X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Gailey is no Jauron!

I have done alot of reading on Gailey and it at least appears that he can run an offense.

If he picks Fitz or Brohm I have enough faith that it will be the best player for the team.

How bad was Jauron?? Awful. The fact that the QBs are talking about schemes to disguise upcoming plays is scary. The Pop Warner comments are totalyy justified!!!

I am actually excited that we have a guy who can run a real offense. Maybe we'll see some exciting football?
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Gailey is no Jauron!

What if he picks Edwards?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

My great grandmother could run a better offense than Jauron, and she's six foot under.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

jauron ran the team like it was a spa for women. no, gailey is no jauron.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          I have done alot of reading on Gailey and it at least appears that he can run an offense.

If he picks Fitz or Brohm I have enough faith that it will be the best player for the team.

How bad was Jauron?? Awful. The fact that the QBs are talking about schemes to disguise upcoming plays is scary. The Pop Warner comments are totalyy justified!!!

I am actually excited that we have a guy who can run a real offense. Maybe we'll see some exciting football?
          How did Jan Reimers get your password, HH?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

It doesn't matter what scheme you run when you don't have talented players to execute it.

People still point to the vanilla offense as being the problem but apparently don't realize that the players we have couldn't even do that properly.

Now, if they are truly being asked to do more, what do you think is gonna happen?

They can't run a vanilla offense but will be able to run a complex offense?

We all saw what those players did in an attempt to run the no huddle offense.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Hey, who is using HH's account without his permission?

The more time passes and the more we learn, Jauron was a disaster from the beginning. I had hoped that his time in Chicago would have made him realize that his desired simplistic offense (he was roundly criticized for his offenses/OC's in Chicago) wouldn't cut it, but apparently that wasn't the case. And guys like Schonert and Demeco Ryans have admitted that it was an easy/"Pop Warner" offense. Having a real OC will help the offense out immensely. I only wish that, outside of a proven QB, they had a proven #2 WR (like TO, who is available but likely not coming back).

As for defense, the Tampa-2 became passe almost as soon as the Bills adopted it. The reliance on smaller, quicker players, led to a lot of 4th quarter collapses, thanks in large part to an anemic offense. I can't see the run defense being worse this year, but I do know that the players won't be as worn-out come the 4th quarter and will be better able to withstand the pounding, while practicing and running a 3-4 will help the offense learn how to deal with it, if not cause problems for opposing teams (versus the Tampa-2).

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

I would love nothing better than to see this team come out and just shock people with their play.

Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5.

I would hope the Bills could make at least the jump from 6-10 to 8-8. Maybe even 9-7.

That would be a successful season record in my opinion.

Jauron's offense lost us quite a few games last season, maybe Gailey can get something out of the three garbage quarterbacks we have.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

HH, just the other day, you posted that everybody you've talked to in Atlanta hated Gailey. Now you're excited about him?

Comment

• El Guapo
                    • May 2007

A vanilla offense works, if you have the players (i.e. talent) with which to run it. The beauty of having great players is stepping up to the line and running a play the defense knows you are going to run, and then executing the play with positive results. It's easy, relatively speaking, to coach an offense like that.

A great OC will know his team's weak points and strengths and game plan around that. He must also take into account the strengths and weaknesses of the team he is playing that week. This is where I hope Gailey does a better job (actually, I don't think he could do worse). But, do we have so many weak points we can't compensate with schemes and play calling? That's the question I hope to see answered opening weekend.
                    A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                      HH, just the other day, you posted that everybody you've talked to in Atlanta hated Gailey. Now you're excited about him?
                      Him being hated in Atlanta is not my opinion. However, it's a fact that I posted.

It was in response to why he went so long without a job in the NFL and I speculated that maybe it was because of his stint with Georgia Tech and maybe teams viewed that negatively.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Chuck Knox came here in 1980 with a QB that was struggling (Joe Ferguson) and a brand new RB in Joe Cribbs. He had question marks at WR and I believe new players on defense.

We went to the playoffs that year when people were expecting 6-10.

Good coaches can do good work with crappy teams.

Bill Parcells coached a Dallas team to the playoffs, I beleive in his first season, with a drug abused QB.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Knox actually came here in '78...He ended up drafting some solid players (Haslett, Smerlas) that were able to contribute significantly early, but also brought in some seasoned, proven vets (Villapiano, Robertson) and some decent players already on the roster (Freeman, Clark, Greene, Nelson).
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Eric E
                            A vanilla offense works, if you have the players (i.e. talent) with which to run it. The beauty of having great players is stepping up to the line and running a play the defense knows you are going to run, and then executing the play with positive results. It's easy, relatively speaking, to coach an offense like that.

A great OC will know his team's weak points and strengths and game plan around that. He must also take into account the strengths and weaknesses of the team he is playing that week. This is where I hope Gailey does a better job (actually, I don't think he could do worse). But, do we have so many weak points we can't compensate with schemes and play calling? That's the question I hope to see answered opening weekend.
                            I can assure you that no team (that is successful) uses a vanilla offense. The more disguising, if not trickery, you use, the more successful you are.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                              Knox actually came here in '78...He ended up drafting some solid players (Haslett, Smerlas) that were able to contribute significantly early, but also brought in some seasoned, proven vets (Villapiano, Robertson) and some decent players already on the roster (Freeman, Clark, Greene, Nelson).
                              You are correct. Didn't mean to imply that was his first year.

Comment

Working...
                              X