15 - Will Bills average more than 21 points per game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

15 - Will Bills average more than 21 points per game?

Chris Brown actually asked this question....I think he needs to lay off the gange...I just hope they score over 21 in a couple of games.

Every summer leading up to training camp Buffalobills.com asks 25 of the most pressing questions facing the team as they make their final preparations for the upcoming regular season. With a new regime and practices at St. John Fisher fast approaching, here is the latest installment as we closely examine some of the answers the Buffalo Bills have to come up with between July 28th and Sept. 12th

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: 15 - Will Bills average more than 21 points per game?

Spiller the Thriller will get 21 a game all by himself.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

hell of an article. he doesn't bother to tell us what our average points were last year so that we can wonder how far we have to go.

Yes i could go calculate it, but that seems like a lot of work at this hour.

Comment

• JCBills
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
        hell of an article. he doesn't bother to tell us what our average points were last year so that we can wonder how far we have to go.

16.1 PPG. 28th in the league.

Comment

• THRILLHO
          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
          • Feb 2009

16.1 PPG, 28th in the leauge. To expect a jump of 4.9 ppg is pretty significant. We have added a RB, lost 2 WR (yes, we drafted Easley), and done nothing to help the O-line to get better, except get healthy, which is a big help really.

ESPN is the place for NFL stats! Find a list of the Offense Total team stat leaders for the 2023 NFL Regular Season.
          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

16.1 PPG is what we scored last year.

No need to calculate, just look at nfl.com's stats.

Honestly, I don't think this will be a great offense, but I have confidence that it will improve under Gailey. As we've discussed before, except for one or two outliers, Jauron's offenses have historically been AWFUL. Gailey's have been far from awful, and he's gotten good performances out of guys like Fiedler and Thigpen. Considering what Gailey's done for those guys, I'm intrigued to see what he's can do with Edwards.

We also weren't a bad running team last year, even though we had 20000 injuries on the OL. That's obviously the strength of the offense, and even more so now with Spiller in the fold. If the OL can stay healthy for the most part, I could see the offense improving to about 19 or 20 points a game.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Spiller can score 21 points in his sleep.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

17 ppg this year is my guess.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

We can analyze data, dissect numbers and study stats to the point of paralysis by analysis.

But the great part of being a sports fan is the unpredictability. None of us really has a clue as to how this team will perform with better coaching, new and/or healthy players and new schemes.

Look at the turnaround of the Dolphins a couple of seasons ago, and similar turnarounds in many other sports.

Why not with the Bills?
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

the why not rests on the fact that the bills offense and defense last year hurt your teeth. The dolphins in their quick turnaround still had a capable defense to rely on. Gailey has his work cut out for him. We're still left in prayer mode, which is exactly where were were in the 2001-2009 seasons.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

what scares me about the fins is Mike Nolan as their DC.

He turned Shanahans 29th ranked D to 7th all in one season.

He could have the same impact Greghead had with the saints.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-14-2010, 12:14 PM.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

the why not rests on the fact that the bills offense and defense last year hurt your teeth. The dolphins in their quick turnaround still had a capable defense to rely on. Gailey has his work cut out for him. We're still left in prayer mode, which is exactly where were were in the 2001-2009 seasons.
                        We are in prayer mode, no doubt. But with Jauron gone, at least we have a prayer.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                          We are in prayer mode, no doubt. But with Jauron gone, at least we have a prayer.

Don't tell that to FTY.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            what scares me about the fins is Mike Nolan as their DC.

He turned Shanahans 29th ranked D to 7th all in one season.

He could have the same impact Greghead had with the saints.
                            I agree about Nolan. I would have loved to have hired him for Buffalo. I'll be interested to see what he does for Miami.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Griff
                              • Jul 2008

lol I'd be happy with 18ppg, as that would be a step in the right direction

Comment

Working...
                              X