PDA

View Full Version : Two days to go for Spiller

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Ah shoot. Two days to go and we haven't heard anything about him signing yet.

We can't afford to have a hold out. Come one already, get it done people.

BillyT92679
07-27-2010, 07:20 AM
actually, he can hold out... he knows the playbook and the ramp-up time for an RB is short

Troupe can't hold out.

DraftBoy
07-27-2010, 07:22 AM
He's going to hold out, may be a week or two before you see much of any movement on him. Bradford's deal getting done will help a ton.

T-Long
07-27-2010, 07:31 AM
He'll be in don't worry...look at all the rest of the first rounders. 99% of them are still unsigned. RB is the easiest transition to the NFL IMO...so I don't worry about it all.

mrbojanglezs
07-27-2010, 08:02 AM
complimentary backs are more instinctive, as long as he stays studying the playbook he will be fine even if he comes in a week late, it could get complicated tho if gailey wants him to know a lot of receiver routes

Night Train
07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I'll stop coming here to read until he inks his contract.The redundant crying will serve no purpose whatsoever.

He could sign 48 hours before opening day and the Bills still could get a few big plays out of him immediately. Physically, the guy is off the charts and you can't teach open field ability like his.

Not worried at all.

superbills
07-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately, you can't force the market. And the Bills would be idiots to sign Spiller and wind up grossly over-paying for him if the rest of the first - round pieces don't fall into place first. I want him in here right now, but we have to be realistic about the "business-end" of the equation.

trapezeus
07-27-2010, 10:03 AM
i'd be more afraid of a guy who comes off as "me first, i need to be paid." or a player like a lineman, QB, MLB or DL who needs to know a good deal of pre-snap reads and/or needs to be directing traffic.

I think Spiller comes off as a smart, hungry guy who loves football. I think if he gets here a week late, he'll still be a workable component.

plus 80% of us think he's getting 10 snaps or so in the first game.

justasportsfan
07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
With Fred and Lynch, I'm not that worried.

sqad5
07-27-2010, 02:36 PM
I'll stop coming here to read until he inks his contract.The redundant crying will serve no purpose whatsoever.

He could sign 48 hours before opening day and the Bills still could get a few big plays out of him immediately. Physically, the guy is off the charts and you can't teach open field ability like his.

Not worried at all.
Train you are so right go bills

we are
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
what the hell takes so long with all this **** tho? why cant all the players start negotiations right away?

YardRat
07-27-2010, 06:14 PM
He'll miss at least a week...maybe two. If the guy is as good as some people think he is, it won't make a difference.