PDA

View Full Version : How many POTENTIAL pro bowlers have we drafted in the past three seasons?

BillsWin
07-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I think quite a few actually looking back.

Keep in mind this hypothetical and just my opinion.

But Spiller has pro bowl written all over him, maybe not this season but soon enough.

I'm also high on some of our other draft picks this season but I think we need to see them on the field before we know what we've got.

Eric Wood (Did you hear Chan in that mic'ed up segment? He practically had a hard on for this kid.)
Jairus Byrd (Already a pro bowler)
Shawn Nelson (has potential)

Leodis McKelvin! (I think this kid is going to be an awesome force this year)

We've gotten some good young talent. Hopefully with good coaching we'll see them develop.

Mr. Pink
07-27-2010, 09:03 PM
1. Byrd.

Maybe Spiller as a returner. He won't get enough touches on offense to be a probowl caliber player.

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2010, 09:06 PM
McKelvin is going to be a stud in the 3-4 defense. An absolute stud.

Spiller has the talent.

I agree with Wood to0.

Clearly Byrd.

Not sure Nelson will ever be complete enough.

BillsWin
07-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Spiller has the talent.

I agree with Wood to0.

Clearly Byrd.

McKelvin might be second to Revis.

Am I exaggerating? Not one bit. I truly believe McKelvin will be one of the best cornerbacks in the league now that we've switch to a 3-4 with more man coverage.

That's his element. If this kid can stay healthy, watch out.

Wood is a beast. Hearing Chan talk about him like that almost made me get up and dance. Wood could be an absolute wrecking ball on the inside of our line for years.

Spiller has the talent, and Byrd is a stud.

The reason why I said Nelson is because I believe that he can be coached. His pass catching talents are already above average and with some solid positional coaching focusing on blocking he could be pro bowl caliber.

BillsWin
07-27-2010, 09:31 PM
1. Byrd.

Maybe Spiller as a returner. He won't get enough touches on offense to be a probowl caliber player.

Are you saying not once in his career will Spiller see enough touches to be probowl caliber?

You don't waste the 9th overall pick on a return man.

His rookie year may not see many touches, but he will see enough to be a probowler at some point in his career.

DraftBoy
07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
McKelvin might be second to Revis.

Am I exaggerating? Not one bit. I truly believe McKelvin will be one of the best cornerbacks in the league now that we've switch to a 3-4 with more man coverage.

That's his element. If this kid can stay healthy, watch out.

Wood is a beast. Hearing Chan talk about him like that almost made me get up and dance. Wood could be an absolute wrecking ball on the inside of our line for years.

Spiller has the talent, and Byrd is a stud.

The reason why I said Nelson is because I believe that he can be coached. His pass catching talents are already above average and with some solid positional coaching focusing on blocking he could be pro bowl caliber.

You should be ashamed of yourself for that statement, the kid isnt even top 10 AFC CB right now.

He has the talent to be maybe one day but is nowhere near close right now.

Wood
McKelvin
Byrd
Spiller

Four out of how many?

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2010, 09:38 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself for that statement, the kid isnt even top 10 AFC CB right now.

He has the talent to be maybe one day but is nowhere near close right now.

Wood
McKelvin
Byrd
Spiller

Four out of how many?

Our list matches!!!

I think that was BW's point. McKelvin has the talent to be that good.

DraftBoy
07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Our list matches!!!

I think that was BW's point. McKelvin has the talent to be that good.

Not what he said though.

Mr. Pink
07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Are you saying not once in his career will Spiller see enough touches to be probowl caliber?

You don't waste the 9th overall pick on a return man.

His rookie year may not see many touches, but he will see enough to be a probowler at some point in his career.

He's a player that will have as much impact as guys like Metcalf, Bush - both drafted high in the first round.

Do you view those two players as wasted picks?

I don't think he'll ever be a thousand yard back in this league, mainly because I don't see him ever getting 200+ carries in a season. And you're not gonna have a probowl RB who rushes for 500 yards and has 500 receiving yards.

BillsWin
07-27-2010, 09:41 PM
My point was he has the talent to be second to Revis. I mistyped.

DraftBoy
07-27-2010, 09:47 PM
My point was he has the talent to be second to Revis. I mistyped.

I dont think he does, because he's not as physical as Revis or Nnamdi in press coverage and is more of a gambler than both players are. He has a long way to go still, but he's getting better.

Im not as sold that the 3-4 will make him that much better this year, if anything it may hurt him as he is a gambler and will have to adjust his style being left out on an island in man to man more.

twintowers913
07-27-2010, 10:18 PM
You have to have Levitre on the list. He was probably the best lineman on the team last season. The guy doesn't get enough love.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
as far as potential pro bowlers... potential being the key word...

last 3 years...

wood
levitre
spiller
maybin
mckelvin
nelson
byrd

Ebenezer
07-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Spiller has the talent.

I agree with Wood to0.

Clearly Byrd.

Something tells me that McKelvin is dumber than a box of rocks and will never be a stud.

Spiller, Wood, Levitre and Byrd without doubt.

k-oneputt
07-28-2010, 01:22 AM
He's a player that will have as much impact as guys like Metcalf, Bush - both drafted high in the first round.

Do you view those two players as wasted picks?

I don't think he'll ever be a thousand yard back in this league, mainly because I don't see him ever getting 200+ carries in a season. And you're not gonna have a probowl RB who rushes for 500 yards and has 500 receiving yards.

If that's the case they could have just drafted Joe McNight in the 4th rd.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Please sell me on the idea that McLovin will someday be all pro i just dont see it am i missing something???? avarge at best.till i see otherwise.

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Something tells me that McKelvin is dumber than a box of rocks and will never be a stud.

Spiller, Wood, Levitre and Byrd without doubt.

The guy is not dumb.

He is not a good speaker. But he is not dumb

People keep saying that, but it simply is not true.

JCBills
07-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Jairus Byrd
Leodis McKelvin
Eric Wood
CJ Spiller
Shawn Nelson

Edit: Oh wait 3 seasons? I thought I saw "past few seasons" for some reason, fixed.

OpIv37
07-28-2010, 09:27 AM
If the NFL kept official stats on "Potential," we'd lead the league every year.

I'm sick of talking about potential. When do we get to talk about results?

Mike
07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
If the NFL kept official stats on "Potential," we'd lead the league every year.

I'm sick of talking about potential. When do we get to talk about results?

We don't ever talk about results because there are none.