• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I Want Answers - 7/26

Three questions - give it your best one sentence answer and then feel free to fork off discussions.

1. What does Jairus Byrd have to do or get better at to become an everyday safety?

2. What are you looking for in a #2 WR and who do you feel on the roster best fits that profile?

3. If you had one day to play for the Bills in training camp, what position would you play and why?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: I Want Answers - 7/26

1. Better run support. Although his injury last year could have affected that.
    2. Marcus Easley. Although he's a rookie, his combination of size (6'3" and 210#), speed (4.39), hands, and blocking ability, is the best on the team. Seeing as how they eschewed re-signing TO, presumably to go with a youth movement, I don't see why they wouldn't start Easley.
    3. Possession WR. I have okay speed, good hands, and can run precise routes.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Goobylal
      1. Better run support. Although his injury last year could have affected that.
      2. Marcus Easley. Although he's a rookie, his combination of size (6'3" and 210#), speed (4.39), hands, and blocking ability, is the best on the team. Seeing as how they eschewed re-signing TO, presumably to go with a youth movement, I don't see why they wouldn't start Easley.
      3. Possession WR. I have okay speed, good hands, and can run precise routes.
      1 and 2 I agree. To answer the what do I look for our of a #2, I would be happy with 60 catches 5 TD, and some 3rd down conversions.

3. I was going to say RB, because I would have the least chance of getting hit, but I think it has to be QB, just because I have control issues.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

1. What does Jairus Byrd have to do or get better at to become an everyday safety?
        He needs to become a much better tackler and he needs to stay healthy.

2. What are you looking for in a #2 WR and who do you feel on the roster best fits that profile?
        Way to early to tell but I am hoping that Hardy wasn't another wasted pick.

3. If you had one day to play for the Bills in training camp, what position would you play and why?
        I would play SS so Whitner can take his spot on the bench.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Notice how my response is clear and easily readable. But that's because I am awesome and I think about others...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Three questions - give it your best one sentence answer and then feel free to fork off discussions.

1. Run support.

2. Height, hands, speed, jumping, route running. Hopefully Easley can exhibit all of those.

3. QB, because even though I'm too old, under 6', and have a ****ty arm I've still got a shot to make the team.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

1. Improve his tackling
              2. Dependable hands & route running - Steve Johnson
              3. Punter - No one lays a hand on me and I leave early to steal all the jerseys in the locker room.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

1. Improve in wrapping up when tackling.
                2. Possession receiver that runs good routes and the QB trusts. I kind of like Steve Johnson.
                3. Probably free safety. It's only one day and I know I could get really hurt in that one day so I might be able to go on IR for the year and get a ring when we win the Superbowl this year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

1) Nothing. His playmaking skills more than overcome any flaws in his tackling techniques.

2) The ability to make plays in the red zone. Johnson might be best suited right now.

3) Dwarf trainer. Fits my skill set best.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

1. He has to make sure he is in better position on all plays.

2. The ability to go over the middle of the field and dominate on crossing routes, and I think right now at least that James Hardy.

3. QB, because we dont have a better option, so why the hell not give it my shot?
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dujek
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2008

1. Improve his tackling and general play in run support. It will come though, he's a genuine ball player.

2. Good hands, reliable, and a willingness to go over the middle and take punishment.

3. Strong Safety. Suits my skill set from years of playing rugby.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

1) Not sure what he could do better. Maybe a bit better in the run game?

2) Possession, Hardy fits the profile buy not sure he will be able to put it together though

3) Quarterback, So I would have the orange Jersey on and wouldn't get killed, AND I have a good arm.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

1. Run support should be the obvious answer here.

2. A good combination of size, speed, route running and play making ability. Right now on this roster not one of our wide receivers (aside for Evans) has proven anything. But, gun to my head, I'd say Easley is going to fit this mold extremely well. I think we got ourselves a steal and if early indications are correct, he may get his chance to start at some point this season.

3. Defensive end or OLB. It's what I used to play, and while my knees aren't up to par anymore I could probably get through one day in Bills camp playing my natural position. I just loved hitting the quarterback.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

1) He needs to get bigger, which is usually the issues with most rookies.

2) The number 2 guy has to allow Evans to not get doubled. This would be a shocker but I see Easley winning the number 2 spot sometime this season. I think Johnson will start there.

3) I'd play cornerback. I was fast in HS and was recruited to play WR but didn't have the hands. I should have stayed with it and played CB.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              1) He needs to get bigger, which is usually the issues with most rookies.

2) The number 2 guy has to allow Evans to not get doubled. This would be a shocker but I see Easley winning the number 2 spot sometime this season. I think Johnson will start there.

3) I'd play cornerback. I was fast in HS and was recruited to play WR but didn't have the hands. I should have stayed with it and played CB.
                              This is almost precisely what my answers would look like.

Comment

Working...
                              X