PDA

View Full Version : 6 O-Line protections

BidsJr
07-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Not sure how many were in the previous O's playbook, but this is a pretty good sign for a good o-line.

"It's definitely not an overcomplicated system," said quarterback Damon Huard, who played for Gailey in Miami and Kansas City. "I've been in an offense with 30 different protections. His probably has six or seven, which really at the end of the day might be all you need or is the way to go if you have a lot of young guys. He does a good job of changing up personnel groupings and formations to disguise his plays.

bflojohn
07-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Good find, this is football and, in my little world, it seems to me that NFL coaching staffs are overly exotic on the concepts of blocking and formations and alignments! Vince Lombardi said it best when he said something to the effect that the team that blocks and tackles the best... wins!! I'll take a fundamentally sound team every time.

PECKERWOOD
07-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Got to love our interior, realistically, although, Eric Wood may not be healed up, that's my major concern, we're well fortified in the center of the line even so.