PDA

View Full Version : Chan Gailey Mic'd up....

Commissioner
07-27-2010, 07:52 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Chan-Gailey-Micd-Up/a97fdaeb-5ae8-46c2-8800-872d60050929

I like how encouraging he is to Roscoe Parrish.... he probably realizes that his talent hasn't been utilized correctly. No wonder Roscoe is optimistic about a new start.

jaycorp51
07-27-2010, 08:27 AM
I loved hearing how him and Buddy are so high on Eric Wood and his athleticism. Very encouraging to hear if he can come back and play like he was pre-injury.

Commissioner
07-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I loved hearing how him and Buddy are so high on Eric Wood and his athleticism. Very encouraging to hear if he can come back and play like he was pre-injury.

Sounds like he must be close to 100% the way he was all giddy about him.

Yasgur's Farm
07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Best thing I saw in that video... Or didn't see rather... NO ***** GOLF CLAP!!!

Night Train
07-27-2010, 09:21 AM
We all hope he can coach but as far as a speaker goes, Gailey is very convincing and could sell the pope a double bed.

superbills
07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
We all hope he can coach but as far as a speaker goes, Gailey is very convincing and could sell the pope a double bed.

:lolabove: Quote of the week!

Gailey certainly sounds the part. At the very least players have to be out there thinking, "where was this the last few years?" We'll have to wait and see if his coaching is effective, but his style and the way he holds guys accountable while giving praise where it is due is certainly a refreshing departure from Skeletor.

more cowbell
07-27-2010, 09:50 AM
wow we have a coach who speaks???

justasportsfan
07-27-2010, 09:55 AM
HOw does the coach not know the names of his players after all this time? What a douche.

/sarcasm.

BillsWin
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
That was great. I can't wait to see how he coaches training camp. Everyone takes it up a notch.

Commissioner
07-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Gailey certainly sounds like the type of coach players should respond to.

Commissioner
07-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Here's a video of a post game speech he gave at Georgia.... kind of a Dick Vermeil moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eh_C30SyIw

Jeff1220
07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
There was more on-field communication between coach & players in that one video than was evident throughout DJ's entire tenure w/the Bills.

plundar
07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I like the guy so far.

The Spaz
07-27-2010, 11:10 AM
it was already said but there was more talking and excitement in that 3 minute video that Jauron had his whole tenure here.

madness
07-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Sounds like he must be close to 100% the way he was all giddy about him.

"Did you watch film this morning? Eric Woods is an athlete. He makes us better *snaps fingers* like that."

Michael82
07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Wow...does anyone else get a woody from watching that? :rofl: I know it's early...but it seems like we finally have a head coach that can COACH! It's about time. I love hearing him give tips to the players and talking to the other coaches. It's a breath of fresh air. I couldn't wait until training camp before, but now I'm going to go nuts before Thursday! Hopefully I hear the pads hitting again, unlike the Jauron era. :pray:

Nighthawk
07-27-2010, 12:30 PM
After getting over the fact the Bills didn't get a big name, I have really liked what I've heard and seen out of Gailey. If anybody who posts here for the past few years can attest, it takes a lot for me to get excited about a coach and this guy just seems to have "it". Is he a big name? No. Is he the flashiest pick for HC? No. Is he exactly what this organization needed? IMO-Yes.

He definitely is a "coach" and he wants things done a certain way...what a change! This guy is a leader and you can tell the players can see that. Hopefully it will prove to be a step in the right direction towards a true rebuilding of this once proud franchise.

justasportsfan
07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Dick Mic'd up " Hey AVP, when the qb throws the ball ,is that called pass or a run?"

ghz in pittsburgh
07-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Jauron treat players like man. Gailey treat players like college students/players.

X-Era
07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Love the under his breath comment on Wood... Nix and Chan are big fans of Eric Wood obviously.

BigZ
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
I finally watched this and agree with most everyone's comments. Fantastic to hear the encouragement and participation he has in all aspects of the game.

I really liked the bit where he talked to the position coach about a player lining up wrong and being in a bad blocking stance.

It was also nice to see him encouraging Parrish.

I've been to training camp each of the last 5 years for at least one visit and didn't see Jauron participate in much. He just let his position coaches do all the coaching.

It looks like we have a guy who likes to coach.