PDA

View Full Version : LeBatard takes a shot

Dr. Lecter
07-09-2010, 01:49 PM
ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" took a break from its LeBron James speculation-fest Thursday afternoon to discuss former Bill Terrell Owens … and to take a shot at Buffalo.

Owens went on a national radio station … 104.5 The Zone … to vent about his continued unemployment this offseason.

He doesn't blame the situation on his subpar stats from his one season with the Bills.

The culprit, in T.O.'s mind? ESPN.

"I may do 99 good things right, and if I do one thing wrong ESPN and all the people over there make it out to be the worst thing ever," Owens told the station, as recounted by PTI's Michael Wilbon.

Fill-in co-host Dan LeBatard, a Miami Herald columnist, said Owens has been a victim of media "overreaction" and praised the mercurial wide receiver for his good conduct last season.

"He was good last year, Mike, or at least he was on very good behavior," LeBatard said. "That Bills team wasn't easy to behave on. That city's not easy to behave in. And he behaved himself."

This prompted Wilbon to ask, "Why is Buffalo not easy to behave in?"

LeBatard, explaining himself, replied, "Just because you're losing and angry and there's nothing to do and you sob on the end of your bed at night."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/07/lebatard-takes-a-shot.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillboard+%28BillBoard%29

mercyrule
07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
You people do a lot of sobbing at the end of your bed at night?

madness
07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
How could you leave out the best part?

Hey, Dan, before I go cry myself to sleep at the foot of my bed tonight, I just wanted to say this: Go choke on a stone crab claw.

Dr. Lecter
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes.

BlackMetalNinja
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I hear Dave & Busters is pretty cool...

Ebenezer
07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Dan Leba****** strikes again.

Ebenezer
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I hear Dave & Busters is pretty cool...
Mighty overpriced.

tampabay25690
07-09-2010, 02:41 PM
How could you leave out the best part?

stone crabs are good

mercyrule
07-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Mighty overpriced.But fun for kids? Where is it?

Ebenezer
07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
But fun for kids? Where is it?
We had a zone lunch there years ago...Eastern Hills Mall I believe.

Dr. Lecter
07-09-2010, 03:08 PM
We had a zone lunch there years ago...Eastern Hills Mall I believe.

He is correct.

And is great for kids. All kinds of video games and stuff.

Last time I went, I went through a roadblock on the way home. I had 2 or 3 beers in about 3 hours and was fine.

LtFinFan66
07-09-2010, 03:10 PM
we Dolphin fans don't even like LeBatard

Mr. Miyagi
07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Dan Leba****** strikes again.
LeBatard is a die hard Jets fan. Nuff said.

mybills
07-09-2010, 03:15 PM
That's what we call my niece's dog Leiba. She's not too bright.

Dujek
07-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Bastard by name...

JCBills
07-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I just don't get the "nothing to do" statement so many writers with nothing to say pull.

What do people do in cities? Go to bars and clubs. Buffalo has more bars per square foot than any other city in the US. Oh, and you don't have to deal with flocks of metrosexuals in Buffalo.

YardRat
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I thought this was going to be about some sick mixture of Lebron, Bedard, and ******.

Ebenezer
07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
I just don't get the "nothing to do" statement so many writers with nothing to say pull.

What do people do in cities? Go to bars and clubs. Buffalo has more bars per square foot than any other city in the US. Oh, and you don't have to deal with flocks of metrosexuals in Buffalo.
There is a huge difference between the corner bar in Buffalo offering $2 Molson Golden and playing the latest and greatest from Lynyrd Skynyrd circa 1977 and a club in Miami. There is plenty to do here but the events in Buffalo don't even compare.

BillsWin
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Sounds like a total douche. Glad I wasn't watching or I might have thrown something at my tv. I'm rather fond of my tv.

JCBills
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
There is a huge difference between the corner bar in Buffalo offering $2 Molson Golden and playing the latest and greatest from Lynyrd Skynyrd circa 1977 and a club in Miami. There is plenty to do here but the events in Buffalo don't even compare.

Yeah there are more than enough dives. Buffalo still has its hot spots. Obviously Miami is quite a venue for several things, but to each his own, I have no desire to enter the state of Florida.

better days
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah there are more than enough dives. Buffalo still has its hot spots. Obviously Miami is quite a venue for several things, but to each his own, I have no desire to enter the state of Florida.

I have lived in Fla since 1984. The corner bar with the $2 Goldens, great wings, fish frys, beef on weck...etc. are one of the things I miss most about Buffalo.

Night Train
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
OMG ! I'm so offended.

