PDA

View Full Version : Vendor inspection reports; FOOD SERVICE at the park

ddaryl
07-26-2010, 02:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5401646 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5401646)

Here it is a full listing of every professional venue in the USA and Canada and their

Vendor inspection reports

The complete list of stadium health inspection summaries, sorted by stat

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> jQuery.getScriptCache('http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/c/?js=espn.tools.r3.js', function() { espn.core.init.tools('5401646','http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5401646'); });</SCRIPT><CITE class=source>By Paula Lavigne and Lindsay Rovegno
ESPN

</CITE><!-- end mod-article-title --><!-- begin story body -->The following list is culled from inspection reports for MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL venues in the United States and Canada operating in 2009. Results based on most recent routine inspections or equivalent of a full inspection. The score is based on the percentage of vendors in violation of health requirements.

Florida

American Airlines Arena
Miami Heat
Vendors with critical violations: 93%
Inspection report excerpt: Critical violations included several safety issues related to electrical wiring and such equipment as gas boilers.

Amway Arena
Orlando Magic
Vendors with critical violations: 75%
Inspection report excerpt: At a location that sells fish, inspectors found potentially hazardous ready-to-eat food not consumed/sold within a week of opening/preparation.

BankAtlantic Center
Florida Panthers
Vendors with critical violations: 67%
Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors issued several violations for soiled ice bins and coolers.

Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
Jacksonville Jaguars
Vendors with critical violations: 77%
Inspection report excerpt: At least 11 locations cited for holding hot food at temperatures below 135 degrees, causing potential bacterial growth.

Raymond James Stadium
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Vendors with critical violations: 84%
Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found chicken tenders not being cooked to the required 165 degrees.

St. Pete Times Forum
Tampa Bay Lightning
Vendors with critical violations: 88%
Inspection report excerpt: At one location with five critical violations, an inspector saw an employee handle dirty dishes and then put away clean dishes without washing his/her hands or changing gloves. The same location lacked soap at a hand sink.

Sun Life Stadium
Miami Dolphins, Florida Marlins
Vendors with critical violations: 93%
Inspection report excerpt: In June 2009, an employee complained anonymously that small insects and other debris were blended into frozen alcoholic beverages at a stand where equipment wasn't being cleaned. When inspectors checked, they issued a critical violation for a buildup of slime inside the frozen drinks machine.

Tropicana Field
Tampa Bay Rays
Vendors with critical violations: 100%
Inspection report excerpt: Several violations addressed dirty countertops, utensils and equipment. Although every report indicated a critical violation, all vendors met basic inspection standards to keep operating.

BUFFALO NY

HSBC Arena
Buffalo Sabres
Vendors with critical violations: 8%

Inspection report excerpt: Two critical violations for having a toxic chemical in an unlabeled spray bottle.

Ralph Wilson Stadium
Buffalo Bills
Vendors with critical violations: 12%

Inspection report excerpt: In one case an inspector ordered workers at one stand to toss all hot dogs and sausages because they were too warm while waiting to be cooked.

I didn't check out all of the rankings... just thought I'd post this then pour a little salt in Dolphins fans .... food... which I would never think about eating after reading this.

Forward_Lateral
07-26-2010, 03:03 PM
I could've done without reading this.

X-Era
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Leave it to the Bills to find a new way to toss your wiener.

ddaryl
07-26-2010, 03:45 PM
I could've done without reading this.

when it comes to food sometimes ignorance is not bliss

Overall the Buffalo venues are top notch.... but there are many that are damn scary starting with the entire State of Florida's sports venues food service

sdbillsfan2
07-26-2010, 04:01 PM
This had to be my favorite comment after the article:

" LargoD85 (http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/LargoD85) (7/26/2010 at 1:13 PM)

So a DC fan, Ive been watching S.H.I.T and now I have been eating S.H.I.T???"

:tmi:

tampabay25690
07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
If you saw half the kitchens you ate at everyday you wouldnt eat there again.....
I see it everyday......
I was quite surprised on the STATE of Florida I have been in the Tampa Bay Bucs kitchens and they were spotless......Rays that doesnt surprise me at all......Old building....
Just remember every STATE has different standards for requirements....

I have worked in NY and Florida and you get written up for more down here....

G Wolly
07-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Are these percentages based upon one visit or multiple instances?

There's no way Chicago is as clean as Canada.

THRILLHO
07-26-2010, 06:00 PM
I would never send a dish of food back to the kitchen after watching the movie "Waiting"

tampabay25690
07-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I would never send a dish of food back to the kitchen after watching the movie "Waiting"

I was a CHEF for many years and unless its fine dining I recommenned you dont either...

JCBills
07-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I was a CHEF for many years and unless its fine dining I recommenned you dont either...
That's seriously so ****ty though. If someone can't get something right, the people putting money into the establishment that signs the paychecks have every right to send something back. God forbid someone does their job right, but that's where were are nowadays.

tampabay25690
07-26-2010, 08:29 PM
That's seriously so ****ty though. If someone can't get something right, the people putting money into the establishment that signs the paychecks has every right to send something back. God forbid someone does their job right, but that's where were are nowadays.

The worst are the CHAINS..
Cheap labor in the back so the higher ups make there bonus....

ddaryl
07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Are these percentages based upon one visit or multiple instances?

There's no way Chicago is as clean as Canada.

I think these are checks made at one time to all the vendors in a stadium / arena..

SO FLorida had about 90% of its vendors not up to par at a single inspection...

