivet?

trapezeus
07-07-2010, 02:53 PM
rivet was a good signing. it wasn't as impactful as we thought, but having lost spacek, he was a good replacement.

Philagape
07-07-2010, 03:24 PM
:::

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-07-2010, 03:43 PM
The reason this is a good signing is the dollar amount. Niedermayer is nothing more than a 3rd line player. If you are looking for toughness, you better look elsewhere.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_shG8ijG8w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_shG8ijG8w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Michael82
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Not bad...but still...what a crappy offseason so far. This team doesn't look any better on paper, especially now that we have both Sekera and Butler getting a lot more playing time.

chubluv
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Real_ESPNLeBrun (http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Hearing that Pittsburgh and Edmonton were in it with Buffalo at the end on Niedermayer. He chose the Sabres

interesting that he would pick buffalo over pittsburgh

He must have lost a bet if he chose us over the Pens.

clumping platelets
07-07-2010, 10:49 PM

:gosabres:

Electrici
07-08-2010, 01:59 AM

This

jamze132
07-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Can we trade Connelly now?

rbochan
07-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Awesome! Because what the Sabres needed was another 3rd/4th liner!

Brilliant Darcy!

RockStar36
07-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Not bad...but still...what a crappy offseason so far. This team doesn't look any better on paper, especially now that we have both Sekera and Butler getting a lot more playing time.

Well since games are played on paper, might as well just count out the upcoming season.

Jan Reimers
07-08-2010, 09:03 AM
This team can use some veteran leadership, and we just got some. Good signing.

SabreEleven
07-08-2010, 10:19 AM
The reason this is a good signing is the dollar amount. Niedermayer is nothing more than a 3rd line player. If you are looking for toughness, you better look elsewhere.

<OBJECT width=480 height=385>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_shG8ijG8w&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></OBJECT></P>
ehhhh, no big deal in my book. 95% of this league would lose a fight to Cooke plus it sounds like Neidermayer was sticking up for someone and probably knew he was going to get his ass kicked.

RockStar36
07-08-2010, 12:04 PM
ehhhh, no big deal in my book. 95% of this league would lose a fight to Cooke plus it sounds like Neidermayer was sticking up for someone and probably knew he was going to get his ass kicked.

I can't see the video at work but at lest Niedermayer was fighting/standing up for someone. That right there is something the Sabres lack.

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I can't see the video at work but at lest Niedermayer was fighting/standing up for someone. That right there is something the Sabres lack.

True and I agree...but this organization refuses to admit they are wrong about their core players. Until this happens, mediocrity will reign for the Sabres.

OpIv37
07-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Well since games are played on paper, might as well just count out the upcoming season.

I don't know- seems to me that some pretty accurate predictions have been made around here long before the season starts. No one knows exactly what the outcome will be, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the most likely outcome is.

This is a rerun- we've seen this episode before. The show's producers can get a few cheap laughs with some decent supporting cast members, but as long as the main characters still suck, the show won't do any better.

SabreEleven
07-08-2010, 02:04 PM
What is the definition of insanity?

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
What the definition of insanity?

The picture next to it in the Dictionary is a picture of Darcy and Larry...the two dumbasses running this organization.