• Jul 2008

Bills are off to quick start at the gate

Bills are off to quick start at the gate
    Two sellouts already, and few seats left for Jets

By Mark Gaughan
    NEWS SPORTS REPORTER
    Updated: July 14, 2010, 9:41 am / 6 comments
    Published: July 14, 2010, 12:20 am

The Buffalo Bills are off to a good start on ticket sales, even though they are off last year's wild sales pace.

The team revealed Tuesday it has two home games sold out and a third is close to a sellout. That news came on the very first day that individual-game tickets went on sale to the general public.

Tickets are gone for the home-opener against Miami on Sept. 12 and the Week 12 game against Pittsburgh on Nov. 28. The game against the New York Jets on Oct. 3 has only limited tickets available, the team said.

That's pretty good news for a franchise that missed the playoffs for a 10th straight season in 2009 and raised ticket prices by an average of 15.5 percent this year. The Bills also have not made any blockbuster moves since last year, despite the fact they overhauled their football operation by hiring General Manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey.

The Bills' season-ticket total of 55,308 last year was their third best ever.

"Season-ticket sales are pacing below where we were the last two years," said Russ Brandon, Bills chief executive officer. "But we're also mindful of the fact that we're coming off of two record-setting years. Having three games essentially off the books right now is positive, but we also have a lot of work to do with the remaining four games on the schedule."

Coupled with sales of 56,011 in 2008, last year was the first time in franchise history the total topped 55,000 in back-to-back years.

Brandon would not offer any clue on how much sales were down. However, it's believed the team will have a hard time hitting the 50,000 mark this year. That's a mark the Bills have hit seven times in 37 years in Orchard Park.

Go to the site for more....

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills are off to quick start at the gate

Stupid fans and their blind faith.

How dare they enjoy themselves.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DBrown77
      Watching the Bills suck since 1999
      • Mar 2005

The Buffalo Bills sold a team-record 56,011 season tickets in 2008, and declined only slightly to about 55,000 in 2009.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
        Stupid fans and their blind faith.

How dare they enjoy themselves.
        Seriously how dare I have 7 amazingly fun times this year!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Leave it to these a-holes to turn a positive story into something negative.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Lets see..

Miami game: Everyone wants to go to home opener, when its hot out and the weather's nice. Being that it is the Dolphins certainly helps.

Steelers game: Steelers fans have been circling the game on their calendars since the schedule was announced. Its sellout was expected.

We'll see how fast they sell-out the rest of em.
            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I was trying really hard to get there to watch the phins game live, only because I love this team, win or lose, it is my team, and these are my colors. I guess I have to keep screaming to my damn TV for at least one more year.... Go Bills, Go Buffalo!!!!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                Lets see..

Miami game: Everyone wants to go to home opener, when its hot out and the weather's nice. Being that it is the Dolphins certainly helps.

Steelers game: Steelers fans have been circling the game on their calendars since the schedule was announced. Its sellout was expected.

We'll see how fast they sell-out the rest of em.
                They may not sell out fast, but they will sell out. The Jags & Lions games will be the toughest to sell in my opinion, but the weather should be good for the Jags so it should sell out.

If the Bills show ANYTHING like they are headed in the right direction, then the Lions will sell out as well.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Bills vs. Steelers game is the day after my birthday... I'll be damned if I don't go to that game. Gah I hate living in Pittsburgh...
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Wow, that is one of the most spun stories I have ever read. That site should seriously be ashamed of themselves...terrible job of reporting on an item that wasn't negative and then turning it into something negative. What an f'n joke.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I thought just the opposite- the original article put a positive spin on reduced ticket sales.

Season tix sales are down. The only two games that have completely sold out are the opener, which always sells out and is against our biggest rival, and the game against a team that plays 4 hours away and will likely be loaded with Steelers fans.

Sales are way off pace from last year at this time. Expect a couple of blackouts.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I thought just the opposite- the original article put a positive spin on reduced ticket sales.

Season tix sales are down. The only two games that have completely sold out are the opener, which always sells out and is against our biggest rival, and the game against a team that plays 4 hours away and will likely be loaded with Steelers fans.

Sales are way off pace from last year at this time. Expect a couple of blackouts.
                        It's mid-July, individual game tix just went on sale, and 2 games are already sold out and a 3rd has only limited seats available. And while season ticket sales are down, I believe the article said that group and luxury box sales are good, if not up.

But it's Bills' news, so it must be negative.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

It's mid-July, individual game tix just went on sale, and 2 games are already sold out and a 3rd has only limited seats available. And while season ticket sales are down, I believe the article said that group and luxury box sales are good, if not up.

Tickets sales will go through the roof once Spiller scores his 1st TD in preseason.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Well, the sales are slower than last year's pace and slower than a good portion of the rest of the NFL. So, taken in a vacuum, you can view this news as positive. When you compare it to previous seasons and to other teams, it's actually negative.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Seriously how dare I have 7 amazingly fun times this year!!!
                              How can you have fun when your team is losing? You're not a true fan. You should be miserable.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X