PDA

View Full Version : Troup deal is almost done

Blame Canada
07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
klopfenstein to IR was to make room for Torell Troup. Could be done as early as tonight, definitely should be done in the next 3 days or so at the latest barring anything unforeseen from what i've heard. expect a four year deal. Spiller is not close right now

WeAreArthurMoates
07-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Hell ya BC, thanks for the update. This is great news and I'm not surprise at all about Spiller seeing no 1st rounders have signed. Spiller can afford a week or two away from camp. This is much different than Maybin.

Demon
07-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the info!

The last buffalo fan
07-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Gracias compadre! :up:

ZAZusmc03
07-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Jew Da Man

The last buffalo fan
07-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Get it done Chan!

Goobylal
07-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Cool. As I've said, Troup is far more important to have at the beginning of camp than Spiller. But Spiller can't miss a lot of time. I just hope he signs before I hit training camp.

Spiderweb
07-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Cool. As I've said, Troup is far more important to have at the beginning of camp than Spiller. But Spiller can't miss a lot of time. I just hope he signs before I hit training camp.

How very true.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Any more news BC

MikeMacie
07-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Gronkowski just signed with the Pats and he's slotted right behind Troup. I would expect it to be done by Monday

mrbojanglezs
07-25-2010, 11:43 AM
ya i am expecting the signing to be announced monday or tuesday im sure its close

DraftBoy
07-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Well its been 4 days and no deal, so its likely the contract negotiatons hit a snag on a escalator clause or some other bonus type deal.

Im sure if BC reported it the base salary and signing bonus are probably done, but the other details can take a few days to finish up.

Buddo
07-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Well its been 4 days and no deal, so its likely the contract negotiatons hit a snag on a escalator clause or some other bonus type deal.

Im sure if BC reported it the base salary and signing bonus are probably done, but the other details can take a few days to finish up.

Could also be that the weekend got in the way. The deal may well be done bar the signing, but as Troup will be due in anyway, they might be simply waiting till he arrives for TC to put ink to paper.

DraftBoy
07-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Could also be that the weekend got in the way. The deal may well be done bar the signing, but as Troup will be due in anyway, they might be simply waiting till he arrives for TC to put ink to paper.

The weekend isn't a factor, especially not this close to camp.

Blame Canada
07-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I may have jumped the bit on this one, or just jinxed it for a bit. This isn't one to worry about though, and recent developments and signings throughout the league only help the case that he'll be in on time. Everything I'd heard was extremely positive and still is. It takes only a tiny bit of nothing to delay a signature and signing...he'll be in.

X-Era
07-27-2010, 05:50 AM
No prob BC. Its just frustrating that it always takes this long. I was thinking it would be different this year with the pace that we seemed to be getting them signed for a while.

Goobylal
07-27-2010, 12:21 PM
I may have jumped the bit on this one, or just jinxed it for a bit. This isn't one to worry about though, and recent developments and signings throughout the league only help the case that he'll be in on time. Everything I'd heard was extremely positive and still is. It takes only a tiny bit of nothing to delay a signature and signing...he'll be in.
Any news on Spiller?

PromoTheRobot
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
klopfenstein to IR was to make room for Torell Troup. Could be done as early as tonight, definitely should be done in the next 3 days or so at the latest barring anything unforeseen from what i've heard. expect a four year deal. Spiller is not close right now
Fail.

PTR

Griz78
07-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Obviosuly he will sign tomorrow when the players report. Deal was probably done just not signed.

mrbojanglezs
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
according to pat moran its imminent, imminent 5 days ago

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
My prediction here is that Troupe signs by day 2 of TC, with Spiller to follow 2 weeks into TC.

DraftBoy
07-28-2010, 10:32 AM
My prediction here is that Troupe signs by day 2 of TC, with Spiller to follow 2 weeks into TC.

That means we likely won't have Spiller in our first PS game.

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
That means we likely won't have Spiller in our first PS game. Yeah, unfortunately. There are a lot of question marks up in the air right now about whether a strike is imminent in 2011. These new players agents are going to do everything they can to make sure their clients are covered for that period should it unfold. It just adds to the usual calamity about money guaranteed, length of the contract, and what the other guy is making that just signed for another team etc. So the process, especially for top 10 rookies will undoubtedly be lengthy. JMO