Baltimore
Buffalo

Top 5 NFC teams

Green Bay
New Orleans
San Francisco
Minnesota
Dallas

Cue the "Thomas is a moron" and "Thomas should shut up" comments.

wmoz11
07-19-2010, 09:33 PM
One of these things is not like the other....

To quote J.P. from "Angels in the Outfield"...."Hey, it could happen."

Dr. Lecter
07-19-2010, 09:49 PM
The Bills are better than the Chargers? And the Jets?

I love ya Thurm, but......

DraftBoy
07-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Ive said it enough already, so Im just going to politely ask that he go away...quickly.

Griff
07-19-2010, 09:59 PM
we're not even the fifth best team in our division........

more cowbell
07-19-2010, 10:08 PM
lol, well it's apparent he must still be a drunk....

wmoz11
07-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I appreciate what he and Kelly try to do for the team through the media, but every time one of them opens their mouths it makes me cringe.

BillsWin
07-19-2010, 11:25 PM
I must be the only one fine with what he said. It's his opinion, nothing wrong with having one. So he thinks the Bills are a top five team in the AFC? Let him dream. We've all been there.

We appreciate the support. Or at least, I do.

SABURZFAN
07-20-2010, 12:57 AM
i want what he's smoking.

jamze132
07-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Absolutely ridiculous.

YardRat
07-20-2010, 05:45 AM
We'll be better than most people think....maybe not top 5, but better.

Yasgur's Farm
07-20-2010, 05:59 AM
I must be the only one fine with what he said. It's his opinion, nothing wrong with having one. So he thinks the Bills are a top five team in the AFC? Let him dream. We've all been there.

We appreciate the support. Or at least, I do.I'm OK with it too.

BTW... Queue is the word.

Dujek
07-20-2010, 06:13 AM
I'm OK with it too.

BTW... Queue is the word.

No, it's cue. "Queue" is a line of people, "Cue" is something that brings a set response or a planned start, hence "Cue the music" means to start the music, while "Queue the music" would mean to put a lot of different tracks into a play list.

So "Cue the Thurm is a moron comments" means let the Thurm is a moron comments start, while using queue would mean that we should all form an orderly line to insult him.

Dozerdog
07-20-2010, 06:28 AM
I'll put the Bills in the top 5....of the AFC East

Jan Reimers
07-20-2010, 06:47 AM
I'm with Thurm, even though I know first hand that hope and optimism are generally bashed into submission here.

BlackMetalNinja
07-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Thurm is a moron and he should shut up!

DraftBoy
07-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Everybody is free to be ok with it, but you don't have a national mic in front of you when you say it.

Nobody cares what a random fan thinks, but when one of the greatest players to ever play for the team says something outlandish and borderline stupid, its not take as opinion. Its taken as a statement of fact in his mind, which is when these things quickly become larger than life.

HHURRICANE
07-20-2010, 08:12 AM
No reasons why just pure speculation....nice.

If Rob Johnson and the '99 Bills had won the Superbowl I wouldn't have to listen to Thurm, Kelly, and every other player who was a bridesmaid and never a bride.

trapezeus
07-20-2010, 08:25 AM
if we didn't have the 90's bills support, we'd bash them for just ditching the team.

Their emotionally invested. I think top 5 is a bit optimistic, but i like that he cares. no one else at the major networks seem to.

and like discotrish, if he keeps constantly saying good things, one day he'll actually be right. and no one will actually say, "remember how he was wrong for 15 years straight?" everyone will be dancing in the street.

tampabay25690
07-20-2010, 08:30 AM

I think the JETS are the most overrated team in the NFL and seem to be the paper champions this year.......

QB will be a problem because SANCHEZ is fair at best right now.
Losing Thomas JONES is huge he was a bruiser and Greene may be good but can he take a pounding......

BillsWin
07-20-2010, 08:39 AM
No, it's cue. "Queue" is a line of people, "Cue" is something that brings a set response or a planned start, hence "Cue the music" means to start the music, while "Queue the music" would mean to put a lot of different tracks into a play list.

So "Cue the Thurm is a moron comments" means let the Thurm is a moron comments start, while using queue would mean that we should all form an orderly line to insult him.

