Will special teams have a different approach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Will special teams have a different approach?

"I’m probably a little more conservative in my approach than some special team coaches. You’re probably not going to see a whole lot of onsides kicks and wild reverses and fakes and that kind of thing as you would some other coaches in the league.”

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Will special teams have a different approach?

All I really care about is that none of his coverage guys bite on a Homerun Throwup play again.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THRILLHO
      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      "I’m probably a little more conservative in my approach than some special team coaches. You’re probably not going to see a whole lot of onsides kicks and wild reverses and fakes and that kind of thing as you would some other coaches in the league.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...8-6a6a347539a5
      The reason we liked those gadget and fake plays is because watching the rest of the game was painful. It gave us something to cheer for, and something cool to watch. Hopefully, the team is talented enough to atleast put up a good fight and maybe win a few games so we wont miss the gadget plays.

Even though I do love watching Moorman throw TDs.....
      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by hey2abills

Me too. He has been my punter in a FFL the last two years and getting a TD from a punter is great bonus!
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

we had a better chance at moving the ball and scoring with our special teams than our offense under Dick. Sad.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by hey2abills
            The reason we liked those gadget and fake plays is because watching the rest of the game was painful. It gave us something to cheer for, and something cool to watch. Hopefully, the team is talented enough to atleast put up a good fight and maybe win a few games so we wont miss the gadget plays.

you nailed it.

2009 bills - boring offense, bending and dying defense. one exciting ST play every 3 games. Top rated ST.

1990 bills - high powered offense, at times dominant defenses, ST Al Edwards pretty much fell forward on punt returns, and kickoffs were returned on average of 14 yards...i can't remember a kickoff return for a touchdown with the exception of one by steve tasker from my childhood. ST wasn't highly rated, but capable.

So the question becomes, "Which ST would you rather have?" the 2009 top rated unit, or a unit that bridges the gap between capable offense and defense?

I think we all pick the same thing.

and yes, Jan, if we get burned on a ridiculous play by another team, i will lose my mind.

Comment

Working...
            X