PDA

View Full Version : Bold prediction: we lose to Detroit this year.

OpIv37
07-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Also, Detroit returns to the playoffs before we do.

There, I said it.

Ebenezer
07-25-2010, 11:47 PM
bold? that really went out on a limb...try leaving the trunk of the tree next time.

better days
07-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Neither would be a shock to me. I do like Detroits QB.

Billz_fan
07-26-2010, 03:25 AM
I think Detroit takes a step forward this year. I like Stafford as a leader.

Night Train
07-26-2010, 05:38 AM
I take it Barry Sanders is coming out of retirement.

seanbillsfan
07-26-2010, 08:03 AM
I said that as soon as the schedule came out. Their team is better than ours is right now

Goobylal
07-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Maybe if the Bills had picked in the top-2 3 times in the past 4 years, they'd be better as well.

dannyek71
07-26-2010, 08:20 AM
The prediction that we loose to the 5th grade peewee team from North Tonowanda would not be a bold prediction this year.

ddaryl
07-26-2010, 08:27 AM
you know what would have been shocking.... OP prediciting anything semi-posiitve in this lifetime.

My bold predicition... We ***** slap Detroit this year

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 08:38 AM
The Bills will beat the Lions. And we are going to beat the Jets, Fins, and Pats at least once this year.

I don't think this team is as bad as the media thinks.

We finished 24th in the league last year with a crappy HC and what impact player did we lose in the off-season?

trapezeus
07-26-2010, 08:44 AM
The Bills will beat the Lions. And we are going to beat the Jets, Fins, and Pats at least once this year.

I don't think this team is as bad as the media thinks.

We finished 24th in the league last year with a crappy HC and what impact player did we lose in the off-season?

what impact player did we have last year? other than byrd, i'd say no one played particularly well. fred jackson did great as a back up takin ga starter role, but he also just barely got over 1000 hard earned yards.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2010, 08:48 AM
I know things have been bad for the Bills for several years, but the negativism here has become overwhelming. I first came on here years ago to root for my team, have some fun, and interact with other Bills' fans in a positive manner.

I think that is not possible anymore. And I like to win as much - and probably more - than most here. But the losing has taken all the fun and optimism out of many of you, and the doom and gloom element dominates.

We have made enough changes that some level of optimism should be observed here, but I just don't see it, and it really isn't fun to see nothing but negative crap from negative fans.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but coming on here now is like attending a funeral. There is enough unhappiness in life without visiting a fan message board that has nothing but disdain and dismal predictions.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
I know things have been bad for the Bills for several years, but the negativism here has become overwhelming. I first came on here years ago to root for my team, have some fun, and interact with other Bills' fans in a positive manner.

I think that is not possible anymore. And I like to win as much - and probably more - than most here. But the losing has taken all the fun and optimism out of many of you, and the doom and gloom element dominates.

We have made enough changes that some level of optimism should be observed here, but I just don't see it, and it really isn't fun to see nothing but negative crap from negative fans.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but coming on here now is like attending a funeral. There is enough unhappiness in life without visiting a fan message board that has nothing but disdain and dismal predictions.

Read my post and I'm considered one of the most negative on here.

The truth is that this place will be alot more fun when the Bills start giving us a reason. The mood was pretty good when 2008 started off.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 09:04 AM
what impact player did we have last year? other than byrd, i'd say no one played particularly well. fred jackson did great as a back up takin ga starter role, but he also just barely got over 1000 hard earned yards.

That's my point. We finished 24th with basically the same roster. We have a better coach, and a better scheme on D. The o-line will be better than last year, not great.

I think the biggest issue will be WR but may not matter based on the new offense that we are running.

Beebe's Kid
07-26-2010, 09:10 AM
We bare-ass spank Detroit, and 8 other teams.

I would ask who hurt you, but I know because they hurt all of us...all of us, I tell you. It's ok to be happy about something, or to be optimistic.

Not only will we make the playoffs before Detroit, but we'll make them this year, and Detroit will be drafting in it's customary 1-4 range.

