homeslice5484
07-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Bills are off to quick start at the gate
Two sellouts already, and few seats left for Jets

By Mark Gaughan
NEWS SPORTS REPORTER
Updated: July 14, 2010, 9:41 am / 6 comments
Published: July 14, 2010, 12:20 am

The Buffalo Bills are off to a good start on ticket sales, even though they are off last year's wild sales pace.

The team revealed Tuesday it has two home games sold out and a third is close to a sellout. That news came on the very first day that individual-game tickets went on sale to the general public.

Tickets are gone for the home-opener against Miami on Sept. 12 and the Week 12 game against Pittsburgh on Nov. 28. The game against the New York Jets on Oct. 3 has only limited tickets available, the team said.

That's pretty good news for a franchise that missed the playoffs for a 10th straight season in 2009 and raised ticket prices by an average of 15.5 percent this year. The Bills also have not made any blockbuster moves since last year, despite the fact they overhauled their football operation by hiring General Manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey.

The Bills' season-ticket total of 55,308 last year was their third best ever.

"Season-ticket sales are pacing below where we were the last two years," said Russ Brandon, Bills chief executive officer. "But we're also mindful of the fact that we're coming off of two record-setting years. Having three games essentially off the books right now is positive, but we also have a lot of work to do with the remaining four games on the schedule."

Coupled with sales of 56,011 in 2008, last year was the first time in franchise history the total topped 55,000 in back-to-back years.

Brandon would not offer any clue on how much sales were down. However, it's believed the team will have a hard time hitting the 50,000 mark this year. That's a mark the Bills have hit seven times in 37 years in Orchard Park.

Go to the site for more....

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/07/14/1112217/bills-are-off-to-quick-start-at.html

Night Train
07-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Stupid fans and their blind faith.

How dare they enjoy themselves. :rolleyes:

DBrown77
07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/14/bills-have-a-lot-of-work-to-do-on-ticket-sales/

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Stupid fans and their blind faith.

How dare they enjoy themselves. :rolleyes:
Seriously how dare I have 7 amazingly fun times this year!!!

Jan Reimers
07-14-2010, 10:16 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/14/bills-have-a-lot-of-work-to-do-on-ticket-sales/
Leave it to these a-holes to turn a positive story into something negative.

DMBcrew36
07-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Lets see..

Miami game: Everyone wants to go to home opener, when its hot out and the weather's nice. Being that it is the Dolphins certainly helps.

Steelers game: Steelers fans have been circling the game on their calendars since the schedule was announced. Its sellout was expected.

We'll see how fast they sell-out the rest of em.

The last buffalo fan
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM

I was trying really hard to get there to watch the phins game live, only because I love this team, win or lose, it is my team, and these are my colors. I guess I have to keep screaming to my damn TV for at least one more year.... Go Bills, Go Buffalo!!!! :squish:

better days
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Lets see..

Miami game: Everyone wants to go to home opener, when its hot out and the weather's nice. Being that it is the Dolphins certainly helps.

Steelers game: Steelers fans have been circling the game on their calendars since the schedule was announced. Its sellout was expected.

We'll see how fast they sell-out the rest of em.

They may not sell out fast, but they will sell out. The Jags & Lions games will be the toughest to sell in my opinion, but the weather should be good for the Jags so it should sell out.

If the Bills show ANYTHING like they are headed in the right direction, then the Lions will sell out as well.

ServoBillieves
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Bills vs. Steelers game is the day after my birthday... I'll be damned if I don't go to that game. Gah I hate living in Pittsburgh...

Nighthawk
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM

Wow, that is one of the most spun stories I have ever read. That site should seriously be ashamed of themselves...terrible job of reporting on an item that wasn't negative and then turning it into something negative. What an f'n joke.

OpIv37
07-14-2010, 12:07 PM

I thought just the opposite- the original article put a positive spin on reduced ticket sales.

Season tix sales are down. The only two games that have completely sold out are the opener, which always sells out and is against our biggest rival, and the game against a team that plays 4 hours away and will likely be loaded with Steelers fans.

Sales are way off pace from last year at this time. Expect a couple of blackouts.

