PDA

View Full Version : Clarke MacArthur

SabreEleven
07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Listening to the Whiner Line this morning, I heard a snipet about MacArthur and arbitration but I couldn't believe my ears so I had to do some research. The arbitrator awarded him $2.4 million? Are you ****ing ****ting me? No wonder Atlanta walked away from the contract. This is ridiculous. The whiner wanted to know if his dad was the arbitrator...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=534773

Crisis
07-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the draft picks Waddell.

chernobylwraiths
07-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Arbitration awards and Kovalchuk's contract are two of the main reasons why the NHL is going directly down the same path that lead to a lockout years ago.

SabreEleven
07-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Nothing was learned during the lockout. The best thing to come out of the lockout was that the Sabres lucked into having a good team with the rule changes...maybe that can happen again.

Ebenezer
07-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Nothing was learned during the lockout. The best thing to come out of the lockout was that the Sabres lucked into having a good team with the rule changes...maybe that can happen again.

I really have to wonder what the owners have up their sleeve. More than one reliable reporter has said that they had the players dead to rights and over a barrel during the lockout. The players were getting ready to settle for anything and this was the best that the league could come up with? They have something planned or they are dumber than a box of rocks.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
16 goals - 19 assists - -16 = 2.4 million? What a joke.

Evidence that can be used (per Wikipidia)

# The player's "overall performance" including statistics in all previous seasons.
# Injuries, illnesses and the number of games played.
# The player's length of service with the team and in the NHL.
# The player's "overall contribution" to the team's success or failure.
# The player's "special qualities of leadership or public appeal."
# The performance and salary of any player alleged to be "comparable" to the player in the dispute.

SkateZilla
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Maybe they meant Yen

RockStar36
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
I'd like to think no NHL team will be dumb enough to give Mac that kind of money, but we did see the Rangers hand 3 million out to Kotalik last summer so you never know.

RockStar36
07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
By the way, Kaleta got done before arbitration but we should also hope Kennedy gets done too. The Sabres could get screwed on this if someone values him super high.

JD
07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Without looking, Kennedy had the same type of year.. no?

RockStar36
07-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Without looking, Kennedy had the same type of year.. no?

Similar.

Kennedy had 6 fewer goals and 3 few assists. Kennedy was also -3 as opposed to Mac's -16. Everything else is almost identical.

SabreEleven
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Kennedy has less years so this could help us.

trapezeus
07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
the arbitrators are to blame. they set briere so high afterthe lockout, and with a salary cap, it cuffed all the teams. if you want talent, you have to pay for it. and to still have wiggle room, you need to play with the cap.

i still don't know how in 2005 the cap was $37MM and now its $58mm. with a global recession occuring in the middle of this with no TV contract revenues to keep them afloat.

chernobylwraiths
07-22-2010, 01:40 PM
the arbitrators are to blame. they set briere so high afterthe lockout, and with a salary cap, it cuffed all the teams. if you want talent, you have to pay for it. and to still have wiggle room, you need to play with the cap.

i still don't know how in 2005 the cap was $37MM and now its $58mm. with a global recession occuring in the middle of this with no TV contract revenues to keep them afloat.

I'm in no way siding with the players, but the owners are paying these stupid salaries too. Briere was awarded so high an arbitration because of a deal that I think Chicago signed Martin Havlat to, crazy money. As soon as the salary cap came into effect, so of the crazier owners started overpaying again for players that were on the downside of their careers and such.

But, the owners crying about losing a lot of money must have been lying through their teeth because even Buffalo is making money. Even while paying close to the cap, a figure they never came close to playing to.