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2010, 09:56 AM
i just saved this html address to throw it back in your face.

Philagape
07-26-2010, 10:01 AM

This is what happens when cheerleaders interact with non-cheerleaders.

I'm just baffled as to why you are surprised. Why should there be any benefit of the doubt for a franchise that has given us nothing but negative crap for a decade. That isn't any fun either.

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
if you're a fan you shouldn't piss and moan constantly. every year should consitute some level of optimisim. what fun is it to sit here and groan and moan day in and day out. you might as well take a dive off of the falls.

Philagape
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM

And do you have a reason why the prediction is so outlandish to deserve this kind of response? Can you offer some objective analysis instead of whining?

I may disagree with the prediction, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility and does not deserve this kind of insubstantial generalization about negativism.

BidsJr
07-26-2010, 10:14 AM
BOLD PREDICTION:

Win or loss this season OP will find something to ***** about every single week. Book it.

Philagape
07-26-2010, 10:20 AM
if you're a fan you shouldn't piss and moan constantly. every year should consitute some level of optimisim. what fun is it to sit here and groan and moan constantly. you might as well take a dive off of the falls.

Optimism needs to be earned. A fan can make objective predictions.

If a franchise has sucked constantly, then constant pissing and moaning is warranted.

BidsJr
07-26-2010, 10:25 AM

If a franchise has sucked constantly, then constant pissing and moaning is warranted.

Optimism needs to be earned? What a load of garbage.

You get to choose how to look at every situation. It is a personal choice. I choose to be optimistic because it makes enjoying the football season possible even when we are winning less than I would like.

It is nice that God gives us that ability because without it, life would be a continuous downer. When the chips are stacked against you can still stay motivated.

Philagape
07-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Optimism needs to be earned? What a load of garbage.

You get to choose how to look at every situation. It is a personal choice. I choose to be optimistic because it makes enjoying the football season possible even when we are winning less than I would like.

It is nice that God gives us that ability because without it, life would be a continuous downer. When the chips are stacked against you can still stay motivated.

You can choose whatever you want to be, and I have no problem with that.

All I ask is that those who don't share your viewpoint get extended the same courtesy.
I'm not attacking anyone, just defending those who do get attacked for this reason.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 10:38 AM
BOLD PREDICTION:

Win or loss this season OP will find something to ***** about every single week. Book it.

In fairness, OP backs up his stuff every season with facts and no one wants to listen until he's proven right usually in week 9.

He's a realist like me.

This is the same board that thought Bell was going to walk in last year and play better than Peters.

DraftBoy
07-26-2010, 10:44 AM
We very well could lose to Detroit, if Stafford takes a step forward they could be really good.

Keep in mind he is throwing to Calvin Johnson who none of our CB's can cover to begin with. If Pettigrew emerges as 2nd receiving option that helps a ton and Jahvid Best out of the backfield was a dynamic playmaker at Cal.

Keep in mind defensively they added Suh, KVB, and brought Corey Williams back to a 4-3 where he was a dominant force for GB. Also they have Cliff Avril who is an on the rise pass rusher who had 5.5 last year with only 11 starts.

justasportsfan
07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
If we lose to detroit then theres no way we can beat any of the AFCE teams. My bold prediction, we will have at least one win vs. a division rival. There, I said it.

justasportsfan
07-26-2010, 10:57 AM

OPtimism was earned the day we got rid of Jauron.

better days
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
In fairness, OP backs up his stuff every season with facts and no one wants to listen until he's proven right usually in week 9.

He's a realist like me.

This is the same board that thought Bell was going to walk in last year and play better than Peters.

Had Bell not been injured, there is no telling how well he would have played by the end of the year. I think most people expected him to develop as the year went on, not to be a pro bowl player from game one.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Had Bell not been injured, there is no telling how well he would have played by the end of the year. I think most people expected him to develop as the year went on, not to be a pro bowl player from game one.

Peters was good from the start but that's why he's an all pro.

Bell was terrible.

Dr. Lecter
07-26-2010, 11:33 AM

He's a realist like me.

