PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Prospect: Tropp, and his dirty antic

JD
07-16-2010, 11:39 AM
After their teammate gets taken down, two state players attack the hitter. The second player who comes in is our prospect, Tropp.

Quick history on the guy that gets the beat down... he is basically fresh off IR after healing from multiple skull fractures.

Tropp comes in and takes a golf swing to the guys head while he's lying face down, imobile. Classy. We really are starting a circus show with these clowns.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zslb7M83YIU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zslb7M83YIU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DMBcrew36
07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
meh **** happens man... players do dirty things.. at least he's wearing a cage

i'm not saying what he did is 'ok' by any means, but a lot of Sabres fans ***** and moan that they think Sabres players don't care enough. Well here we have a kid who obviously has a lot of passion. Obviously something happened earlier in the game, or in a previous game, and the score looks like its 5-1. It certainly looks like he has a temper, and he let emotion get the best of him. Sabres fans want more emotion? Well here ya go.

But in a nutshell: I'm not willing to make much of a deal over the incident.

The Spaz
07-16-2010, 12:22 PM
"We really are starting a circus show with these clowns."

What are you talking about?

RockStar36
07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
This is a perfect example of the Sabres not being able to do anything right.

Either they are too soft or they are starting a circus show with these clowns.

OpIv37
07-16-2010, 12:26 PM
This is a perfect example of the Sabres not being able to do anything right.

Either they are too soft or they are starting a circus show with these clowns.

there has to be a happy medium between the softies we have now and taking a golf swing at the head of a prone player.

No one complains about Kaleta, even though we'd hate him if he played for Boston or Ottawa.

RockStar36
07-16-2010, 12:32 PM
there has to be a happy medium between the softies we have now and taking a golf swing at the head of a prone player.

No one complains about Kaleta, even though we'd hate him if he played for Boston or Ottawa.

True.

We also know nothing of this guy and I doubt this Youtube video tells the entire story.

DMBcrew36
07-16-2010, 12:39 PM
True.

We also know nothing of this guy and I doubt this Youtube video tells the entire story.

Exactly. No one knows the context of the incident.

User Manuel
07-16-2010, 12:42 PM
We signed Conboy today as well. frankly, what they did is irrelevant....stuff happens. If you look at Tropps career this is hardly indicative of him being a "clown." Whatever.

DMBcrew36
07-16-2010, 12:51 PM
cue the "there's a double-standard. If he wasn't our prospect we would be talking tons of **** about him"

not

trapezeus
07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
i can't see the video from work, so i can't comment on that.

I've never heard of this guy and just cause he's in our system, doesn't mean he's even close to seeing 2 minutes in a sabres uni.

As for goons vs. grist, i don't think the team needs goons. they need a guy to go to the corner and get cross checked 9 times in the corner, but still come out with the puck to make a play.

They need a guy who will facewash every player who sprays miller or crashes into miller. We don't need a lumberjack killing a guy because he's aggressive in the crease.

DMBcrew36
07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
i can't see the video from work, so i can't comment on that.

I've never heard of this guy and just cause he's in our system, doesn't mean he's even close to seeing 2 minutes in a sabres uni.

As for goons vs. grist, i don't think the team needs goons. they need a guy to go to the corner and get cross checked 9 times in the corner, but still come out with the puck to make a play.

They need a guy who will facewash every player who sprays miller or crashes into miller. We don't need a lumberjack killing a guy because he's aggressive in the crease.

Essentially, we need a Dustin Byfuglien

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Tropp is a scumbag, that is one of the cheapest hits ever. If his name is Marty McSorley everyone says he is a dirty player, they are the same cheap shot. Hopefully he learns from it and it is kind of weird the Sabres signed Conboy today. Kassian's hit wasn't exactly the cheapest shot in the world, cheap, but not as bad.

JD
07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Exactly. No one knows the context of the incident.
What else is there to know? He slashed a guy in the ****ing head when he was lying down unconcious.

JD
07-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Tropp is a scumbag, that is one of the cheapest hits ever. If his name is Marty McSorley everyone says he is a dirty player, they are the same cheap shot. Hopefully he learns from it and it is kind of weird the Sabres signed Conboy today. Kassian's hit wasn't exactly the cheapest shot in the world, cheap, but not as bad.

Its a different Conboy in the video.. thats how I came across this video.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Its a different Conboy in the video.. thats how I came across this video.

It is? That is funny.

JD
07-16-2010, 09:12 PM
It is? That is funny.
This Conboy is probably 5 years younger

EDIT:

Found this over at HF:

Tim is Andrew Conboy's older brother. Andrew was "the other Spartan" involved in Tropp's sophomore year suspension incident with Steve Kampfer. I wonder how Corey feels about having a reminder of that incident around.