PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Roster Cuts??

hdeep9213
07-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Any prediction of surprise cuts during training camp? I have a feeling Hardy (due to lack of ball skills) will be gone. Along with Youboty (too much depth)....

HHURRICANE
07-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Any prediction of surprise cuts during training camp? I have a feeling Hardy (due to lack of ball skills) will be gone. Along with Youboty (too much depth)....

The Bills are still very high on Yobouty. Didn't they give him a contract extension? Either way there is zero chance he gets cut.

Hardy is a good surprise cut and wouldn't shock me but who will be your starting WRs?

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2010, 09:45 AM
The Bills are still very high on Yobouty. Didn't they give him a contract extension? Either way there is zero chance he gets cut.

Hardy is a good surprise cut and wouldn't shock me but who will be your starting WRs?
They resigned him. No extension.

Zero chance? It is a new regime. Nobody knows if they like him or not.

And with Mcgee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner and Lankster around, it certainly is possible.

psubills62
07-23-2010, 09:50 AM

I think Youboty is going to experience something of a resurgence this year, so he would be a bit of a surprise cut.

I agree, Hardy is a good choice for surprise cut. I'm quite sure that if he wasn't a second rounder, he'd have been long gone. I'm betting the depth chart will look something like this:

1) Evans
2) Johnson
3) Jackson
4) Parrish
5) Easley
6) one of the UDFA's (Nelson, Jones, possibly Roosevelt)

It's Fitzpatrick for me. I think there's a lot of people who wouldn't be surprised to see him cut, but there are a lot of people who seemingly assume Fitz will be #2 at worst.

I'll also say Kawika Mitchell as a possible surprise cut. I don't think he'll end up being cut due to needing numbers, but it's possible.

jimbohastle51
07-23-2010, 09:57 AM
kelsay will be gone at his high cap number and especially with torbor, batten and the auburn UDFA we picked up on the roster, all of them has pennies in salary compared to him. also a big surprise cut i could see this year is donte whitner. say what you want but if wilson wins the job besides byrd and we already have scott there and lydell sargent has a strong camp after strong OTA's bye bye whitner, they have ZERO intention to sign him after the season anyways. and again when you compare sargents penny contract to whitners it is cost efficient to let go of whitner instead of paying him a couple million to basically be a nickle/quarters safety.

HHURRICANE
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
They resigned him. No extension.

Zero chance? It is a new regime. Nobody knows if they like him or not.

And with Mcgee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner and Lankster around, it certainly is possible.

Zero chance.

They could have traded him and they didn't. This is one of these young players that they are waiting to blossom.

I do think Whitner has a strong chance at getting cut.

HHURRICANE
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
By the way great thread!!

I have one more surpirse cut:

Parrish.

If Spiller does kick off returns, and can catch balls out of the backfield, maybe Parrish is odd man out?

Ed
07-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Hardy would definitely be a surprise cut to me unless he really shows nothing in training camp. I don't see how you just give up on a WR after only 2 seasons, especially when he had to deal with a serious knee injury. I don't know if I'm expecting anything from him, but I think you have to give him at least one more season now that he's healthy, has some experience and gets to work with some legit offensive coaching.

HHURRICANE
07-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Hardy would definitely be a surprise cut to me unless he really shows nothing in training camp. I don't see how you just give up on a WR after only 2 seasons, especially when he had to deal with a serious knee injury. I don't know if I'm expecting anything from him, but I think you have to give him at least one more season now that he's healthy, has some experience and gets to work with some legit offensive coaching.

I watched Hardy play in year one and he was horrible at running routes which was his big knock coming out of college.

He gets hurt, which his not his fault, and than ends up getting a hernia which slows his comback time even more.

He's not that fast, he's not a good route runner, maybe he's just a bad pick.

He's Kevin Everett.

BillsWin
07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Trent Edwards.

If Brohm wins the job outright, keeping him around would just cause problems. Some fans don't let go easily.

