PDA

View Full Version : Who will line up next to Poz?

justasportsfan
07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Interesting. Seems like Poz is penciled in as a starter while Davis is competing for the spot beside POZ?

With Posluszny likely to hold down a spot on the inside, the competition is on for the player who will line up on the inside next to him.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/10---Who-will-line-up-next-to-Poz/973fda87-f6b8-4759-8b73-103facece4a5

psubills62
07-19-2010, 10:41 AM
It'll be Davis, with Mitchell rotating in.

DraftBoy
07-19-2010, 10:45 AM

Agreed, though Id love to see Moats beat out Mitchell.

Jan Reimers
07-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Mitchell, if he could learn to tackle, might give Davis some competition. Hopefully, Moats will develop for the long term.

DrGraves
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
i hope we see a big improvement in his play now that we have switched schemes. it didn't seem like he had enough speed to cover all that ground in the 4-3

justasportsfan
07-19-2010, 10:47 AM

I agree. I just thought it was interesting that Chris would imply that even though POZ is still learning, he's already penciled in as the starter this early while Davis who knows the 3-4 is competing. I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Jan Reimers
07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree. I just thought it was interesting that Chris would imply that even though POZ is still learning, he's already penciled in as the starter this early while Davis who knows the 3-4 is competing. I would have thought it would be the other way around.
I really think that Poz is a very good player, although he - like most of our good players - is often underappreciated by many Zoners.

wmoz11
07-19-2010, 11:02 AM

The 3-4 and 4-3 are not that different where you make Poz compete for a spot. He's much too talented. Depending on your 3-4 scheme, you can make it look like a 4-3 the majority of the time, i.e., when you shift your rush LB to a 7 technique basically and keep him standing and then slide you linebackers toward that side.

People don't line-up in straight 3-4 positioning that you see in the play preview in Madden.

psubills62
07-19-2010, 11:09 AM

Well, they play different positions. Poz is by far the best Mike LB we have, while Davis and Mitchell are both better fits as the Ted.

Plus, I've thought from the very beginning that Davis was going to be brought in to be a mentor to whatever young ILB we picked in the later rounds. That turned out to be Moats. If Davis gets beaten out, he can still fill his role as mentor. Honestly, I'm a big fan of Moats' long-term potential at ILB. Having a guy with his pass-rush ability brings a lot of versatility to our defensive scheme. I'm really hoping Moats gets more and more playing time as the season goes on.

trapezeus
07-19-2010, 11:29 AM
with an extra linebacker, i think Poz becomes more versatile. he is disguised better and more likely to play a part at stopping the run and blitzing the QB.

the jauron defense had him in coverage as well as make up for a weak DL that didn't get pressure. Add to it that he didn't really have any support back there and you had a very difficult set up.

Tatonka
07-19-2010, 12:35 PM
it will be davis.. 100% for sure, next to poz.

i am pretty confident that Maybin, Poz, and Davis are set in stone. one of the young guys may be kelsay out.. im kind of excited to see kelsay play at OLB though to be honest.. he looks a little like bryce paup... not that i anticipate that kind of performance.. but just want to see how he does... i feel that way about a lot of guys actually

trapezeus
07-19-2010, 12:42 PM
as long as the rookies and signings can contribute to hold the line, then our glut of lb's can be mixed and matched to create some different packages.

if the DL is jsut as bad as last year, the defense will be just as bad as last year.

YardRat
07-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Davis will start, and call the shots.

Night Train
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM

I think Mitchell will ensure all the starters have a full bottle of G when they come off the field.

EDS
07-19-2010, 05:53 PM

Poz isn't Patrick Willis or Jon Beason, but he is better than an ageing veteran retread like Davis. Poz is really the only thing close to a sure thing for the Bills linebacking corps.