Jan Reimers
07-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I thought just the opposite- the original article put a positive spin on reduced ticket sales.

Season tix sales are down. The only two games that have completely sold out are the opener, which always sells out and is against our biggest rival, and the game against a team that plays 4 hours away and will likely be loaded with Steelers fans.

Sales are way off pace from last year at this time. Expect a couple of blackouts.
It's mid-July, individual game tix just went on sale, and 2 games are already sold out and a 3rd has only limited seats available. And while season ticket sales are down, I believe the article said that group and luxury box sales are good, if not up.

But it's Bills' news, so it must be negative.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
It's mid-July, individual game tix just went on sale, and 2 games are already sold out and a 3rd has only limited seats available. And while season ticket sales are down, I believe the article said that group and luxury box sales are good, if not up.

Tickets sales will go through the roof once Spiller scores his 1st TD in preseason.

OpIv37
07-14-2010, 12:17 PM

Well, the sales are slower than last year's pace and slower than a good portion of the rest of the NFL. So, taken in a vacuum, you can view this news as positive. When you compare it to previous seasons and to other teams, it's actually negative.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Seriously how dare I have 7 amazingly fun times this year!!!

How can you have fun when your team is losing? You're not a true fan. You should be miserable.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Well, the sales are slower than last year's pace and slower than a good portion of the rest of the NFL. So, taken in a vacuum, you can view this news as positive. When you compare it to previous seasons and to other teams, it's actually negative.

your logic, what happened in past years should have the same realistic outcome this year.

Well?

OpIv37
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
How can you have fun when your team is losing? You're not a true fan. You should be miserable.

The pre-game tailgates are always fun.

Then we go into the game, the team loses, we leave pissed, cold, wet and usually drunk, then we have to fight the traffic to get out of the stadium.

I don't know why the Bills insist on ruining perfectly good tailgate parties with football games.

OpIv37
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
your logic, what happened in passed years should have the same realistic outcome this year.

Well?

What happened in past years is that there were more season ticket sales and the individual tickets sold faster. So, once again, you are trying to make things black and white and apply one statement universally rather than looking at each situation individually.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 12:24 PM
What happened in past years is that there were more season ticket sales and the individual tickets sold faster. So, once again, you are trying to make things black and white and apply one statement universally rather than looking at each situation individually.

lol. Na, what happened in the past in this case leads me to think, I shouldn't worry about blackouts. I'm being REALISTIC when I think that Bills fans will pull through. But hey, thats a positive thing so obviously you're going to disagree. Based on past actions , you're not being realistic.

OpIv37
07-14-2010, 12:27 PM
lol. Na, what happened in the past in this case leads me to think, I shouldn't worry about blackouts. I'm being REALISTIC when I think that Bills fans will pull through. But hey, thats a positive thing so obviously you're going to disagree. Based on past actions , you're not being realistic.

not taking the bait this time either....

I'm out of market so it doesn't affect me anyway.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 12:31 PM
not taking the bait this time either....

I'm out of market so it doesn't affect me anyway.
I'm not baiting you. Just using your own logic ;)

DMBcrew36
07-14-2010, 12:32 PM

As they should be. The Bills have been an absolute joke for a decade now.

OpIv37
07-14-2010, 01:27 PM
As they should be. The Bills have been an absolute joke for a decade now.

The old Buffalo Catch-22.

If we buy tickets and jerseys, Ralph makes money and has no motivation to put a better product on the field.

If we don't buy tickets and jerseys because we don't want to support an inferior product, Ralph can claim he has no support in Buffalo and use it as an excuse to move the team.

Jan Reimers
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
The article says that season ticket sales are down, but individual and group sales are pacing ABOVE last year. How this translates to "sales are way off pace" escapes me.

OpIv37
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
The article says that season ticket sales are down, but individual and group sales are pacing ABOVE last year. How this translates to "sales are way off pace" escapes me.

But season ticket sales are down, so at best it's a wash.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
But season ticket sales are down, so at best it's a wash.

So it would be unrealistic to expect 2 blackouts ?

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
So it would be unrealistic to expect 2 blackouts ?
I could see a couple at the end of the year if they really suck balls.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I could see a couple at the end of the year if they really suck balls.

"IF"