PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas words of wisdom

ZAZusmc03
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
"I've got my money on Brian Brohm (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34556/Brian_Brohm)," Thomas said. "There's just something about him. When I was over there, we had a great conversation. He was picking my brain about how Jim Kelly used to do things."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/7/8/1558773/thurman-thomas-ive-got-my-money-on

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
This is what he said on WGR this morning...it was interesting to hear that. Like I've always said, I hope Brohm wins it and proves he deserves to start. However, if he doesn't and Trent is the guy, then I'm Ok with it because he would've won the job. We will see.

BillsWin
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
The media begs to differ.

But then again, I don't think anyone really knows what Chan is thinking.

Edwards may be the favorite to win it in the media's and fan's opinion, but you never know what's going to happen until opening day.

justasportsfan
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Thurm flipflops a lot too. He was all over Trents jock when we went 5-1

trapezeus
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
this training camp can't get here fast enough. i just want the answer. this is becoming like buffalo's mini version of the lebron james ordeal. "who's going to start, can they do it?"

I just want the answers at this point. and i want a team that jells in TC, comes out like a bat out of hell and beats up teams that everyone is forced to acknowledge how amazing this team is, and the wins the whole thing with pretty much only the team being able to say, "we knew we could do this from the begining when no one else did."

but that's me.

OpIv37
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
this training camp can't get here fast enough. i just want the answer. this is becoming like buffalo's mini version of the lebron james ordeal. "who's going to start, can they do it?"

I have your answers:

Who's going to start: Doesn't matter.
Can they do it: No.

trapezeus
07-08-2010, 01:34 PM
those are the odds. those aren't the answers. i want to complain with substance or be hopeful with substance.

yes, i think the bills are holding an offsuit 2 and 5. That almost never wins a hand at poker...but occassionaly, just occassionaly, the cards play out right. You're a sucker for playing those cards, but you also are even more excited when it wins.

JCBills
07-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Edwards may be the favorite to win it in the media's and fan's opinion, but you never know what's going to happen until opening day.

The media has been all over the place on this one. Different places are saying different players look better at this point. They're usually pretty all over the place on everything anyways, then when something actually happens, everyone jumps in saying "SEE JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU".

homeslice5484
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
#4 throwing to #13...that would be great!

JCBills
07-08-2010, 02:30 PM
#4 throwing to #13...that would be great!

Hah I know, I asked Stevie how he felt about Louisville to Kentucky for 6, never went back to check for a response though lol.

Shawn Nelson actually sent me an interesting comment though....

@shawnnelson89 (http://twitter.com/shawnnelson89) Shawn who do you think will win the QB job? Brohm to Nelson for 6?

Response:

I hope so bro

Hummmmmmmmmmm.

madness
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
The media has been all over the place on this one. Different places are saying different players look better at this point. They're usually pretty all over the place on everything anyways, then when something actually happens, everyone jumps in saying "SEE JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU".

They are also most likely basing it on one single practice or regurgitated feed.

BillsWin
07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
In Thurman I trust.

Sort of.

Beebe's Kid
07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Ohhhh Snap!!! There it is. Brohm is our guy!!

...could this be the "big splash?"

BillsWin
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM

The big splash we were promised but never were rewarded?

I sure hope so. :jig:

JCBills
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Haha, not saying anything like that, just maybe some of the guys already like Brohm over the others?

JCBills
07-08-2010, 03:20 PM
The big splash we were promised but never were rewarded?

I sure hope so. :jig:

"The Phantom Tweet"

better days
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM

Trent is the favorite of the media, no doubt. The fans?? Not so much, I think. I doubt even 50% are pulling for Trent to win the job.

Dujek
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
It doesn't really matter what Thurman Thomas thinks though, it's all about who Chan Gailey sees as the most likely guy to succeed. That could very well be Brohm, but Edwards is looking like the favourite right now.

YardRat
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Please don't use 'Thurman Thomas' and 'wisdom' in the same sentence ever again. Ever.

BillsWin
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Trent is the favorite of the media, no doubt. The fans?? Not so much, I think. I doubt even 50% are pulling for Trent to win the job.

You misread my post.

I don't think Trent is a "fan favorite", I think that the majority think he is in the lead to start or "favorite to win it".