:rolleyes:

Beebe's Kid
07-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I have lived in Fla since 1984. The corner bar with the $2 Goldens, great wings, fish frys, beef on weck...etc. are one of the things I miss most about Buffalo.

That is hilarious. You mean you don't like bars with $8 beers, a $20 cover charge, that is nuts to butts with a bunch of pretentious roid shooting freaks dancing to Sandstorm all night?

djjimkelly
07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
it makes me laugh that anyone takes a shot at any city.

EVERY city has hot girls.

and because of that its possible to bang hot girls

NUFF said

every city is fun its just what u make it

feldspar
07-09-2010, 10:19 PM
I think that Owens is basically right about what he is saying, but I'll never feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who is only 36 and physically fit. Cry me a river. Some, if not a lot, of his so-called "cancer" reputation is undeserved, especially recently...but, again, the guy is rich and healthy. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

I also think that he'll eventually land on a team. Don't know how much money he'll want, but that could be a part of the reason why he isn't yet on a team. His ego will be checked pretty soon.

Vampire Baby
07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I think that Owens is basically right about what he is saying, but I'll never feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who is only 36 and physically fit. Cry me a river. Some, if not a lot, of his so-called "cancer" reputation is undeserved, especially recently...but, again, the guy is rich and healthy. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

I also think that he'll eventually land on a team. Don't know how much money he'll want, but that could be a part of the reason why he isn't yet on a team. His ego will be checked pretty soon.

TO created his own drama. He was loving all the attention years ago and now no one cares. Remember when he did sit ups on his lawn.
He was traded to Baltimore at one time.... Never happened.
If he helped the Bills he should be back there.

On topic LOL
Coming from a Dolphin fan Lebatard is the king of the fools .... but crafty.

DrGraves
07-09-2010, 11:18 PM
his assessment is pretty accurate actually.

PromoTheRobot
07-10-2010, 10:45 AM
There's so much more to do in Miami, like play spot-the-douchebag, carjacker roulette or dodge bullets when drug deals go bad

PTR

PromoTheRobot
07-10-2010, 10:48 AM

What Buffalo is lacking is fun for the jet-set crowd. The A-list jerkoffs showing off for paparazzi. For normal people there is a no shortage of fun things to do, and not everything involves alcohol.

PTR

better days
07-10-2010, 11:51 AM
What Buffalo is lacking is fun for the jet-set crowd. The A-list jerkoffs showing off for paparazzi. For normal people there is a no shortage of fun things to do, and not everything involves alcohol.

PTR

But it is just that much more fun if it does.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
This guy is a ******...

Wolffman
07-10-2010, 07:23 PM
This will always happen. Buffalo has a stigma that is never going to be broken until we get some shiny new buildings and some tourism in the city proper.

Mike13
07-10-2010, 11:11 PM
we Dolphin fans don't even like LeBatard

He can be entertaining from time to time.

Night Train
07-11-2010, 07:19 AM

PTR Ding,ding,ding. We have a winner ! :bf1:

ParanoidAndroid
07-11-2010, 08:49 AM
LeBatard is a die hard Jets fan. Nuff said.

And probably a bandwagon Heat fan.

The Compromise
07-11-2010, 10:28 AM

I don't think so. The fans in Buffalo seem to have the numbers behind the hyphen confused with the number in front of the hyphen.

El Guapo
07-11-2010, 08:41 PM
This will always happen. Buffalo has a stigma that is never going to be broken until we get some shiny new buildings and some tourism in the city proper.

A shiny ring on our team's finger will change things as far as players go.

Wolffman
07-11-2010, 09:34 PM
A shiny ring on our team's finger will change things as far as players go.

A new stadium and new facilities will make more of an impact on recruiting players.

trapezeus
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
i've never heard of this guy in my life until now. as a result i don't care. it's easy to mock buffalo if you've never been. i'd rather live in buffalo than miami. i like the roof on my house to last the full 15 years of the warranty. i don't like the insurance people to tell me that my hurrican insurance doesn't cover wind damage or flood damage. I like having 4 seasons. I like that the people of buffalo are a good lot and fairly friendly. I like that we have an us against them mentality. I like seeing some with a buffalo sports tshirt or hat anywhere in the world and know that they most likely are connected to the city, and can have a good conversation.

Miami's got dexter. that's about it.

shaunm000
07-15-2010, 02:46 PM

I wish all the rest of you snowbirds felt the same way!

better days
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I wish all the rest of you snowbirds felt the same way!

Tourist season can be a Bit*h. People from NYC/NJ are the rudest I have ever encountered........probably the rudest in the world........JMO.