PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 2010 Power Rankings

Zero
07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Just posted on ESPN, the current power rankings. Its interesting how low they place the Jets. Cant disagree on where the Bills are...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

DMBcrew36
07-26-2010, 01:18 PM
"The only thing the Bills can look forward to is the 2011 draft and a new quarterback. (Clayton) "

Agreed

The King
07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
The Bills will be better than the Raiders, Browns, Chiefs and the Lions.

I think a lot of people will be surprised at what a disciplined version of this team will do.

DMBcrew36
07-26-2010, 01:54 PM

I think a lot of people will be surprised at what a disciplined version of this team will do.

Well I look forward to being surprised. It can't get worse than Jauron.

ddaryl
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM

No ****... I have no doubts that we will be better then what the ESPN pundits predict...

HHURRICANE
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Again, the Bills finished 24th in the league last year. Better coach, a little better line, better D.

We are not going to finish worse.

The King
07-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Its easy to play the QB card for ESPN, but it's ignorant to ignore our backfields both offensive and defensive.

DrGraves
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
i know we won't be very good but this has consistently been a 6-8 win team for a while now... and i don't think we have gotten any worse from last year...

Beebe's Kid
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Ok.... I know everybody has been hurt...I have too.

The beginning of last year, we were thinking playoffs, or at least I was. We were close two years ago, and after starting 5-1 in '08 we looked to be on our way.

That was under Dick.

There is going to be a big ****ing difference between Dick and Chan. We will see a transformation like no other team in the league. I know he's not Cowher, and if he doesn't have a slobber-covered chin that you have seen on TV a bunch of times he must not be that good...you're wrong.

Before you pontificate about how he was our 15th choice, look at what the players and coaches that have been around Gailey have to say about him. You might have to actually read, and not just pop off at the mouth.

We will be better than the Great ****ing Gazoo said... We will be better than most people here think. There is a difference when you have a real coaching staff.

We'll see.

Don't Panic
07-26-2010, 03:19 PM
QB is secondary to O Line this year. If they play well, we're top 20 for sure, possibly top 16. I'm not surprised they picked us low... we are an easy target for a low rating as things stand today.

djjimkelly
07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
"The only thing the Bills can look forward to is the 2011 draft and a new quarterback. (Clayton) "

Agreed

we can only wish for once we can actually truly bad to get a qb but this team likes to 6-10 us and never get a real franchise player

1-15 to 3-13

or playoffs inbetween helps nothing!

ServoBillieves
07-26-2010, 03:54 PM
They're 100% right, I am not going to watch football this year and just wait til next years draft since all hope is lost on a team with brand new pretty much everything.

Go ESPN!

dannyek71
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
No way. I've already reserved my home playoff ticket for this year.

Ed
07-26-2010, 05:06 PM
The media loves to point out that we don't have a qb, but we haven't had a qb in years. To think that Chan's offensive coaching abilities is going to make this team worse then it was under Jauron is illogical. I'm not expecting playoffs this year, but I expect at least 6 wins again. We didn't make any splashy moves this off-season so the team is getting thrown in the dump by everyone else. That's cool with me though. I would love to be one of those surprise teams that pop up each year and crush expectations.

OpIv37
07-26-2010, 09:42 PM

yeah well, Navy, Army and Air Force are the 3 most disciplined teams in NCAA DI-A every year. Where does that get them?

And yes, I'm well aware that I'm leaving myself wide open for jokes about Navy's recent success against Notre Dame, but the point holds true. When was the last time any of those teams were in the top 25, let alone BCS contention?

Discipline without talent will lead to an occasional upset but it won't lead to long term success.

The King
07-27-2010, 07:20 AM
yeah well, Navy, Army and Air Force are the 3 most disciplined teams in NCAA DI-A every year. Where does that get them?

And yes, I'm well aware that I'm leaving myself wide open for jokes about Navy's recent success against Notre Dame, but the point holds true. When was the last time any of those teams were in the top 25, let alone BCS contention?

Discipline without talent will lead to an occasional upset but it won't lead to long term success.I didnt say we were going to the super bowl. I said we were better than four other crappy teams.

TigerJ
07-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Well I look forward to being surprised. It can't get worse than Jauron.The ESPN power rankings seem to project the Gailey coached Bills will be worse this year. So much depends on whether or not any of the Bills' QBs is salvageable as a starter in the league. The power ranking clearly assumes not. I really don't know, but I'm hoping for better.