Which rookie and vet takes us by surprise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Which rookie and vet takes us by surprise?

Last year Byrd had a breakout rookie season. As far as vets it was pretty disappointing.

Who do you see being that surprise player. Pick a rookie and a vet:

Rookie: Easley. I think this guy is very underrated and athletic, fast guys, like Evans did, usually have very solid rookie seasons. I think Carrington could also be that guy only because as a DE in a 3-4 I think he'll see more playing time than Troup.

Veteran: Kyle Williams. This guy gets so much hate but he shows up to work and puts 110% in every day and plays well. I think he'll be way better in this 3-4 than people realize. I think Troup will see limited action this year because of it.
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Which rookie and vet takes us by surprise?

Calloway and T McGee!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

agree with Easley... gonna go with Stroud for a vet

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Damn everyone is taking my guys..

Rookie: Troup...i bet he will start by midseason at NT
        Vet: Since everyone hates him...Whitner...I bet he has a borderline pro-bowl year, with 4 or 5 picks and near 100 tackles.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Carrington will be a beast, and Kelsay will be reborn at OLB.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Hmmmmm....

McKelvin is going to be a stud in this defense. His skill set is perfect for a 3-4.

As for rookies.....

Batten will contribute to the team and get PT on defense.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• tomz
              • Feb 2007

Rookie: I'll go with Carrington. He seems like he has the right skill set.

Vet: Marshawn Lynch. Though he also gets lots of hate, if his game is on he has a power runnig dimension that neither of the others offer. (Runner up: Shawn Nelson. Break-out year)

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tomz
                Rookie: I'll go with Carrington. He seems like he has the right skill set.

Vet: Marshawn Lynch. Though he also gets lots of hate, if his game is on he has a power runnig dimension that neither of the others offer. (Runner up: Shawn Nelson. Break-out year)
                Nelson is gonna be (Insert QB's name here)'s favorite target all year if he stays healthy, so good choice.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                  Hmmmmm....

McKelvin is going to be a stud in this defense. His skill set is perfect for a 3-4.

As for rookies.....

Batten will contribute to the team and get PT on defense.
                  Stole my rookie pick!

I think it will be Batten because he will be asked to play ST on kick coverage and rush the passer from the 3-4 OLB spot, while Moats is a more developed player he is moving inside and must learn more coverage duties and work in traffic.

Veteran wise Im looking for Lonnie Harvey to secure the NT spot.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Rookie: Spiller: Only because I think he people are going to be surprised how well he runs between the tackles.

Vet: Poz/Davis: I have two... although Poz may get the glory, the dirty work will be done by Davis. Obviously not as dynamic but they have the potential to mirror Spikes/Willis. Spikes has transitioned perfectly into a two-down TED linebacker and helped the 49ers improve their run D by clearing the way for Willis. Poz has a chance to post big numbers and hopefully should stay healthy in this scheme.
                    Last edited by madness; 07-20-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

I agree with both of your guys HH. But I will say for the sake of variety, Troup as a rookie and McKelvin as a veteran.

Although it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise to see McKelvin have a breakout year, I still think he has a lot to prove and there is potential for him to become one of the best cornerbacks in the league. Especially now that he will be placed in more man coverage, a scheme he should thrive in.

Easley and Carrington are two rookies I would pick, but the guy I think will have the most impact is Troup.
                      I know Williams will see most of the time at nose tackle to start the season, but you can bet money that Troup will be worked in a lot. I think he'll surprise because with him in the middle and Dwan Edwards/Marcus Stroud tying down the end spots we are significantly bigger up front.
                      In my opinion, it will transition to improvements against the run and Troup will have a huge part in that.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                        ....formerly OhBF
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Stole my rookie pick!

I think it will be Batten because he will be asked to play ST on kick coverage and rush the passer from the 3-4 OLB spot, while Moats is a more developed player he is moving inside and must learn more coverage duties and work in traffic.

Veteran wise Im looking for Lonnie Harvey to secure the NT spot.
                        Harvey has the size. Sure would be nice if lightning struck again (Peters) and he turns out to be a player of merit.
                        Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                        own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

vet....Shawn Nelson TE in this system he will have an opportunity to make plays.
                          Honorable Mention......Trent Edwards will have a strong year under a REAL Offensive minded coach now.....

ROOKIE......TROUP I was high on him getting drafted and Im sticking to it..
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Rookie- Wang. The Bills need to show they still got one.

Vet- Hardy. He has to know he's running out of time. I think he has the skills to go with his obvious physical gifts. If we get any QBing efficiency this year, this guy breaks out.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Rookie- Batten

Veteran- Trent Edwards (hoping for production from the QB spot)
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X