Nobody said that. To claim that the board said that is moronic.

justasportsfan
07-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Nobody said that.To claim that the board said that is moronic.

nobody said HH isn't either.

ddaryl
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Bell was terrible.

I disagree.. the guy had some mental lapses but there is no reason why he still can't develope... I saw Bell hold his own in the opening week against NE... Made some mistakes at the end of the game but so did the majority of the team under Jauron... Last quarter chokes were the norm.

throwing Bell in at the end of camp switching OC's and expecting anything much different then what we got is insane....

bottom line is Bell and the entire OL was horrible because of the coaching and last minute FO decisions

the OL has been horrible for years because we have picked up horrible coaches with little to no pro Offensive coaching skills for years

better days
07-26-2010, 12:22 PM

Bell was terrible.

Peters had much more experience than Bell before he even started a game at LT & he did not play all that well for Philly last year.

Go on any Philly board, their fans are no longer thrilled with Peters like they were when the Eagles made the trade.

DrGraves
07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
sadly, i think there is a better chance this team gets moved out of town before we ever make the playoffs again.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Nobody said that. To claim that the board said that is moronic.

Dude, now you are not being fair. How many people said that Peters was overrated and that Bell could probably come in and do just as good a job?

Many did and to deny that just isn't accurate.

Alot were drinking Ralph-aid. Look at all of the crap I got about stating that the line would be terrible and we should have kept what we had.

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Peters had much more experience than Bell before he even started a game at LT & he did not play all that well for Philly last year.

Go on any Philly board, their fans are no longer thrilled with Peters like they were when the Eagles made the trade.

I was referring to Peters play in general. He played well on special teams, RG, RT, and LT. Bell was terrible.

elltrain22
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
They definetley have a good looking offense coming into this season. Don't think they're strong enough defensively to make the playoffs, this year, but they are a solid bet to win 8-9 games. And yeah, they'll beat us.

buffalobillsfan95
07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
i think we will destroy them this year...

we are a better team this year then last year

this year we acctually have a system

this year we acctually have a coach

this year we acctually have talent

are running game should be best in the league next year and we WILL have a better a better oline i believe because of the different weight training technique and now our rookies and second year players have exspirience. so if we could of beat them last year we should destroy them this year

PromoTheRobot
07-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Also, Detroit returns to the playoffs before we do.

There, I said it.

There's the Opi I remember. What? No 0-16?

PTR

Nighthawk
07-26-2010, 06:57 PM
We very well could lose to Detroit, if Stafford takes a step forward they could be really good.

Keep in mind he is throwing to Calvin Johnson who none of our CB's can cover to begin with. If Pettigrew emerges as 2nd receiving option that helps a ton and Jahvid Best out of the backfield was a dynamic playmaker at Cal.

Keep in mind defensively they added Suh, KVB, and brought Corey Williams back to a 4-3 where he was a dominant force for GB. Also they have Cliff Avril who is an on the rise pass rusher who had 5.5 last year with only 11 starts.

What are you talking about? Yes, I agree we very well might lose to the Lions, but this statement is pretty ignorant.

X-Era
07-26-2010, 07:07 PM
The Lions are a team on the rise... I expect them to get 5 to even 7 wins, IMO.

YardRat
07-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Bold = positive, like beating New England.

Predicting a loss = same old ****.

OpIv37
07-26-2010, 09:32 PM
bold? that really went out on a limb...try leaving the trunk of the tree next time.

Bold = positive, like beating New England.

Predicting a loss = same old ****.

Go check the prediction thread- most people are predicting that we beat Detroit.

OpIv37
07-26-2010, 09:36 PM

But we haven't made enough changes.

Second rate coach, lack of talent on the field, filling key holes with rookies or last year's back ups, Overdorf, Brandon, Modrak, Ralph- we've seen this script before. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice.... and the optimists have been fooled four times in the last decade. And I must admit I got fooled with you the first two times as well.

Dr. Lecter
07-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Go check the prediction thread- most people are predicting that we beat Detroit.
You're the homer with 5 wins. :homer: