PDA

View Full Version : Forked : Defense will hold us back this year

justasportsfan
07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
“I think the players have adapted really well,” said Gailey. “We have people that fit the defense and it’s worked out with the additions we made, we’ve really strengthened our football team for the 3-4 defense. And I think they have a great understanding of the defense right now. It’s not easy. They still have to work at it, but I think they’ve adjusted very well.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/16---Which-unit-will-adapt-to-the-3-4-the-fastest/fe2263b3-6087-4044-a743-dcbed0b3d719

psubills62
07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm going to have to say the secondary. Despite playing more man-to-man, which a lot of people seem concerned about, I think they'll pick up on it fairly quickly. We've got a deep roster in the secondary, and it went pretty much unchanged in the offseason except McKelvin was added back. The DL will be the next quickest group to transition, then finally the LB's. I think our ILB's will be fine, but the OLB's may take a little while.

bflojohn
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
As a unit, the DLine is the target point for 1st year struggles IMO! Kyle Williams will play his best every Sunday, but taking on two or three Olinemen constantly could lead to a poor second half of the season. The same goes for Torell Troup in this scheme, as he is being asked to provide a lot of capable play early and often! Carrington, as a rookie, will have his ups and downs too, and nobody really knows how well Marcus Stroud will perform in this defense. The linebacking should take to this defense well, as its designed to make the LB's produce sacks and stops (run stops) and initially flow to the action (point of attack). The secondary will play exactly what ALL defensive backs in this league think they can play, man-to-man coverage. Feast or famine here, depending on pass rush and the frequency of stops against the run. The secondary might very well be the whipping boys come the offseason next year due to the need for this "D" to mature quickly! Hope springs eternal!! GO BILLS!!