X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hdeep9213
    • Sep 2008

Surprise Roster Cuts??

Any prediction of surprise cuts during training camp? I have a feeling Hardy (due to lack of ball skills) will be gone. Along with Youboty (too much depth)....
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Surprise Roster Cuts??

Originally posted by hdeep9213
    Any prediction of surprise cuts during training camp? I have a feeling Hardy (due to lack of ball skills) will be gone. Along with Youboty (too much depth)....
    The Bills are still very high on Yobouty. Didn't they give him a contract extension? Either way there is zero chance he gets cut.

Hardy is a good surprise cut and wouldn't shock me but who will be your starting WRs?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      The Bills are still very high on Yobouty. Didn't they give him a contract extension? Either way there is zero chance he gets cut.

Hardy is a good surprise cut and wouldn't shock me but who will be your starting WRs?
      They resigned him. No extension.

Zero chance? It is a new regime. Nobody knows if they like him or not.

And with Mcgee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner and Lankster around, it certainly is possible.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

I think Youboty is going to experience something of a resurgence this year, so he would be a bit of a surprise cut.

I agree, Hardy is a good choice for surprise cut. I'm quite sure that if he wasn't a second rounder, he'd have been long gone. I'm betting the depth chart will look something like this:

1) Evans
        2) Johnson
        3) Jackson
        4) Parrish
        5) Easley
        6) one of the UDFA's (Nelson, Jones, possibly Roosevelt)

It's Fitzpatrick for me. I think there's a lot of people who wouldn't be surprised to see him cut, but there are a lot of people who seemingly assume Fitz will be #2 at worst.

I'll also say Kawika Mitchell as a possible surprise cut. I don't think he'll end up being cut due to needing numbers, but it's possible.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

kelsay will be gone at his high cap number and especially with torbor, batten and the auburn UDFA we picked up on the roster, all of them has pennies in salary compared to him. also a big surprise cut i could see this year is donte whitner. say what you want but if wilson wins the job besides byrd and we already have scott there and lydell sargent has a strong camp after strong OTA's bye bye whitner, they have ZERO intention to sign him after the season anyways. and again when you compare sargents penny contract to whitners it is cost efficient to let go of whitner instead of paying him a couple million to basically be a nickle/quarters safety.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
            They resigned him. No extension.

Zero chance? It is a new regime. Nobody knows if they like him or not.

And with Mcgee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner and Lankster around, it certainly is possible.
            Zero chance.

They could have traded him and they didn't. This is one of these young players that they are waiting to blossom.

I do think Whitner has a strong chance at getting cut.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

By the way great thread!!

I have one more surpirse cut:

Parrish.

If Spiller does kick off returns, and can catch balls out of the backfield, maybe Parrish is odd man out?

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Hardy would definitely be a surprise cut to me unless he really shows nothing in training camp. I don't see how you just give up on a WR after only 2 seasons, especially when he had to deal with a serious knee injury. I don't know if I'm expecting anything from him, but I think you have to give him at least one more season now that he's healthy, has some experience and gets to work with some legit offensive coaching.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                  Hardy would definitely be a surprise cut to me unless he really shows nothing in training camp. I don't see how you just give up on a WR after only 2 seasons, especially when he had to deal with a serious knee injury. I don't know if I'm expecting anything from him, but I think you have to give him at least one more season now that he's healthy, has some experience and gets to work with some legit offensive coaching.
                  I watched Hardy play in year one and he was horrible at running routes which was his big knock coming out of college.

He gets hurt, which his not his fault, and than ends up getting a hernia which slows his comback time even more.

He's not that fast, he's not a good route runner, maybe he's just a bad pick.

He's Kevin Everett.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

Trent Edwards.

If Brohm wins the job outright, keeping him around would just cause problems. Some fans don't let go easily.

If Brohm wins the job in preseason it wouldn't surprise me if Edwards gets cut or traded. It would be a sort of "cut your losses" move.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

One of the wr's Hardy/Johnson, I think Parrish stays and is the slot wr/pr. Kelsay is history, as stated he makes to much money, age, and positon change. If Trent doesn't win the qb battle then he is gone. If Trent does win it Fitz is gone and Brohm is b/u.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                        • Feb 2004

IM going with FITZ or Brohm.....
                        1 of them is going to make room for LEVI as the #3.
                        I don't think the Bills will chance putting Brown on the PS.....
                        GO Gators!!!!!!
                        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                          IM going with FITZ or Brohm.....
                          1 of them is going to make room for LEVI as the #3.
                          I don't think the Bills will chance putting Brown on the PS.....
                          You are right about Brown being #3. There is no way they risk him to the practice squad.
                          I see ywo scenarios: Trent, Brohm, Brown or Brohm, Fitz, Brown.

Comment

• dannyek71
                            Drink Responsibly
                            • Dec 2004

Kelsay
                            [

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              You are right about Brown being #3. There is no way they risk him to the practice squad.
                              I see ywo scenarios: Trent, Brohm, Brown or Brohm, Fitz, Brown.
                              Why do you say that?
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X