I know the fans may not be pulling for Trent, but a lot of them think he will be the starter. Doesn't mean they like it.

Wolffman
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Does anyone else want the early-90s guys to just go away?

sdbillsfan2
07-08-2010, 07:08 PM

hell no... They're the only positive memory I have. Thurm,s opinion doesn't bother me any more then any one else s opinion. Take them for what they are worth and see what happens. I'd rather have a HoF opinion ( which is all it is) then some hack who has never played the game and just regurgitates what everyone else is writing. He said his money is on one horse and some people see it differently .So what!!!!

better days
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
You misread my post.

I don't think Trent is a "fan favorite", I think that the majority think he is in the lead to start or "favorite to win it".

I know the fans may not be pulling for Trent, but a lot of them think he will be the starter. Doesn't mean they like it.

Sorry, my mistake.

Goobylal
07-08-2010, 07:39 PM
The one thing that simply won't change with Trent is that he's injury-prone. I believe he's had ONE healthy season in both his college and NFL career. Beyond that, he's NEVER had a winning season in either college or the NFL. Time to cut bait with him being a starter, get Brohm all the snaps, and keep Trent as the backup.

BillsWin
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Sorry, my mistake.

No problems!

Nighthawk
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
The one thing that simply won't change with Trent is that he's injury-prone. I believe he's had ONE healthy season in both his college and NFL career. Beyond that, he's NEVER had a winning season in either college or the NFL. Time to cut bait with him being a starter, get Brohm all the snaps, and keep Trent as the backup.

That's the scary thing...the guy doesn't win...that's a big problem.

casdhf
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Thurm's a fan like the rest of us. He's about as qualified as we are too.

Goobylal
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Thurm's a fan like the rest of us. He's about as qualified as we are too.
You're kidding, right? He only played with a HOF QB. I'd take his word over someone like, Carucci or Miller anyday.

mightysimi
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I have a little problem with the HOFers voicing their opinion. They were good ball players but that doesn't make them good talent evaluators. When the media says somebody should start, no one cares but when a HOF former member says someone should start, it puts the organization in a tough spot. Specially if they don't win by doing the opposite of what they say. They have all the support from the fan base which puts the coaches in a tough spot to either side with them and go against their judgment or oppose them and piss off the fans. I just wish they would keep it positive and impartial.

PromoTheRobot
07-08-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/7/8/1558773/thurman-thomas-ive-got-my-money-on
Sounds like Thurman likes the Brohm-nosing. :lol:

Seriously, at this point I don't care who starts. Just be halfway decent.

PTR

jamze132
07-09-2010, 12:19 AM
those are the odds. those aren't the answers. i want to complain with substance or be hopeful with substance.

yes, i think the bills are holding an offsuit 2 and 5. That almost never wins a hand at poker...but occassionaly, just occassionaly, the cards play out right. You're a sucker for playing those cards, but you also are even more excited when it wins.
Do you play poker?

7-2 off is the worst hand you can possibly have. At least 5-2 already has 2 cards needed for the low straight.

Sorry to get off topic, I love poker. Thurman needs to keep his comments to himself because 2 months from now, he'll be praising another QB.

Commissioner
07-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Thurm flipflops a lot too. He wall over Trents jock when we went 5-1
you are correct.

As much as i love Thurman... i don't trust him at all as a talent evaluator.

He wanted us to draft Tim Tebow.

I asked him once about Dez Bryant... and he said who? I was thinking... the dude who goes to your alma mater?

better days
07-09-2010, 07:26 AM
you are correct.

As much as i love Thurman... i don't trust him at all as a talent evaluator.

He wanted us to draft Tim Tebow.

I asked him once about Dez Bryant... and he said who? I was thinking... the dude who goes to your alma mater?

Well Thurm probably wanted the Bills to draft Tebow because Jim Kelly also wanted the Bills to draft Tebow & they talk to each other.

I think the Bills would have taken Tebow in the 2nd rnd but Denver drafted him 1st. We will see, but I think Tebow is going to be a great NFL QB.

trapezeus
07-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Do you play poker?

7-2 off is the worst hand you can possibly have. At least 5-2 already has 2 cards needed for the low straight.

