• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Sabres Prospect: Tropp, and his dirty antic

After their teammate gets taken down, two state players attack the hitter. The second player who comes in is our prospect, Tropp.

Quick history on the guy that gets the beat down... he is basically fresh off IR after healing from multiple skull fractures.

Tropp comes in and takes a golf swing to the guys head while he's lying face down, imobile. Classy. We really are starting a circus show with these clowns.

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Sabres Prospect: Tropp, and his dirty antic

meh **** happens man... players do dirty things.. at least he's wearing a cage

i'm not saying what he did is 'ok' by any means, but a lot of Sabres fans ***** and moan that they think Sabres players don't care enough. Well here we have a kid who obviously has a lot of passion. Obviously something happened earlier in the game, or in a previous game, and the score looks like its 5-1. It certainly looks like he has a temper, and he let emotion get the best of him. Sabres fans want more emotion? Well here ya go.

But in a nutshell: I'm not willing to make much of a deal over the incident.
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 07-16-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

"We really are starting a circus show with these clowns."

What are you talking about?

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

This is a perfect example of the Sabres not being able to do anything right.

Either they are too soft or they are starting a circus show with these clowns.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
          This is a perfect example of the Sabres not being able to do anything right.

Either they are too soft or they are starting a circus show with these clowns.
          there has to be a happy medium between the softies we have now and taking a golf swing at the head of a prone player.

No one complains about Kaleta, even though we'd hate him if he played for Boston or Ottawa.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            there has to be a happy medium between the softies we have now and taking a golf swing at the head of a prone player.

No one complains about Kaleta, even though we'd hate him if he played for Boston or Ottawa.
            True.

We also know nothing of this guy and I doubt this Youtube video tells the entire story.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
              True.

We also know nothing of this guy and I doubt this Youtube video tells the entire story.
              Exactly. No one knows the context of the incident.

Comment

• User Manuel
                The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                • Nov 2003

We signed Conboy today as well. frankly, what they did is irrelevant....stuff happens. If you look at Tropps career this is hardly indicative of him being a "clown." Whatever.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

cue the "there's a double-standard. If he wasn't our prospect we would be talking tons of **** about him"

not

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i can't see the video from work, so i can't comment on that.

I've never heard of this guy and just cause he's in our system, doesn't mean he's even close to seeing 2 minutes in a sabres uni.

As for goons vs. grist, i don't think the team needs goons. they need a guy to go to the corner and get cross checked 9 times in the corner, but still come out with the puck to make a play.

They need a guy who will facewash every player who sprays miller or crashes into miller. We don't need a lumberjack killing a guy because he's aggressive in the crease.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      i can't see the video from work, so i can't comment on that.

I've never heard of this guy and just cause he's in our system, doesn't mean he's even close to seeing 2 minutes in a sabres uni.

As for goons vs. grist, i don't think the team needs goons. they need a guy to go to the corner and get cross checked 9 times in the corner, but still come out with the puck to make a play.

They need a guy who will facewash every player who sprays miller or crashes into miller. We don't need a lumberjack killing a guy because he's aggressive in the crease.
                      Essentially, we need a Dustin Byfuglien
                      Last edited by DMBcrew36; 07-16-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

Tropp is a scumbag, that is one of the cheapest hits ever. If his name is Marty McSorley everyone says he is a dirty player, they are the same cheap shot. Hopefully he learns from it and it is kind of weird the Sabres signed Conboy today. Kassian's hit wasn't exactly the cheapest shot in the world, cheap, but not as bad.
                        Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 07-16-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                          Exactly. No one knows the context of the incident.
                          What else is there to know? He slashed a guy in the ****ing head when he was lying down unconcious.
                          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            Tropp is a scumbag, that is one of the cheapest hits ever. If his name is Marty McSorley everyone says he is a dirty player, they are the same cheap shot. Hopefully he learns from it and it is kind of weird the Sabres signed Conboy today. Kassian's hit wasn't exactly the cheapest shot in the world, cheap, but not as bad.
                            Its a different Conboy in the video.. thats how I came across this video.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                              Its a different Conboy in the video.. thats how I came across this video.
                              It is? That is funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X