PDA

View Full Version : Maybin..... What is up with the guy?

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Has anyone heard anything about him, or his progress in the shift to OLB?

mikemac2001
07-28-2010, 11:11 AM
his madden rating sure sucks

thats all i have seen from him lately

Night Train
07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
You'll see him immediately if he makes a tackle or knocks down a pass. He'll spend the next 3 minutes doing a rain dance. Pack a poncho.

It's all a guess right now but the 3-4 seems like a gift for his skill sets. He better take advantage of it.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2010, 11:30 AM
he looks like a high schooler when on the field with his teammates. i don't expect much from him.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2010, 11:31 AM
he looks like a high schooler when on the field with his teammates. i don't expect much from him.
Explain this.

Why does he look like a High schooler?

OpIv37
BUST

FlyingDutchman
Too early man....Training camp just started and OTAs is nothing worth putting stock into

Tatonka
07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
wow.. people yelling bust already.. pretty funny.

if they started spiller at QB this season.. i bet you would call him a bust after you saw his passer rating.. so would that be spillers fault that he was put in a position that there was no way he could exceed in?

this year will be a much better indication. he may very well be a bust, but there is no way to tell that based on last year.. no way at all.

mikemac2001
07-28-2010, 12:55 PM
ill give him a chance but man his madden rating pissed me off he was so out of position last year in the 4-3 and they drop him down, he is an edge rusher perfect for 3-4

Turf
07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
What the hell is there to see? Non ones' playing football.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Explain this.

Why does he look like a High schooler?

he looks like skinny steve erkel out there. everyone else is big

ddaryl
07-28-2010, 01:17 PM
how about we wait for training camp to begin....

LB's aren't judgeable till the pads are on.

justasportsfan
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
how about we wait for training camp to begin....

Na, Spiller is a bust too.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
busty mcbusterson

DMBcrew36
07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
wow.. people yelling bust already.. pretty funny.

if they started spiller at QB this season.. i bet you would call him a bust after you saw his passer rating.. so would that be spillers fault that he was put in a position that there was no way he could exceed in?

this year will be a much better indication. he may very well be a bust, but there is no way to tell that based on last year.. no way at all.

GET REAL. Seriously.

No one is calling Spiller a bust. People know this kid is a stud.

From the time Maybin was picked, most of us knew the kid was overrated and undersized. There's a reason most of us wanted Orakpo. Maybin was a turd in year 1. We are changing systems to what should help him and he BETTER perform, or else 'bust' will be perfectly acceptable to describe him. He was not picked and is not being paid to be a mediocre turd, which, calling him such would actually be an upgrade from his rookie season.

Don't compare people calling him a bust to Spiller - that's just assinine. Spiller has nothing to do with arrogant turd Maybin.

And I'll eat crow if Maybin outperforms this year, but I think an apocalypse is more likely. Spiller, on the other hand, if healthy, will be a stud.

Mike
07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Where are all of his defenders? Last year, when some of the boarders were astounded with the pick, a large portion of this board defended it.

Obviously he is not a Bust yet, but sure seems like we could have Picked a Much Better player, and it was not rocket science either. Most NFL Fans wanted Orakpo, or Ohare, Maybin was the one year wounder who was way too light.

Taking Maynin so high in the first was like the Raiders taking a Kicker in the first round, just stupid.

Mike
07-28-2010, 01:52 PM
GET REAL. Seriously.

No one is calling Spiller a bust. People know this kid is a stud.

From the time Maybin was picked, most of us knew the kid was overrated and undersized. There's a reason most of us wanted Orakpo. Maybin was a turd in year 1. We are changing systems to what should help him and he BETTER perform, or else 'bust' will be perfectly acceptable to describe him. He was not picked and is not being paid to be a mediocre turd, which, calling him such would actually be an upgrade from his rookie season.

Don't compare people calling him a bust to Spiller - that's just assinine. Spiller has nothing to do with arrogant turd Maybin.

And I'll eat crow if Maybin outperforms this year, but I think an apocolypse is more likely.