Sorry to get off topic, I love poker. Thurman needs to keep his comments to himself because 2 months from now, he'll be praising another QB.

i do... that's why i picked 2 and 5. because there is a chance it could win, but for the most part at a full table of 8, you probably wouldn't risk it. but if you felt like you were due, and you had to take the chance, you'd put it out there and hope for the best. that's what the bills are right now. a bad hand that has possibilities.

and oddly enough, 2-5 is also the expected range for the number of wins the team should have this season.

ddaryl
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Sounds like Thurman likes the Brohm-nosing. :lol:

Seriously, at this point I don't care who starts. Just be halfway decent.

PTR

SO anyone pulling for Brohm is for now on a Brohm Noser.....

Who's joining the Brohm Noser club..... If he can win the competiiton I am a definite Brohm Noser.... :kid:

Spiderweb
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Please don't use 'Thurman Thomas' and 'wisdom' in the same sentence ever again. Ever.

Damn, I couldn't agree more. I really appreciated Thurman's talents when he was a Bill, and frankly he was one of my favorites, but I never confused him with being "wise".

Cleve
07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I have your answers:

Who's going to start: Doesn't matter.
Can they do it: No.
Yep. You know when the team loads itself up with running backs the passing game will most likely suck donkey balls.

This is just an interim re-building year - at least now with Nix and Gailey, I have hope there is actual team building taking place, unlike the last wasted decade or so.

Vampire Baby
07-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Thurman played for the Dolphins at one point. That was annoying.
I'll ask why anyone would care about his opinion?

mikemac2001
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Thurman played for the Dolphins at one point. That was annoying.
I'll ask why anyone would care about his opinion?

thurman loved the game and still wanted to play....at the end of the day i think karma hit him and that was career ending injury...i doubt he would do it again. don't hate on an aged player wanting to keep playing.

SABURZFAN
07-10-2010, 01:58 AM

i don't mind them being around teaching the players some of the things they learned as long as they don't meddle and bring their bickering skills upon these players. their opinions are to be taken with a grain of salt because it all boils down to what Chan and his coaches think.

jamze132
07-10-2010, 02:15 AM
i do... that's why i picked 2 and 5. because there is a chance it could win, but for the most part at a full table of 8, you probably wouldn't risk it. but if you felt like you were due, and you had to take the chance, you'd put it out there and hope for the best. that's what the bills are right now. a bad hand that has possibilities.

and oddly enough, 2-5 is also the expected range for the number of wins the team should have this season.
touche'

Cleve
07-10-2010, 07:41 AM
There is that.... every time he speaks it serves as a reminder of the agony and pain of 4 lost Super Bowls - back to back.

It's an entire era I'd like to forget, actually.

Wolffman
07-10-2010, 07:27 PM
There is that.... every time he speaks it serves as a reminder of the agony and pain of 4 lost Super Bowls - back to back.

Truth.

I'm just sick of living in the past... and I never even remember it, I was barely 2 years old in their first Superbowl. These guys were great, sure, but as a fan base we need to move on.

Spiderweb
07-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Truth.

I'm just sick of living in the past... and I never even remember it, I was barely 2 years old in their first Superbowl. These guys were great, sure, but as a fan base we need to move on.

Maybe, but for some of us, we've enjoyed the sum of the work as a fan, and games like baseball, football, etc., lend themselves to statistical worship almost. To forget the past? While more often than not, it was painful, I don't ever want to forget the greatness of our late eighties, early nineties team. It's not about "living" in the past, it's about appreciating it. We may not ever see a team that loaded with talent again. I hope we do, but I have my doubts.

ddaryl
07-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Are you kidding it the only era I really choose to remember... the only one that was any good at all...

I'll stick with the 1990's bills at least they can say they knew how to play this game...

ddaryl
07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Truth.

No we don't just because you couldn't comprehend it means nothing.....

and there is nothing to move on from.. when we actually get something to move on from we'll all move on.. but until then it's the only thing we have to hold onto...

It might be sad but that's the reality of the franchise

dasaybz
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Thurm flipflops a lot too. He was all over Trents jock when we went 5-1

Who wasn't?

justasportsfan
07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Who wasn't?

JP