If Brohm wins the job in preseason it wouldn't surprise me if Edwards gets cut or traded. It would be a sort of "cut your losses" move.

k-oneputt
07-23-2010, 10:46 AM
One of the wr's Hardy/Johnson, I think Parrish stays and is the slot wr/pr. Kelsay is history, as stated he makes to much money, age, and positon change. If Trent doesn't win the qb battle then he is gone. If Trent does win it Fitz is gone and Brohm is b/u.

tampabay25690
07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
IM going with FITZ or Brohm.....
1 of them is going to make room for LEVI as the #3.
I don't think the Bills will chance putting Brown on the PS.....

k-oneputt
07-23-2010, 11:01 AM

You are right about Brown being #3. There is no way they risk him to the practice squad.
I see ywo scenarios: Trent, Brohm, Brown or Brohm, Fitz, Brown.

dannyek71
07-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Kelsay

DraftBoy
07-23-2010, 11:20 AM
You are right about Brown being #3. There is no way they risk him to the practice squad.
I see ywo scenarios: Trent, Brohm, Brown or Brohm, Fitz, Brown.

Why do you say that?

better days
07-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Zero chance.

They could have traded him and they didn't. This is one of these young players that they are waiting to blossom.

I do think Whitner has a strong chance at getting cut.

I totally agree about both players. I think Youboty may be the nickle back this year. Whitner could get cut.

To think the Bills could have had Ngata instead of Whitner drives me crazy. Ngata was named 5th best player in the NFL the other day on NFL Network.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Whitner is not getting cut.

Does he play up to the #8 pick? No.

Is he a bad player? Hell no.

It is not his fault he was drafted too ****ing early.

better days
07-23-2010, 11:47 AM

I could see Edwards or Fitz getting cut but not because the Bills are worried about losing Brown. He was a 7th rnd pick. Any team that really wanted him could have easily drafted him.

To sign him off the PS a team would have to put him on their active roster. That would be a HUGE surprise. Brohm was highly thought of coming out of College & was a 2nd rnd pick.

Michael82
07-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick is making too much money to be the backup and definitely way too much to be a 3rd stringer. I see him being cut.

I also think that Marcus Stroud and Kawika Mitchell will be cut due to not fitting in the 3-4 defense.

DraftBoy
07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Whitner is not getting cut.

Does he play up to the #8 pick? No.

Is he a bad player? Hell no.

It is not his fault he was drafted too ****ing early.

I dont want him cut, but I wouldnt mind drafting his replacement and trading him for some mid-low round draft picks.

Night Train
07-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Eric Moulds

He's not on the roster, so I'd be shocked if I read he was cut.

mightysimi
07-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't think Hardy gets cut. I also don't think Kelsey gets cut. I think for some reason, people in the NFL like Whitner so he gets traded at the least. I'm going to go with Scott. Good SS but I don't think he would surplant Wilson or even Whitner. He is pretty good so I can easily see them keeping him so he would be a surprise cut.

better days
07-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I dont want him cut, but I wouldnt mind drafting his replacement and trading him for some mid-low round draft picks.

I think his replacement is already on the team.........George Wilson. I would be all for trading him for anything.

tampabay25690
07-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I could see Edwards or Fitz getting cut but not because the Bills are worried about losing Brown. He was a 7th rnd pick. Any team that really wanted him could have easily drafted him.

To sign him off the PS a team would have to put him on their active roster. That would be a HUGE surprise. Brohm was highly thought of coming out of College & was a 2nd rnd pick.

Well thats the way I see it.

bigbub2352
07-23-2010, 02:16 PM
chris kelsay
chris ellis
kawika mitchell
derek schouman
corey mcyntire
james hardy
ryan fitzpatrick
cornell green
i think all got a chance of being axed not saying all of them but a few mite be on the list

k-oneputt
07-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Why do you say that?

They obviously like him. Will not risk losing him . Simple.

