PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Denney

TypicalBill
06-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Ryan Denney will have something to celebrate this Father's Day. The Buffalo Bills defensive end is a new father, welcoming his daughter to the world just two months ago. Though he is in the midst of training during mini-camp, he has also had his hands full at home, caring for an infant. But Denney doesn't let his fatherly duties interfere with his job. He's been hitting the weights and practicing hard in anticipation of the 2003 season.

Denney is making a push to start this season for the Bills at a position that many analysts believe is the biggest question mark, defensive end. Buffalo brought in big defensive tackle Sam Adams to clog up the middle with Pat Williams. But the outsides are still unresolved. Aaron Schobel is the expected starter at one end, but the other is still open. With one year under his belt, Denney said he believes he may be able to fill that spot.

"I'm just trying to work hard out there each day," Denney said. "Hopefully I'm going to get my chance soon. I'm just learning from my experiences last year and trying to fine tune our defensive plays."

Click (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=187947) for the full article.

WG
06-12-2003, 12:14 PM
My expectations for Denney are not high. IMO Irons, the undrafted rookie, outplayed Denney last year as did most, who were also drafted lower than he was, of the others who played DE in the "rotation."

We'll see, perhaps this child thing will help. Seems like a really nice guy however.

Ebenezer
06-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
My expectations for Denney are not high. IMO Irons, the undrafted rookie, outplayed Denney last year as did most, who were also drafted lower than he was, of the others who played DE in the "rotation."

We'll see, perhaps this child thing will help. Seems like a really nice guy however.

Didn't you like Kendrick Office too? :madcloud:

R. Rich
06-12-2003, 12:28 PM
I hope he can put it together and really improve this year. We could use a solid left end; someone who can be a big factor in stopping the run and can contribute in the pass rush. Maybe he'll show everyone why Donahoe traded up last year to get him.

Romes
06-12-2003, 12:29 PM
It would be hard for him to have a sophomore slump. Considering he did nothing last year.

TigerJ
06-12-2003, 12:52 PM
About all I can say is he's got a lot to prove.

wbat27
06-12-2003, 01:46 PM
he was hurt half the year. Give the guy a fair chance they said he has been working hard

Jan Reimers
06-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Sometimes it takes a season for a player to really understand the system, his role, etc. Sometimes, as in the case of Rob Johnson, they never get it. Let's hope Denney lives up to TD's high expectations.

mypoorfriendme
06-12-2003, 04:21 PM
any chance kelsay takes the starting position? if you consider the fact that he was really a first round valued de in the draft, should he be expected to play first string?

chubluv
06-12-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

that was last year. lets not dwell on the past..lets give him a chance...who knows whats going to happen....

venis2k1
06-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Any Production that we get out of Denny will be seen as bonus in my eyes, i already had this kid down as a bust.

BillsNYC
06-13-2003, 11:15 AM
between DE and WR...its gonna be a lot of fun watching these guys compete in training camp!

colin
06-13-2003, 11:19 AM
I think Kelsey is a much better athlete, but Denny could contribute. You guys are too nuts about making some kind of analysis without any freaking information, we will need a couple seasons to know. I blame 24hour news channels giving opinions about news stories before they have the facts for this phenomenon.

Earthquake Enyart
06-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Kelsay will be the pass rusher, Denny in for run downs.

GW was blabbering on Empire the other day that Posey will also line up at DE in passing situations.

Typ0
06-13-2003, 11:37 AM
There's no telling what is going to happen with a player their first few years in the league. The offseason can be very formative physically and mentally to a young player. Getting a rest and a new focus. The composting time to make adjustments to the game. The ability to condition the body better for the NFL. But I agree with WYS based on what I have seen on the field thus far Denney has a ways to go.