Scary

ddaryl
07-27-2010, 10:42 AM
The worst are the CHAINS..
Cheap labor in the back so the higher ups make there bonus....

you just described present day America and where we are headed.... :drive:

ddaryl
07-27-2010, 10:43 AM

I also know you don't want to be a cop and eat in certain establishments.... Oh the stories

DraftBoy
07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Why would anybody read this? If you dont know what you're getting with stadium food, you shouldn't be buying it.

I think it was pretty clear logically its going to be horrible for you and may have hit the ground 2 or 3 times.

LtFinFan66
07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5401646 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5401646)

Here it is a full listing of every professional venue in the USA and Canada and their

Florida

BUFFALO NY

I didn't check out all of the rankings... just thought I'd post this then pour a little salt in Dolphins fans .... food... which I would never think about eating after reading this.yeah...food quality in the stadium really hurts my feelings :rolleyes:

ddaryl
07-27-2010, 12:46 PM
yeah...food quality in the stadium really hurts my feelings :rolleyes:

Pretty sad when you aren't even slightly concerned about how pathetic Florida was in this department.

I think it's horrible and embarassing as an American but if I was a Florida sports team fan I would be livid and demanding sticter over sight to clean that mess up

Enjoy your game time food.... Nothing like ****ting your brains out on Monday

sdbillsfan2
07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
A thought just came to me................... People worry about the food being served in the stadium, but nobody worries about food being cooked on the hood of a car or shots from bowling balls and who know what else...
People should worry more about whats really in that hot dog more then the temperature it's held at .
it's part of life .. not pleasant and besides , enough alcohol can kill them nasty a$$ germs!

tampabay25690
07-27-2010, 01:50 PM
yeah...food quality in the stadium really hurts my feelings :rolleyes:

I will be honest with you I feel more comfortable eating at Dolphins stadium or whatever the hell its called now..... then at Ralph Wilson Stdium....Just being honest...

LtFinFan66
07-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Pretty sad when you aren't even slightly concerned about how pathetic Florida was in this department.

I think it's horrible and embarassing as an American but if I was a Florida sports team fan I would be livid and demanding sticter over sight to clean that mess up

Enjoy your game time food.... Nothing like ****ting your brains out on Mondaywhy would I be? Not like I eat in stadiums much anyway. And why would I give a crap as a fan of a team? I like the team for football, not the concession people they rent out to:idunno:

The main write-up for the Dolphin's joint was something to do with a drink making machine of some kind. Beer in a bottle....no worries

tampabay25690
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM

Enjoy your game time food.... Nothing like ****ting your brains out on Monday

See your a bit out of line......
Standards are way different in every state.....
The funny thing is you have no idea how each state runs there Health Department.

I KNOW for 100%%%% that when a health inspector goes into a establsihment in Florida they need to find at least 5-7 things that are wrong......
reason why I know that is because Im am State certified for Health in Florida.......

Could be straws with no wrappers, the ice bucket not hanging, the scoop is in the ice, gloves not being worn.....

ddaryl
07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
See your a bit out of line......
Standards are way different in every state.....
The funny thing is you have no idea how each state runs there Health Department.

I KNOW for 100%%%% that when a health inspector goes into a establsihment in Florida they need to find at least 5-7 things that are wrong......
reason why I know that is because Im am State certified for Health in Florida.......

Could be straws with no wrappers, the ice bucket not hanging, the scoop is in the ice, gloves not being worn.....

Maybe I am outta line... but the percentages scream massive failure....

gloves not being worn is HUGE !!!!

None the less the hot humid heat of florida is a worry for food contamination

tampabay25690
07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe I am outta line... but the percentages scream massive failure....

gloves not being worn is HUGE !!!!

None the less the hot humid heat of florida is a worry for food contamination

%% seems that there is a flaw in the system if you ask me.....
I worked for Deleware North as a manager right out of college. There #1 priority is safety.......
You mean to tell me that there facilities are that much worse in Flroida then they are in New York??
There is NO POSSIBLE WAY....

I understand that you are reading what the media writes but don't attack the State of Florida because there %% are higher. Standards are all mantained by each STATE...

tampabay25690
07-27-2010, 02:57 PM
To be honest there should be a 90-100%% in every state....
There is NO WAY in hell that the health inspector goes to each stand, or kitchen and doesnt find anything.....
If the numbers are that low maybe the state is doing a ****TY job in protecting the consumer did you ever think of it that way??????????

RockStar36
07-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Just don't eat at the stadium, problem solved.

I honestly don't think I've ever purchased food from either HSBC or RWS. I eat before the game and drink during the game.

ddaryl
07-27-2010, 03:09 PM
To be honest there should be a 90-100%% in every state....
There is NO WAY in hell that the health inspector goes to each stand, or kitchen and doesnt find anything.....
If the numbers are that low maybe the state is doing a ****TY job in protecting the consumer did you ever think of it that way??????????

I understand that you are reading what the media writes but don't attack the State of Florida because there %% are higher. Standards are all mantained by each STATE...

Nah it's just a florida thing..... :gosabres:

ddaryl
07-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Just don't eat at the stadium, problem solved.

I honestly don't think I've ever purchased food from either HSBC or RWS. I eat before the game and drink during the game.

the harbor club for Sabres games is pretty awesome .....

I usually stick with beer soda at venues and do my eating outside too

tampabay25690
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Nah it's just a florida thing..... :gosabres:

Hey Im a New York guy to just moved down South.
Media has definitely blown this up for reason at all......
But thats what the media does.....

RockStar36
07-27-2010, 03:27 PM
the harbor club for Sabres games is pretty awesome .....

I usually stick with beer soda at venues and do my eating outside too

I lied.

I totally forgot about watching a Sabres game in the luxury box. I ate their food...lots of it.