X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Who will line up next to Poz?

Interesting. Seems like Poz is penciled in as a starter while Davis is competing for the spot beside POZ?

With Posluszny likely to hold down a spot on the inside, the competition is on for the player who will line up on the inside next to him.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Who will line up next to Poz?

It'll be Davis, with Mitchell rotating in.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
      Agreed, though Id love to see Moats beat out Mitchell.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Mitchell, if he could learn to tackle, might give Davis some competition. Hopefully, Moats will develop for the long term.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

i hope we see a big improvement in his play now that we have switched schemes. it didn't seem like he had enough speed to cover all that ground in the 4-3

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I agree. I just thought it was interesting that Chris would imply that even though POZ is still learning, he's already penciled in as the starter this early while Davis who knows the 3-4 is competing. I would have thought it would be the other way around.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I agree. I just thought it was interesting that Chris would imply that even though POZ is still learning, he's already penciled in as the starter this early while Davis who knows the 3-4 is competing. I would have thought it would be the other way around.
              I really think that Poz is a very good player, although he - like most of our good players - is often underappreciated by many Zoners.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• wmoz11
                • Sep 2008

The 3-4 and 4-3 are not that different where you make Poz compete for a spot. He's much too talented. Depending on your 3-4 scheme, you can make it look like a 4-3 the majority of the time, i.e., when you shift your rush LB to a 7 technique basically and keep him standing and then slide you linebackers toward that side.

People don't line-up in straight 3-4 positioning that you see in the play preview in Madden.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Well, they play different positions. Poz is by far the best Mike LB we have, while Davis and Mitchell are both better fits as the Ted.

Plus, I've thought from the very beginning that Davis was going to be brought in to be a mentor to whatever young ILB we picked in the later rounds. That turned out to be Moats. If Davis gets beaten out, he can still fill his role as mentor. Honestly, I'm a big fan of Moats' long-term potential at ILB. Having a guy with his pass-rush ability brings a lot of versatility to our defensive scheme. I'm really hoping Moats gets more and more playing time as the season goes on.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

with an extra linebacker, i think Poz becomes more versatile. he is disguised better and more likely to play a part at stopping the run and blitzing the QB.

the jauron defense had him in coverage as well as make up for a weak DL that didn't get pressure. Add to it that he didn't really have any support back there and you had a very difficult set up.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

it will be davis.. 100% for sure, next to poz.

i am pretty confident that Maybin, Poz, and Davis are set in stone. one of the young guys may be kelsay out.. im kind of excited to see kelsay play at OLB though to be honest.. he looks a little like bryce paup... not that i anticipate that kind of performance.. but just want to see how he does... i feel that way about a lot of guys actually
                      Last edited by Tatonka; 07-19-2010, 12:36 PM.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

as long as the rookies and signings can contribute to hold the line, then our glut of lb's can be mixed and matched to create some different packages.

if the DL is jsut as bad as last year, the defense will be just as bad as last year.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Davis will start, and call the shots.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I think Mitchell will ensure all the starters have a full bottle of G when they come off the field.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Poz isn't Patrick Willis or Jon Beason, but he is better than an ageing veteran retread like Davis. Poz is really the only thing close to a sure thing for the Bills linebacking corps.

Comment

Working...
                              X