DraftBoy
07-23-2010, 02:47 PM
They obviously like him. Will not risk losing him . Simple.

What gives you that impression though?

I have little doubt that if waived we wouldnt be able to get him to the PS. If we lose him, it wouldnt be a huge loss either imo.

k-oneputt
07-23-2010, 02:50 PM

I have little doubt that if waived we wouldnt be able to get him to the PS. If we lose him, it wouldnt be a huge loss either imo.

Possibly. My guess is they will not risk the p/s.

better days
07-23-2010, 02:53 PM

A 7th rnd pick, I don't understand why some people think he is so desired by other teams. The Bills should just trade him for a 2nd rnd pick now.

BertSquirtgum
07-23-2010, 03:05 PM
my surprise cut would be marshawn lynch.

we are
07-23-2010, 03:11 PM

if they cut Marshawn Lynch after turning down trade offers I will punch a little kid.

BertSquirtgum
07-23-2010, 03:20 PM
exactly. that's why it's my surprise cut because marshawn getting cut would be the only one to surprise me. the rest of the others mentioned in this thread don't surprise me at all.

justasportsfan
07-23-2010, 03:21 PM

I would rather keep Lynch over Bell.

DraftBoy
07-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Possibly. My guess is they will not risk the p/s.

Now granted Im basing a lot of my questions off of my own evaluation of him, but I dont think he's worth more than some of the UDFA's QBs who were out there to begin with. So Im not that high on him personally.

ServoBillieves
07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Schouman (although one of my favorite players), Hardy, Parrish, McCargo, Ellison, Scott, Corner.

... You asked for surprises, I'd be surprised.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Levi Brown is J.P. Losman without the experience and with a more realistic view of his potential. I think he'll survive.

SquishDaFish
07-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Hardy def wont be cut.

Mr. Pink
07-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Lynch.

Brohm.

Kawika.

Although I firmly believe 2/3 will be cut.

Spiderweb
07-23-2010, 09:19 PM
kelsay will be gone at his high cap number and especially with torbor, batten and the auburn UDFA we picked up on the roster, all of them has pennies in salary compared to him. also a big surprise cut i could see this year is donte whitner. say what you want but if wilson wins the job besides byrd and we already have scott there and lydell sargent has a strong camp after strong OTA's bye bye whitner, they have ZERO intention to sign him after the season anyways. and again when you compare sargents penny contract to whitners it is cost efficient to let go of whitner instead of paying him a couple million to basically be a nickle/quarters safety.

Kelsay was a poor DE, and my hope is that we have far more LB talent than he so he could be let go. Great effort guy, but crap on production.

Turf
07-23-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't see how Fitz is a surprise, he's easily the logical man out. It'a Edward/Brohn Brown, and I really think Brown is the most qualified simply because in college he shows great accuracy and quick delivery, and we don't know if he sucks. Hardy was my first choice, but not surprising, total bust, never showed anything.
As far as surprise would have to agree Edwards or Kelsay.
BTW, if I see Jackson returning kickoffs this year I'm either going to hang myself or the coaching staff. What kind of moron came up with this gameplan.

more cowbell
07-23-2010, 11:35 PM
joe klopfenstein...Oh wait he's on IR! now I wont get 14 texts a day during the season that he has been cut and re-signed.

in all seriousness though...i could see james hardy getting cut along with kawika mitchell.

from what ive heard...Kelsay has suprised some people as an OLB...i doubt they cut him and let him ride out the final year of his hysterical contract

Crisis
07-24-2010, 12:38 AM
chad jackson

a lot of people here have him as the #2 or #3

mightysimi
07-24-2010, 12:33 PM
chad jackson

I agree. I'm not that high on Jackson either.

acehole
07-25-2010, 11:11 AM

hardy maybe yaboty no way

acehole
07-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree. I'm not that high on Jackson either.

he is doing great.

Crisis
09-04-2010, 06:58 PM
chad jackson

thank you.