PDA

View Full Version : Most HeartBroken City in America

Zero
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Often times ESPN and other sports media outlets have compiled lists for the most "snake bitten" city, region or franchise. Although I am from NYC but a fan of the both the Bills and Sabres, I have know a thing or two about misfortune and heartbreak ( as well as many of you). "No Goal", "Music City Miracle", "Wide Right", countless Monday Night debacles, and many, many more. Too many to name really.

Frequently you could make a case for two cities being at the very top of this list: Buffalo and Cleveland. Aside from both cities being located on the shores of Lake Erie, the commanality between the two has definately been heatbreak. A Clevelander could quickly compile a list of misfortunes to rival that of Buffalo's.

But after the fiasco that was LeBron James' "The Decision" on last thursday on ESPN, ripping the heart out of the city of Cleveland while the entire sports nation watched, it is my belief that Cleveland's status as THE MOST heartbroken city in America was cemented.

justasportsfan
07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Nothing beats 4 straight losses.

The last buffalo fan
07-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Nothing beats 4 straight losses..

Amen! :ill:

Jan Reimers
07-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Cleveland's teams are every bit as pathetic as ours, with the Browns never having been to a Super Bowl (despite their success in the mid-40s through the mid-60s) and the Indians not winning a World Series since 1948. Now the Cavs probably won't be winning a championship anytime soon, either.

But if I were a Cav's fan, I'd be happy to see that arrogant ***** go.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-14-2010, 11:55 AM
A player spends seven years somewhere and he becomes a FA, he has the right to leave, get over it Cleveland.

elltrain22
07-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Nothing beats 4 straight losses.

and the music city miracle & brett hull's skate in the crease....

seanbillsfan
07-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I have friends in Cleveland and we often argue about this. There really isn't a wrong answer but as a diehard Buffalo fan I have to say we are the winner in that category.

The last buffalo fan
07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I have friends in Cleveland and we often argue about this. There really isn't a wrong answer but as a diehard Buffalo fan I have to say we are the winner in that category.

You are wrong, we are the Buffalo Bills, we can't win!

Electrici
07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
4 straight superbowl losses are incomprehensible to anyone that isn't from Buffalo or a fan of the Bills. It was a one of a kind scenario and will never happen again.

ServoBillieves
07-15-2010, 01:08 AM
6-3 Browns... Cowboys MNF loss.... Yeah, the Browns at least had a 10-6 team in the past 10 years, but losing one person who had SO MUCH DAMN TALENT AROUND HIM AND COULDN'T WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP is NOTHING compared to what Bills/Sabres/Braves fans have faced over the years...

... Fury rages within my Billified heart...

jamze132
07-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Buffalo in a landslide.

Mr. Pink
07-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Minnesota is up there also.

The Vikings who also have lost 4 superbowls, had the greatest offense in the history of the NFL until the Pats and lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship game a little over a decade ago.

Lost the North Stars and now have an irrelevant hockey team.

The Timberwolves who are irrelevant.

Their only saving grace is their small market baseball team has won a couple of pennants.

Ron Burgundy
07-15-2010, 02:28 PM
I can't speak for Buffalo, as I've only been there once, but Cleveland also has the misfortune of being one of the more completely ****ty cities to live in the entire country.

G Wolly
07-15-2010, 06:08 PM
A player spends seven years somewhere and he becomes a FA, he has the right to leave, get over it Cleveland.

No **** man.

7 years with nothing to show for it. Why stay on a team where you're almost guaranteed not to win a championship.

Historian
07-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Cleveland's teams are every bit as pathetic as ours, with the Browns never having been to a Super Bowl (despite their success in the mid-40s through the mid-60s) and the Indians not winning a World Series since 1948. Now the Cavs probably won't be winning a championship anytime soon, either.

But if I were a Cav's fan, I'd be happy to see that arrogant ***** go.

Ironic that we got the Braves and Sabres, they got the Cavs and Barons.

They lost their hockey team, and we lost our basketball team.

We lost four straight, but they last two AFC title games they should have won to the same team.

And Ohio is just plain more sucky than here.

theanswer74
07-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Buffalo cant compete with losing an NFL team and then having that same team win a Super Bowl a few years later.

THRILLHO
07-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Buffalo had its heart broken 4 times in a row, Cleveland has never had the opprotunity to have its heart broken.

Buffalo is the dorky guy that asked 4 girls to prom, and got shot down each time. Cleveland is the shut in brother that asked 0 girls to prom.

theanswer74
07-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Buffalo had its heart broken 4 times in a row, Cleveland has never had the opprotunity to have its heart broken.

Buffalo is the dorky guy that asked 4 girls to prom, and got shot down each time. Cleveland is the shut in brother that asked 0 girls to prom.
I still think having your team move in 1996 season, then to watch the 2000 Ravens win the Super Bowl is worse then all 4 Super Bowl loses and no goal combined.