What he said! :up:

better days
07-20-2010, 09:05 AM
if we didn't have the 90's bills support, we'd bash them for just ditching the team.

Their emotionally invested. I think top 5 is a bit optimistic, but i like that he cares. no one else at the major networks seem to.

and like discotrish, if he keeps constantly saying good things, one day he'll actually be right. and no one will actually say, "remember how he was wrong for 15 years straight?" everyone will be dancing in the street.

Optimism from you? I like it! There is hope for this Bills team.

Dr. Lecter
07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
"Queue the SabreEleven is a douchebag comments!"

is proper though.

I go first!

Beebe's Kid
07-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Top 5? What? Thurm doesn't think we are the toppermost? Well then, we'll just have to show him, and lock up home field advantage!!!

justasportsfan
07-20-2010, 11:03 AM
THurm must be drinking Absinthe again.

Yasgur's Farm
07-20-2010, 02:04 PM

So "Cue the Thurm is a moron comments" means let the Thurm is a moron comments start, while using queue would mean that we should all form an orderly line to insult him.I stand corrected. :blush:

Spiderweb
07-20-2010, 02:23 PM
So Thurman is a homer......so what!

Sure beats having your HOF players ridiculing the team.....and maybe, just maybe he sees talent that has been misused, neglected, and/or added recently. I think I'll side with TT.

Hope springs eternal....

Nighthawk
07-20-2010, 05:52 PM

I really don't get the Jets love affair that many have right now?

Dr. Lecter
07-20-2010, 07:31 PM
I really don't get the Jets love affair that many have right now?
That defense is scary good.

If they can score 13 points a game, they will win 12-13 games this year.

YardRat
07-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Ryan will find a way to **** things up. It's in his blood.

TBBills Fan
07-20-2010, 07:40 PM

We appreciate the support. Or at least, I do.

nothing wrong with being optimistic or having a subjective opinion

However, Thurman you look like an idiot making these comments wihtout some sort of qualifying statement with it

Now I know I shouldnt make predictions stoned, but The Bills are the 5th best team in the NFL....

its hard for even the most optimistic of us make that prediction, let alone make it to someone who will print it as a story

djjimkelly
07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
i want the same drugs thurman is on id have fun this weekend

wozrob11
07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
what ever thurm is smoking to put buffalo in that list i want some!

justasportsfan
07-20-2010, 09:42 PM
If they can score 13 points a game, they will win 12-13 games this year.

2 of those losses will come from the bills.

BillsWin
07-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Dr Lecter is a closet Jets fan.

Dr. Lecter
07-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Dr Lecter is a closet Jets fan.

If you had said Dolphins or Patriots, I would ban your ass.

Instead, I'll be nice and just threaten ya'!

:D

elltrain22
07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Thurm never ceases to amaze me. What an idiot.

Mike13
07-20-2010, 10:58 PM
2 of those losses will come from the bills.

Another 2 will come from the Dolphins.

Ryan cant beat us and he knows it.

CuseJetsFan83
07-21-2010, 12:27 AM

i dunno, ted ginn is gone.... that hurts since he single handedly gave the jets both losses

SABURZFAN
07-21-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm with Thurm, even though I know first hand that hope and optimism are generally bashed into submission here.

to be a top 5 team in the AFC would require 10-11 wins. i REALLY don't see that happening yet. however, i think i would be happy if this team were to finish with 8 wins. it's been years since we even seen that.

justasportsfan
07-21-2010, 10:27 AM

2 of the fins losses will come from the bills.

BertSquirtgum
07-21-2010, 11:44 AM
yupp. no way they're going to beat the bills at the ralph for the season opener. too much energy.

:squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

starrymessenger
07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
What

starrymessenger
07-21-2010, 04:52 PM
In July of 2008 did any drunken pothead predict the Dolphins would be the best team in the AFC East?

Nublar7
07-21-2010, 05:33 PM
http://buffalosportsnow.com/2010/07/18/thurm-puts-bills-in-afcs-top-5/

Thurm's top 5 AFC teams in no particular order:

New England
Indianapolis
Houston
Baltimore
Buffalo

Top 5 NFC teams

Green Bay
New Orleans
San Francisco
Minnesota
Dallas

Cue the "Thomas is a moron" and "Thomas should shut up" comments.lol

Nublar7
07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
yupp. no way they're going to beat the bills at the ralph for the season opener. too much energy.

:squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:All the energy in the world can't make up for a lack of talent.

Nighthawk
07-21-2010, 05:37 PM
All the energy in the world can't make up for a lack of talent.

Again, what has your QB done again? Umm, yeah...nothing....I wouldn't be so full of your team just yet. They are not as good as many Phin fans think. I know the Bills are not a championship team, but the rose-colored glasses on many Miami fans is hilarious.

G Wolly
07-21-2010, 05:37 PM
we're not even the fifth best team in our division........

Ya know, that's actually what I thought the title said.

And I didn't disagree.

Mike13
07-21-2010, 08:51 PM
i dunno, ted ginn is gone.... that hurts since he single handedly gave the jets both losses

In the first game it was more than Ginn who beat you, in the second game our D and Ginn beat you.

Again, what has your QB done again? Umm, yeah...nothing....I wouldn't be so full of your team just yet. They are not as good as many Phin fans think. I know the Bills are not a championship team, but the rose-colored glasses on many Miami fans is hilarious.

No one thinks that we will win the SB(except Lombardi who has a man crush on us), deep playoff push? Thats a sure possibility.

Will he did beat you guys in one game and played like ass in another, if course there are several reasons why we lost that one, bad play calling, **** defense, etc.

And he does have a brighter future than any Bills "QBs"(If you can call them that)

Beebe's Kid
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
In the first game it was more than Ginn who beat you, in the second game our D and Ginn beat you.

No one thinks that we will win the SB(except Lombardi who has a man crush on us), deep playoff push? Thats a sure possibility.

Will he did beat you guys in one game and played like ass in another, if course there are several reasons why we lost that one, bad play calling, **** defense, etc.

And he does have a brighter future than any Bills "QBs"(If you can call them that)

You mean several excuses... Bad play calling, bad defense...why do you think teams lose games? We handed you your asses in Buffalo...returning the favor for the red-asses we left Miami with earlier in the year.

On the topic, if Joe Montana picked the 49ers as a top 5 team in the AFC, would everybody call him senile and drunk, etc?

No, but because it's Thurm, it is a big deal? Only here. The rest of the world wouldn't expect him to say any different.

DMBcrew36
07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Comments like these from Thurm make me wonder if he's still struggling with drugs and alcohol.

Jeff1220
07-22-2010, 10:15 PM
If Thurm wants to be a homer, so be it. At least he cares.
On the flip side, we have Talley, who wants to kick the crap out of all those on the current team w/a loser mentality, and doesn't hesitate to say so on Twitter. I'm more than fine w/that too. They're both Bills fans and they want to see the team win.

BertSquirtgum
07-22-2010, 10:43 PM
thurm is the man. you haters should go f yourselves.

Nighthawk
07-23-2010, 12:13 PM

How exactly is his future any brighter then the garbage we have right now? I must be missing something because I didn't see a whole lot from him last year that would suggest he is guaranteed a bright future in this league? He has a strong arm, but so did Losman.

justasportsfan
07-23-2010, 12:16 PM
I think Thurm meant we would be 5th in the AFCE . :ill:

justasportsfan
07-23-2010, 12:18 PM
I think the jets, Pats and fins will beat up on each other the bills will walk through the carnage and into the playoffs. :bravo:

DMBcrew36
07-23-2010, 12:21 PM
thurm is the man. you haters should go f yourselves.

LOL

get off his dick

ddaryl
07-23-2010, 12:56 PM
are we sure Thurm didn't really mean top 5 in the AFC East. ???

I believe we are better then what most pundits think we will end up at... but we are middle of the road AFC if we have a solid year IMO

BertSquirtgum
07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
I think the jets, Pats and fins will beat up on each other the bills will walk through the carnage and into the playoffs. :bravo:

that would be pretty awesome

better days
07-23-2010, 01:28 PM

I would love to see the Jets & Fins (along with the Bills) put a hurting on Brady.