PDA

View Full Version : Ruff excited to coach Rob Niedermayer again

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff was a guest on NHL Home Ice XM 204 and Sirius Best of XM Channel 208 this morning.

Lindy said that he's excited to work with Rob Niedermayer again,

"he was our first round pick in the fifth overall pick in 1993 and I was assistant coach with Florida at the time so I was in charge of him and Jovanovski (JovoCop). Rob scored a big goal for us in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1996 against Colorado in game three he gave us the second lead of the series and we went into the locker room up 2-1 but we couldn't hold the lead and lost the game".

where he will fit in on the Sabres

"I think we will use him on the third and fourth line you could put him on any line really, he's that type of player who will help the other players on the team. He logs alot of ice time and can take time off the clock. I haven't really started tinkering with the lines yet but we will try him on different lines when training camp arrives".

when asked if the Sabres are done with UFA

"You will have to talk to Darcy about that one"

DMBcrew36
07-09-2010, 04:06 PM
championship!

JD
07-09-2010, 09:36 PM
We can't be done..let's see, roy, poms, goose, kaleta, conolly, neid, hecht, Kennedy, ennis, trier, mccormick and staff.. not to mention gerbe waiting in the wings. Trade 3 of any of the above for someone that could steer this team deep in the playoffs

DMBcrew36
07-09-2010, 11:02 PM
We can't be done..let's see, roy, poms, goose, kaleta, conolly, neid, hecht, Kennedy, ennis, trier, mccormick and staff.. not to mention gerbe waiting in the wings. Trade 3 of any of the above for someone that could steer this team deep in the playoffs

Well HockeyLies&Crap.com says the Flames are talking to the Sabres about trading Roy for Regeher