PDA

View Full Version : bobby ryan

DrGraves
07-23-2010, 01:34 AM
why havent we given this guy an offer sheet yet?

worst case scenario we **** over another team like the oilers did to us with vanek.

best case scenario we end up with a top notch young player.

SabreEleven
07-23-2010, 06:37 AM
why havent we given this guy an offer sheet yet?

worst case scenario we **** over another team like the oilers did to us with vanek.

best case scenario we end up with a top notch young player.

Are you seriously asking this question? Seriously?

RockStar36
07-23-2010, 07:56 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. I'm guessing it would take roughly $5 million per season to get him, if not more. They have the room, but it would also push them right up against the cap.

Although next year several more contracts come off the books.

DMBcrew36
07-23-2010, 08:15 AM
I feel like the Ducks would definitely match, unless it was some absurd offer.

RockStar36
07-23-2010, 08:38 AM
I feel like the Ducks would definitely match, unless it was some absurd offer.

So they have nothing to lose. Either he signs here or in Anaheim. I would do it if I were Darcy.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. I'm guessing it would take roughly $5 million per season to get him, if not more. They have the room, but it would also push them right up against the cap.

Although next year several more contracts come off the books.

Not sure how the math works, but remember that in 2 years they will have a cap hit of about 8 million for Myers, if they can do so.

RockStar36
07-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Not sure how the math works, but remember that in 2 years they will have a cap hit of about 8 million for Myers, if they can do so.

Vanek, Pominville, Leopold, Roy and Miller are the only players even signed past the next 2 years.

I think it's workable, but I'm not the owner or the GM.

SabreEleven
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Except this management is ball-less and would never take a chance. Let's not rock the boat here, people. The Sabres are making a small profit so there is no need to try to win a Stanley Cup.

chernobylwraiths
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
The one thing I like about Regier is he seems to be a man of integrity. After what happened with Vanek and the indignation he had over that contract offer, I can't see him signing someone to an offer sheet.

I wouldn't mind him making a trade though if a deal could be worked out. I like the guy.

SabreEleven
07-23-2010, 10:02 AM
The one thing I like about Regier is he seems to be a man of integrity. After what happened with Vanek and the indignation he had over that contract offer, I can't see him signing someone to an offer sheet.

I wouldn't mind him making a trade though if a deal could be worked out. I like the guy.

Integrity and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee, not a Stanley Cup

Philagape
07-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Why is a perfectly legal and legit move opposed to integrity?
Darcy was mad because his reckless timidity finally cost him money. He got caught with his pants down, and it added to the humiliation of Black Sunday. He has no one to blame but himself for not signing Vanek earlier.

chernobylwraiths
07-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Why is a perfectly legal and legit move opposed to integrity?
Darcy was mad because his reckless timidity finally cost him money. He got caught with his pants down, and it added to the humiliation of Black Sunday. He has no one to blame but himself for not signing Vanek earlier.

You people read into things too much. The integrity thing has to do with going against something that he was so vocal about. If he signs somebody to a huge contract after all the crying he and Larry did, they would look like complete hypocrites. I'm not saying that people with integrity wouldn't sign people to contracts like that, just that he wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite.

Philagape
07-23-2010, 11:39 AM
You people read into things too much. The integrity thing has to do with going against something that he was so vocal about. If he signs somebody to a huge contract after all the crying he and Larry did, they would look like complete hypocrites. I'm not saying that people with integrity wouldn't sign people to contracts like that, just that he wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite.

That's adding pride on top of timidity. If that's "integrity," I'll take trying to make the team better instead.

ddaryl
07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Integrity and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee, not a Stanley Cup

Integrity and capitialism never made good companions... that shipped has sailed and the smoke from the smokestack has faded into the horizon.

Nope these daze... You do whatever it is you have to do to or be punished for not doing everything you had to do... If you can trade your grandma for hardware you pull the trigger and worry about consequences later while being paid huge sums of money to talk jibberish at ESPN.

Nighthawk
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM

Again, this is not how you win in this league. We need to stop worrying about a contract that is coming in 2 years and start worrying about winning a freakin' cup! I cannot stand the excuses that are thrown out there for Darcy Dumbass and company.

ddaryl
07-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Again, this is not how you win in this league. We need to stop worrying about a contract that is coming in 2 years and start worrying about winning a freakin' cup! I cannot stand the excuses that are thrown out there for Darcy Dumbass and company.

that could be the teams motto

The Buffalo Sabres where we are always just a few years away from being a few years away

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2010, 01:40 PM

I was not making excuses. I was throwing out a fact.

You gotta quit saying that is what I am doing.

But the fact it is, the Sabres do need to think about it since they finally have a legit superstar skater on the team. And he will cost that much in 2 years if they want him long term. If they don't and he leaves, you and others will (rightfully so) be all over them.

It is **** like that (and you are not the only offender) that makes this forum unbearable most of the time.

Nighthawk
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
I was not making excuses. I was throwing out a fact.

You gotta quit saying that is what I am doing.

But the fact it is, the Sabres do need to think about it since they finally have a legit superstar skater on the team. And he will cost that much in 2 years if they want him long term. If they don't and he leaves, you and others will (rightfully so) be all over them.

It is **** like that (and you are not the only offender) that makes this forum unbearable most of the time.

The Sabres need to start focusing on winning...period. Everybody and their mother knows that Myers needs to be part of the future of the team, but you can't stop trying to assemble a champion, just because you're afraid of a contract coming down the line. I've never heard one team who has won a championship worried about a player becoming too good that they won't be able to keep him. I'm sorry, I just can't stand that type of thinking or talk. It's not just you, it's that mentality in general.

SkateZilla
07-24-2010, 11:27 AM
SO we can have 2 Silver Medalist... w00t

We cant afford Gold, so we gonna stock up on Silver...

DrGraves
07-27-2010, 01:37 AM
alright to get back to what i was saying.... why not dick the ducks over at the very least? they can't let this kid go so why not play some hard ball? theres a one in one hundred chance we get a player who is better than any forward we have... whats to lose exactly?

RockStar36
07-27-2010, 07:36 AM
alright to get back to what i was saying.... why not dick the ducks over at the very least? they can't let this kid go so why not play some hard ball? theres a one in one hundred chance we get a player who is better than any forward we have... whats to lose exactly?

There is nothing to lose.

Anaheim has offered him 5yr/25 million so far. If I'm the Sabres I offer him 5 yr/30 million. Worst case is Anaheim matches and that's that.

OpIv37
07-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Honestly, why are we talking about this? This is the kind of bold move that the Sabres' FO doesn't have the cajones to make.

RockStar36
07-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Honestly, why are we talking about this? This is the kind of bold move that the Sabres' FO doesn't have the cajones to make.

Why are we not allowed to discuss something like this in the offseason without everyone just crapping on it and saying how the Sabres won't do it.

We know they won't, but that doesn't mean we couldn't talk about it.

OpIv37
07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Why are we not allowed to discuss something like this in the offseason without everyone just crapping on it and saying how the Sabres won't do it.

We know they won't, but that doesn't mean we couldn't talk about it.

yeah, it just seems like one of those "what would you do if you won the lottery?" conversations. The only difference is that speculating about the lottery is less frustrating because it's a random game of chance. The Sabres' FO actually has the ability to make something like this happen, but they won't.

SabreEleven
07-27-2010, 11:16 AM
yeah, it just seems like one of those "what would you do if you won the lottery?" conversations. The only difference is that speculating about the lottery is less frustrating because it's a random game of chance. The Sabres' FO actually has the ability to make something like this happen, but they won't.

I know, the odds are greater for me winning the lottery.