PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the number two receiver?

justasportsfan
07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Steve Johnson is a player who many fans are anxious to see assume a central role in the offense this season, after showing promising glimpses the past two campaigns. In limited duty for his career, Johnson has scored two touchdowns on 12 receptions.

James Hardy enters the 2010 season with, arguably, the most to prove of all of the Bills skill players. Drafted with the 41st overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the 6’5”, 220-pound wide out from Indiana University has the potential to be the tall, athletic, possession pass catcher that Buffalo has been searching for.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/7---Who-will-be-the-number-two-receiver/5c94543a-46d9-49f0-ae8e-7595dbea600f

psubills62
07-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Hard to say at this point. I just don't think Hardy is in the race at this point. If Jackson continues to play well with the pads on, I think he's got a shot. It's too early for Easley, but if he develops quicker than normal and Gailey and co. feel like shoving him into the fray immediately, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

In the end, I think Johnson wins the job for Week 1. It may be a fluid situation during the season, though.

ServoBillieves
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
It's either Johnson or Roscoe comes from freakin' right field and starts. The midget tandem!

Jan Reimers
07-22-2010, 02:30 PM
It's either Johnson or Roscoe comes from freakin' right field and starts. The midget tandem!
I think Roscoe will never be more than our slot guy, and that may be a stretch.

tampabay25690
07-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Im gonna go with CHAD JACKSON as a wild card for the #2 guy.....
Just a hunch...
And he is a Florida guy!!!!!

DesertFox24
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I think it is going to be Hardy, and I think Hardy might blow up this year people ALA Mike Sims Walker in Jax.

Ginger Vitis
07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Steve Johnson

mightysimi
07-22-2010, 11:44 PM
I hope it's Hardy. I don't necessarily think it will be but, I hope he turns into the guy. Maybe he's Vincent Jackson. I hope.

jamze132
07-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Hopefully Hardy wasn't another wasted pick by the previous douche of a regime.

dannyek71
07-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Lee Evans. The defense will be #1.

DraftBoy
07-23-2010, 07:42 AM
TO

don137
07-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Steve Johnson is my thought. He has shown flashes and seems to have the desire where Hardy IMO has not impressed me with his mental make up to the game. He has the tools but does not seem to play with the same passion as Steve Johnson. Johnson is diving for balls where Hardy seems to be going through the motion. Now, I am just basing this on mini-camps so I could very well be wrong. I hope I am wrong though.

trapezeus
07-23-2010, 09:18 AM
this would be interesting as a poll. let people pick before TC and see how it shakes out.

Ron Burgundy
07-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Im gonna go with CHAD JACKSON as a wild card for the #2 guy.....
Just a hunch...
And he is a Florida guy!!!!!

If he's a Florida wideout that succeeds, then he's beaten the odds.

mightysimi
07-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Steve Johnson is my thought. He has shown flashes and seems to have the desire where Hardy IMO has not impressed me with his mental make up to the game. He has the tools but does not seem to play with the same passion as Steve Johnson. Johnson is diving for balls where Hardy seems to be going through the motion. Now, I am just basing this on mini-camps so I could very well be wrong. I hope I am wrong though.

Hardy was hurt though. But I agree it seems that Johnson wants it more.

THATHURMANATOR
07-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I have a feeling that Gailey will employ many different packages and a true # 2 receiver really won't be evident. I see Parrish, Easly, Hardy, and Johnson all seeing the field.

acehole
07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
prolly rotate...

Steve Johnson is a player who many fans are anxious to see assume a central role in the offense this season, after showing promising glimpses the past two campaigns. In limited duty for his career, Johnson has scored two touchdowns on 12 receptions.

James Hardy enters the 2010 season with, arguably, the most to prove of all of the Bills skill players. Drafted with the 41st overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the 6’5”, 220-pound wide out from Indiana University has the potential to be the tall, athletic, possession pass catcher that Buffalo has been searching for.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/7---Who-will-be-the-number-two-receiver/5c94543a-46d9-49f0-ae8e-7595dbea600f

ddaryl
07-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Hardy is nothing more then a redzone threat at this point with everything to prove to gain playing time...

Steve Johnson or Chad Jackson will win the #2 spot IMO.

Spiller and Freddie Jackson will be used a ton in the receiving game as well IMO

mightysimi
07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Hardy is nothing more then a redzone threat at this point with everything to prove to gain playing time...

Steve Johnson or Chad Jackson will win the #2 spot IMO.

Spiller and Freddie Jackson will be used a ton in the receiving game as well IMO

In the story on BB.com, Chris Brown was writing that Jackson's reps have been fairly limited. It doesn't sound like he is in the running. But I guess anything is possible once the pads go on.

ddaryl
07-23-2010, 12:54 PM
In the story on BB.com, Chris Brown was writing that Jackson's reps have been fairly limited. It doesn't sound like he is in the running. But I guess anything is possible once the pads go on.

Interesting... Last thing I remember reading was Jackson starting to click in mini camp...

I also forgot about Easley who I doubt wins much playing time early... but IMO will get some time and will be on the field to stretch it with his speed.

justasportsfan
07-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Everything will be sorted out once the pads come on and I hope Gailey will not care who you are and where you were drafted when it comes to making the depth chart.

mightysimi
07-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Interesting... Last thing I remember reading was Jackson starting to click in mini camp...

I also forgot about Easley who I doubt wins much playing time early... but IMO will get some time and will be on the field to stretch it with his speed.

During spring workouts, Jackson worked to emerge from the veteran contingent of Bills wide outs, but his rep count was far from numerous. He made a number of sure-handed grabs in the time he was afforded, and he’s no doubt hoping his veteran experience is considered an asset.

Playing for a third team already in his young career, Jackson said that learning a new offensive system played out nicely during the offseason.

YardRat
07-23-2010, 07:42 PM
If he's healthy, I'll take a flier on Hardy. Johnson is more likely, and it would be great to get a steal in Easley but it's way too early to tell what he has. I wouldn't mind the rookie lining up opposite Evans, but have to see some TC before penciling him in. IMO Parrish will be cut, and it wouldn't be surprising if Jackson went with him....We'll probably go 'light' on WR roster spots this season, considering Spiller, Jackson, and TE Nelson all have the ability to line up outside.