PDA

View Full Version : I Want Answers - 7/28

Ebenezer
07-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Today's three questions:

1. What type of offense do you think Gailey will use? All out "greatest thrill on turf" or "3 yards and a cloud of dust" or something else.

2. On the flip side, what type of defense do you think the Bills will use. They have told us 3-4 but will the scheme really be.

3. Schobel - trade, retire or who cares?

BillsWin
07-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Today's three questions:

1. What type of offense do you think Gailey will use? All out "greatest thrill on turf" or "3 yards and a cloud of dust" or something else.

2. On the flip side, what type of defense do you think the Bills will use. They have told us 3-4 but will the scheme really be.

1. I think Gailey is going to revert back to the Pittsburgh days and run the football. But, I also think this offense will be a lot different than the ones he ran at other places. This will be his newest invention in my opinion. I think we'll see a lot more two back sets, tight ends being used, a lot more pre snap motioning and different lineups. I think we'll begin to see more play action as well, maybe some more rollouts to off set line issues. I think we are going to run to set up the pass and there will be more shots down field. Maybe not 60 yard shots, but I think strategic 30-40 yard strikes will be re-occurring tendencies in Gailey's offense. It will be more interesting than year's past, and more than likely improved.

2. I think this question's answer depends on two key players. Troup and Maybin. If the two contribute early and often, and Maybin can provide consistent pass rush from that OLB spot, I think we go for a true, two-gap 3-4 scheme. That being said, Troup IS a rookie and Maybin IS switching positions. So I think we'll see a lot of Kyle Williams to start and we'll run more of a one-gap 3-4 system with some 4 man fronts sprinkled in. But, hey if Troup is a stud right out the gates which could happen and Maybin is a stud at OLB, we'll probably play that two-gap scheme and switch up the linebackers a bit, keep them moving and keep the offense on their toes.

3. I think in the end he'll come back for one more go. His recent comments were really telling and I think although he may have believed he was ready for retirement, he is getting that training camp itch and wants to put the pads on again. Probably one last time.

DraftBoy
07-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Today's three questions:

1. A hybrid spread offense, lots of multiple looks and formations. Not quite Martz like but something innovative.

2. 3-4 man to man cover on the outside. Attacking with LB blitzes, delayed blitzes, and zone blitzes to keep teams guessing.

3. Retire

YardRat
07-28-2010, 05:20 AM
1-Back to basics. Few plays, but run with different formations, motion, etc, emphasize on the run but savvy enough to be more adept at sprinkling in the pass to keep the defense off balance.

2-3-4, combo man and zone. Run first, pass second. The biggest factor will be who the fourth rusher and fifth blitzer will be and from what positions they come from.

3-Retire.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-28-2010, 06:19 AM
1. Run-heavy. This team lacks the weapons to pass effectively and Gailey will, as he has done in the past, tailor the offense to the team's needs.

2. 3-4, with somewhat more of a zone coverage in the secondary, again playing to strengths.

3. At this point, with all the drama, who cares?

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Today's three questions:

I think it will depend on who wins the starting job. If it turns out to be Edwards, you will probably see a version of a west coast style offense with a little more emphasis on the running game, and receivers being expected to move the ball with yards after the catch. If it turns out to be Brohm, I would imagine it would be more of a spread type offense. It would probably resemble what they had in KC when Thigpen was the QB there. I think Fitzpatrick is going to end up either the number 2 QB or end up being released altogether.

The defense will base out of the 3/4, but as the season goes on, and they become increasingly more comfortable with it, you may see a lot of different looks from 3/4 and 4/3 in the same game. The DC will call it based on the strengths of the players on defense.

I think Schobel will wait till the last minute, then will come back, but he is going to have a hard time finding ways to get on the field. This is all based on my opinion though.

Night Train
07-28-2010, 11:34 AM
1. The O will probably feature a lot of swing passes to the RB's, I'm guessing. This could help open the seam route up for the TE and the occasional shot downfield to Evans. I don't see it too run heavy.

2. I think the D will be a hybrid 3-4 with lots of rotational players coming in and out of the front 7.

3. I think Schobel wishes he was on another team but may think that no 2011 season will be played,.. so he comes back to compete for 1 more year ($$) before actually retiring.

User Manuel
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Today's three questions:

1) probably closer to 3 yards and a cloud of dust with alot of screens and moving pockets mixed in.

2) 3-4 with lots of blitzing

3) I think he is angling for a trade.

ServoBillieves
07-28-2010, 01:31 PM
1. I don't see a greatest show on turf, but I do see a mismatch philosophy in place. I think where as most teams have 1 RB we will see a lot of players in motion, a lot of 2 back sets, and a lot of use of Freddy with some attempts to get his new toy CJ on some hit and run (sorry Marshawn, no pun intended), homerun type plays. I think when we use a passing game it'll be the typical "50 yard over the shoulder at least twice a game to Lee Evans" but a lot of 5 yards and in/Tight End stuff. Chan's been in a lot of run heavy offenses so I'm just guessing with the passing.

2. With a team that's coming out of the 4-3 I think there's a world of opportunities with this defense. I think there can be some confusion, some 4-3 plays, some cover 2 stuff, but primarily test the deep end with the 3-4 set while developing K.W. and Troupe (maybe Harvey) to manhandle the Nose.

3. Who cares in my book. He's not Brett F. (I still refuse to use his name) and can't just jump back in to a brand new system when he wants to. Where does he fit on this team when Kelsay knows the playbook and can start (shudder) and Maybin is probably the best man for the job on the other side for blitzing? If he comes back, good for him, but enjoy being a rotational OLB. If we trade him, good for him, we get something out of it. If he retires, good for him, he had a great stay in Buffalo and just maybe someday will be up on the Wall of Fame. Projected year 2029

acehole
07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
He is a freak when it comes to formations...there will be a ton....but I bet the plays are fundamental. Look for some trickery...but I bet it is like denvers system as far as zone blocking and running game...we will use Tight End more in passing game . It will be typical run to set up pass but hopefully not as predictable as fairchilds...as we ran in running formations and passed in passing formations. I think we will see some two back sets to help hide run plays and pass plays and they would be crazy not to have some 3-4-5 wr sets as we have some good players there. Slants, skinny posts, wr screens and crossing routes would be perfect for trent as he has to trust his wrs on those routes....(No choice). Part of his problem (Opposite JP) is he did not trust his wr to make plays. As far as running game Dallas had some counter trey.... and plenty of swing passes to the backs....delays and short ****. But they had a very different blocking system as they had maulers vs denvers light quick zone blockers so big question mark.

Defense will depend on defense and how much they pick up....but they would be silly not to use both 3-4 and 4-3...I think statistically we will be better against the run....but the big if is pass rush and can we get enough of it to help the heavy man to man that the 3-4 utilizes...as you cant cover a guy forever in it. Esspecially against Tom Brady. So If am gailiey I blitz like **** for all and any positions to keep Brady's head on swivle...otherwise we will be talking draft by Oct 1.

Schobel plays..but that isnt saying much.

Today's three questions: