PDA

View Full Version : Gailey gets high praise.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Great Article on Gailey, the fundamentalist:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article80986.ece

Nighthawk
07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Like I've said before, I feel 100% more confident in Gailey then when we hired Jauron. Jauron was a known loser and it is was well reported around the NFL. However, Levy decided that his friend deserved another shot to prove his mediocrity and that is exactly what happened. We may not be that good this year, but I am looking forward to this year more then any I have in recent seasons.

ghz in pittsburgh
07-25-2010, 02:10 PM
"When the president of our country does things that are not morally right and nothing happens, how in the world are they supposed to understand right from wrong?"

So Gailey is a Republican - maybe a hardcore Republican who wants to impeach Clinton. That certainly change views of him in Buffalo.

better days
07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
"When the president of our country does things that are not morally right and nothing happens, how in the world are they supposed to understand right from wrong?"

So Gailey is a Republican - maybe a hardcore Republican who wants to impeach Clinton. That certainly change views of him in Buffalo.

Maybe he was talking about Bush.

Hammertime
07-25-2010, 02:41 PM

What decade do you live in?

BillsWin
07-25-2010, 03:32 PM
The best thing, in my opinion, to come out about Gailey was after he was hired, I believe Chris Brown or Tim Graham said several teams considered not only interviewing Chan, but hiring him last season. But, they passed because they were afraid it wouldn't sell with the fans.

I like Chan. He reminds me a lot of my former coaches. Southern accent, man of faith and discipline, winning history and a no nonsense, do things the right way coaching attitude.

I am eager to see how he runs his training camps.

ghz in pittsburgh
07-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Maybe he was talking about Bush.

Notice he said "not morally right." Bush's sin, the Iraqi's war, is more on the side of competancy.

better days
07-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Notice he said "not morally right." Bush's sin, the Iraqi's war, is more on the side of competancy.

I was refering to the oil spill which was a direct result of the Bush Presidency. Bush made a number of changes in this country that were morally wrong, including trying to take away our civil rights.

Spiderweb
07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
I was refering to the oil spill which was a direct result of the Bush Presidency. Bush made a number of changes in this country that were morally wrong, including trying to take away our civil rights.

Politics....and I despise GWB.

Camp is only a few short days away and we can finally (hopefully) have some football to discuss that is current and relevant to the coming season.

OpIv37
07-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Like I've said before, I feel 100% more confident in Gailey then when we hired Jauron. Jauron was a known loser and it is was well reported around the NFL. However, Levy decided that his friend deserved another shot to prove his mediocrity and that is exactly what happened. We may not be that good this year, but I am looking forward to this year more then any I have in recent seasons.

I'm still not thrilled with Gailey, but I do agree. If nothing else, he's the anti-Jauron. He's still stuck with ownership that gives him no support and a lack of talent on the field, but if he loses, at least it won't be because of an inability to learn from his own mistakes and a passionless "nice-guy" mentality like Jauron.

PromoTheRobot
07-25-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm still not thrilled with Gailey, but I do agree. If nothing else, he's the anti-Jauron. He's still stuck with ownership that gives him no support and a lack of talent on the field, but if he loses, at least it won't be because of an inability to learn from his own mistakes and a passionless "nice-guy" mentality like Jauron.
Opi, you're going soft.

PTR

Jeff1220
07-25-2010, 09:56 PM
This is the first article I've read about Gailey to really boost my confidence in him a bit.

...and I think he was carefully to not name a president because pretty much most presidents/politicians seem to be caught doing some pretty shady stuff these days regardless of party.

more cowbell
07-25-2010, 11:11 PM
sick of hoping for reasons why certain people are going to be successful in this organization whether its a player or coach.

if gailey is a "winner" this team will win...no matter how "crappy" the roster is.

Commissioner
07-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Who cares what President he was talking about... he could of referred to any celebrity or public figure that sets poor examples for young people.

better days
07-26-2010, 12:13 AM
I predict the old DVD's the Pats* have of the Bills signals will no longer be of any value.

PECKERWOOD
07-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Bull ****ing ****, nobody heard of Gailey before being introduced as our HC.

jamze132
07-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Bull ****ing ****, nobody heard of Gailey before being introduced as our HC.
Are you serious?

Lots of football fans knew exactly who Chan Gailey is. Not everyone knew what he was doing sicne the Cowboy's gig, but he wasn't forgotten.

I know he isn't the guy everyone envisioned when OBD BSed all of us when they were talking about Cowher and Shannahan, but Gailey knows football. I'm not dissatisfied at all.