Still think we should have drafted Cody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Still think we should have drafted Cody?

Ravens rookie NT Terrence Cody didn't pass his conditioning test for training camp and hasn't begun practicing.
    No further details are available, although Cody's weight has been an issue dating back to his JUCO and high school days. It's uncertain when he'll return.
    LINK
    I am The Batman.
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Still think we should have drafted Cody?

Many, many Bills fans should try some salt on their crow for lunch today, and remember this the next time they use past failure as a crutch for crotchety arguments.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I still wish we had done something about NT other than drafting Troup and signing Harvey. Cue "band aid on cancer" comment.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        I still wish we had done something about NT other than drafting Troup and signing Harvey. Cue "band aid on cancer" comment.
        We can't fill all positions in one year.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

I doubt his flunking the conditioning test really raises a red flag. The kid is a rookie and a NT, I'm sure he never had anything like a conditioning test at the start of camp before.

Personally, I'd rather have Code than Terrell Troup, but I think Cody is going to be a tremendous run-stuffer in the NFL. He won't ever play more than 50% of the snaps, but he will be an impact run defender.

I mean, Casey Hampton flunks the Steeler's conditioning test every year. I guess you wouldn't want him either? I know Ted Washington flunked the conditioning test at the start of camp in his one year with the Pats. Buffalo fans will remember how good he was.
          Last edited by Ickybaluky; 07-27-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Stewie
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by NE39
            I doubt his flunking the conditioning test really raises a red flag.
            I'm pretty sure failing a conditioning test is a red flag, whether you're a rookie, a vet, or a 45 year old dentist with a coronary.
            I love Weiner.
            also cheese

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by
              I'm pretty sure failing a conditioning test is a red flag, whether you're a rookie, a vet, or a 45 year old dentist with a coronary.
              No it isn't, especially not for a nose tackle.

The conditioning test is a series of sprints, and a lot of big guys flunk it annually. Doesn't mean they are not good players.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I doubt his flunking the conditioning test really raises a red flag. The kid is a rookie and a NT, I'm sure he never had anything like a conditioning test at the start of camp before.

Personally, I'd rather have Code than Terrell Troup, but I think Cody is going to be a tremendous run-stuffer in the NFL. He won't ever play more than 50% of the snaps, but he will be an impact run defender.

I mean, Casey Hampton flunks the Steeler's conditioning test every year. I guess you wouldn't want him either? I know Ted Washington flunked the conditioning test at the start of camp in his one year with the Pats. Buffalo fans will remember how good he was.
                For every Casey Hamptom, there are guys like Russell and Mike Williams (RT). Although they play different positions, you can't simply say, "that's nothing" either.
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-27-2010, 10:11 AM.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Stewie
                  • Aug 2002

We needed a competitive three-down DT, in the worst possible way. We got one. If we had a roster full of 3-4 DT's, maybe we could pick a fat kid with potential. But the same people ripping this team for other potential based picks ripped a young kid who can fill a current need and stay away from the buffet table. And an old GM who realized it.
                  I love Weiner.
                  also cheese

Comment

• Stewie
                    • Aug 2002

No it isn't, especially not for a nose tackle.

The conditioning test is a series of sprints, and a lot of big guys flunk it annually. Doesn't mean they are not good players.
                    I totally 100% disagree with you, and so does the NFL. In fact, they disagree with you so much that they fly out all the rookies to a big symposium every year, on their own dime, and try to teach them about life. How to handle themselves, women, money. The buffet table. And how they're under a microscope, from the public, the media, their team, and the league. Forgive my sarcasm, I know you know all of this, I"m just trying to be funny in a rude way.

You're talking about a 20 year old kid with a weight and conditioning problem. If you don't think that's a red flag, I don't think you know what a red flag is.

The prudent team will recognize it, and help him overcome it. And I'm sure he's doing pushups right now.
                    Last edited by Stewie; 07-27-2010, 10:19 AM.
                    I love Weiner.
                    also cheese

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      For every Casey Hamptom, there are guys like Russell and Mike Williams (RT). Although they play different positions, you can't simply say, "that's nothing" either.
                      I really don't see it as a big issue, it happens every year. It is a series of sprints, and a lot of big guys have trouble running it, especially if they never did it before and weren't prepared. It really isn't indicative of how good a player the guy is, especially a big guy. Walt Harris also failed the test today, BTW.

Antwoine Harris used to fail the Pats conditioning test every year, because he was a 235 lb. guy running sprints with guys a lot smaller. Damien Woody failed it several times with the Pats as well. Matt Roth failed the conditioning test at the start of camp in Miami. Larry Allen failed the conditioning test at the start of camp with the Cowboys when Parcells took over, and he is one of the best OL in NFL history.

Cody will probably miss a couple days of camp until he is able to pass it. Just like Ted Washington and Casey Hampton did, before they clogged up the middle for their teams. It is hardly a red flag. It is much ado about nothing.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by
                        You're talking about a 20 year old kid with a weight and conditioning problem. If you don't think that's a red flag, I don't think you know what a red flag is.
                        Was it a red flag with Casey Hampton?

Was it a red flag with Larry Allen?

Was it a red flag with Damien Woody?

This isn't the big deal you are making it out to be. He will get on the field soon and it will come down to whether he can play or not. To think whether a NT can run a series of sprints in a certain time is a red flag is silly. It is more like "Welcome to the NFL".

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          We can't fill all positions in one year.
                          And what positions did we fill this year? RB and.... RB. Great.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Cody will probably miss a couple days of camp until he is able to pass it. Just like Ted Washington and Casey Hampton did, before they clogged up the middle for their teams. It is hardly a red flag. It is much ado about nothing.
                            I could be wrong but I doubt Ted was overweight when he went to his first few camps. He most likely reported overweight when he was already a proven player. Cody hasn't even played a single down yet.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              And what positions did we fill this year? RB and.... RB. Great.
                              you may not like the who we drafted but we did grab some OL , and a couple of NT's ,lb'ers .
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X