X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Kelly roots for Edwards

Thought this was interesting since they have a "rift" of some kind.
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Kelly roots for Edwards

interesting. how could kelly call for trent to be replaced last yer and not think, "its the line and the system" then?

it makes me think that he really like tebow and really wanted to push his agenda through. and when it fell short, he was forced back to plan B, which is trent.

fair enough. i just can't deal with another craptacular year.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

He's like the 26yr old dude who still hangs out at HS parties.

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

To be fair Kelly's simply acting like every other Bills fan. Despite what we've seen before we all hope that Edwards can come out of his shell and be a good QB under Gailey, and if that doesn't happen we're praying for Brohm to be the answer.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
          He's like the 26yr old dude who still hangs out at HS parties.

no doubt. i wish he and Thurman Thomas would just STFU.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            no doubt. i wish he and Thurman Thomas would just STFU.
            Agreed. They know about as much as I do.

I realize it's the off-season and news filler is the norm. I don't take anything they say to be credible.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i feel like it's nice to have them say stuff to show the ownership that we are frustrated. to have them angry too is helpful for us averge fans.

Comment

• Cleve
                • Oct 2004

Oboy - face-palm moment for Jim Kelly. 7 short months ago he told the media it's time for Edwards to move on - now Kelly is declaring Edwards should be given the starting QB position? Note that the article itself points this out about 3 paragraphs in..

Kelly, 50, has apparently changed his tune from last November when he told USA Today that while he admires Edwards, he believed it was time for the team to move on.

And there's been zero games played during those 7 months. Does Kelly have any facts upon which to base this radical change of opine, or was he just lonely for the media limelight? Or maybe it was Edwards new 'Losman-lite' hair-cut/style?

Jeebus - what a G$#-D@#$ monkey-@##% this team is! Every thing about it is ridiculous - like a bad soap-opera
                Last edited by Cleve; 07-11-2010, 11:04 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Why do people get so upset when former players voice thier opinion? If you don't agree with it, ignore it! To say you know as much as HOFers is nuts. Talk about not being credible

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Novacane
                    Why do people get so upset when former players voice thier opinion? If you don't agree with it, ignore it! To say you know as much as HOFers is nuts. Talk about not being credible
                    TV is littered with former players that voice their opinions. It's in their blood. Why should they not "be allowed" to talk about the NFL or their former teams? I don't get it either.

What some people don't understand is that Jim Kelly is under contract with the Bills as an "official ambassador," whatever that means. Thurman Thomas has had his own show about the Bills.

These guys are huge Bills fans, and I don't think there is any age limit to be a football fan, is there?

In my mind, these guys will always be Bills. While they don't have crystal balls, I think they are knowledgeable enough about football to talk about it. Besides all that, Kelly lives in Buffalo, and people ask him these questions. How would it look if he refused to answer questions that reporters ask him? Is he supposed to say "no comment?" He follows the team and has an opinion. What's the problem?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Pretty simple here. Kelly wanted us to get a better QB and it didn't happen. So he's backing the best shot that we have to win games.

I do agree that Thurman and Kelly should just stay out of it because they have zero say in what happens.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Pretty simple here. Kelly wanted us to get a better QB and it didn't happen. So he's backing the best shot that we have to win games.

I do agree that Thurman and Kelly should just stay out of it because they have zero say in what happens.
                        Because they have zero say in what happens, they have a right to express their opinions as Bills fans.........IMO.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

you mean he roots for our defensive coordinator? well, i should hope so.
                          Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Unlike Trent Edwards...Jim Kelly is a fan of the Buffalo Bills. I have no problem with him making comments on the team. I actually love how much Kelly, Thomas and the former Bills want to stay involved with the team. Even if they just live in Buffalo and cheer for the team...it's nice to still see that passion.

Having said that...I think Kelly wanted the BIlls to draft a QB and seeing how they didnt get one of the guys he wanted...he will throw his support behind the guy with the most experience, the veteran. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                              ....formerly OhBF
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Kelly wanted Tebow, if I recall, and we passed on him, and Clausen, and McCoy.......
                              Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                              own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X