PDA

View Full Version : Camp primer: Favorites, storylines, munchies to savor

Michael82
07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
My five favorite camps
1. Arizona Cardinals at Northern Arizona, Flagstaff, Ariz.: Clean, clear air. Picture-postcard town. Nice people. Mountains to the north. Evergreens everywhere. And the Cardinals in the middle of all of it. What's wrong with this picture? I'll tell you what: Absolutely nothing.

2. Buffalo Bills at St. John Fisher College, Pittsford, N.Y.: Not only can you get up close and personal with the Bills, but players and coaches routinely stop to talk to fans and sign autographs after practices. The setting is perfect, a small town in western New York that is so picturesque Marriott put a combination hotel/spa here. After practice, tool on down to the Erie Canal, rent a bike and enjoy the view. Then stop in at the Coal Tower and send me the postcard.

3. Seattle Seahawks at Renton, Wash.: It's so close to Lake Washington that when the Seahawks recruit high-profile free agents (T.J. Houshmandzadeh, come on down) they fly them in by seaplane. The Seahawks have a state-of-the-art building, with the best of everything at their disposal ... except, maybe, their roster. It's time to find players who can return Seattle to the top of the NFC West, guys.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13661908/camp-primer-favorites-storylines-munchies-to-savor?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

Michael82
07-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I also enjoyed this little blurb....

Five best camp competitions

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=270 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD width=270>http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img13662006.jpg </TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=270>Will Trent Edwards emerge as the Bills' starting quarterback? (Getty Images) </TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>1. Sorting out the QBs in Buffalo: Trent Edwards is the favorite to retain his job, but I wouldn't count out Brian Brohm. Neither will the Bills. Buffalo must find a downfield passing game, and I don't know if that's possible with Edwards. He seems to have lost something -- his nerve, his confidence, something -- and I'm not sure if it's the change in coordinators or too many sacks or what. Anyway, he became so reluctant to throw beyond 10 yards his detractors started calling him Capt. Checkdown. Edwards is a great guy, but great guys don't necessarily make good quarterbacks. It's now or never, Trent.

TMu11
07-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I also enjoyed this little blurb....

I love the nickname being used Nationally

Michael82
07-23-2010, 12:52 PM
I love the nickname being used Nationally

Me too. :rofl:

justasportsfan
07-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I am anxious to know if Cortez can fix Trent.

ZAZusmc03
07-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I am anxious to know if Cortez can fix Trent.

Thats actually one thing I really want to know as well. Hopefully Cortez is the real deal when it comes to coaching up QB's.

BillsWin
07-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if Brohm comes out in the preseason and just lights it up compared to Edwards?

Brohm Bomber Unseats Captain Checkdown

That's a headline I wouldn't mind reading.

HHURRICANE
07-23-2010, 05:17 PM
If Brohm or Edwards doesn't win the starting job they should be immediately cut.

Neither Brohm or Edwards need more time than they already have recieved.

Philagape
07-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if Brohm comes out in the preseason and just lights it up compared to Edwards?

Brohm Bomber Unseats Captain Checkdown

That's a headline I wouldn't mind reading.

It would be good for any QB to "light it up"

better days
07-23-2010, 07:07 PM
If Brohm or Edwards doesn't win the starting job they should be immediately cut.

Neither Brohm or Edwards need more time than they already have recieved.

I don't know about immediately (they have to field a team this year) but if neither of them does anything they both should be gone by next year.

more cowbell
07-23-2010, 11:30 PM
It would be good for any QB to "light it up"

seriously...i dont care who starts QB...i want to see someone...ANYONE succeed at the position

Night Train
07-24-2010, 06:39 AM
I just wish there was some shade to hide under but other than that, the camp at Fisher is a great venue.

THRILLHO
07-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Wow, lots of love for Buffalo, awesome.
I also liked how "Captain Checkdown" made into the article, lol.

Michael82
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I just wish there was some shade to hide under but other than that, the camp at Fisher is a great venue.

I completely agree with that. When the team practices on the main grass field, it's hotter than hell out there. Shade would definitely be nice, especially now that all the practices are from 3-5:30pm which is the hottest time of the day. :sweat: The good thing is that the 2nd grass field is next to trees, so a bunch of people sit on the grass under the trees, but there's no bleachers there and it gets packed quickly.