Now that is BS!
Most Boarders DEFENDED the pick.

If he becomes an ok player, you would still be eating crow, but if he ever outperforms Orakpo, than I will be eating Crow.

He was the first DE taken, he should outperform all other DE to legitimize his position. Obviouolsy most of us, I hope, would take Orakpo know what we know, only a few of us weren't dumb enough not to see this 1yr ago.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2010, 01:54 PM
he looks like skinny steve erkel out there. everyone else is big
Was that this year at the mini camps? I agree he looked ridiculous at D end. I would have to think he is as big as most linebackers though.

mayotm
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Was that this year at the mini camps? I agree he looked ridiculous at D end. I would have to think he is as big as most linebackers though.No. His size is fine for an OLB.

SaviorEdwards
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
he's got a good build for a WR

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2010, 02:18 PM
He does?

ddaryl
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Now that is BS!
Most Boarders DEFENDED the pick.

Ummm actually it was most who were upset with this pick with Oher and Orakpo still on board :star:

SquishDaFish
07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Alot of people are going to be eating crow when he has 8+ sacks and looks good out there. I think hes going to be a BEAST for us now that he is put in a position to succeed

BillsWin
07-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I heard he was named one of Sporting News breakout players.

Mad Bomber
07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Ummm actually it was most who were upset with this pick with Oher and Orakpo still on board :star:
I wanted Oher.

Of course, I also wanted Dallas Clark instead of McGahee, and Nick Mangold (when we traded up) instead of John McCargo...

The last buffalo fan
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
He will take finallly the jills to the next level!!! :gobills:

tampabay25690
07-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Has anyone heard anything about him, or his progress in the shift to OLB?

Doesn't training camp start tomorrow?

k-oneputt
07-28-2010, 04:30 PM
I wanted Oher.

Of course, I also wanted Dallas Clark instead of McGahee, and Nick Mangold (when we traded up) instead of John McCargo...

Why stop there ? McKinnie over the big baby, Ngata over the big mouth. Any wonder this team has sucked for ten years.

madness
07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Doesn't training camp start tomorrow?

Yes and he still won't sack a QB.

TacklingDummy
07-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Considering all the players who were drafted AFTER Maybin in the 1st round, he's a BUST.

TacklingDummy
07-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I think hes going to be a BEAST for us now that he is put in a position to succeed
Lining up over the line of scrimmage behind the OL in an offside penalty.

Bravo82
07-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Has Maybin posted any more shirtless pics on twitter with that #3 guy? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

BertSquirtgum
07-29-2010, 02:22 AM
the dude was another waste of a first round pick

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2010, 07:54 AM
My God people. Can we focus on what we have over what we don't. Stop crying over ex girlfriends for christ sake.

He may never live up to the pick but that doesn't mean he can't produce something. The move to OLB is a perfect match for his skill set.

I know practice starts today but there have been mini and rookie camps and not much was said of Maybin.

madness
07-29-2010, 08:06 AM
My God people. Can we focus on what we have over what we don't. Stop crying over ex girlfriends for christ sake.

He may never live up to the pick but that doesn't mean he can't produce something. The move to OLB is a perfect match for his skill set.

I know practice starts today but there have been mini and rookie camps and not much was said of Maybin.

I didn't see many (if any) mentions of him getting beat in coverage and until they are actually able to hit a QB...

I do remember reading Torbor was stealing some of his reps though.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2010, 08:19 AM
I didn't see many (if any) mentions of him getting beat in coverage and until they are actually able to hit a QB...

I do remember reading Torbor was stealing some of his reps though.
I am happy we have Torbor. The more depth the better IMO.

OpIv37
07-29-2010, 08:32 AM

The Bills are still losing as a direct result of the bad decisions leading to us not having Orakpo, Oher, Mangold, etc.

It's easy to stop crying over an ex girlfriend after you start getting laid again.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
The Bills are still losing as a direct result of the bad decisions leading to us not having Orakpo, Oher, Mangold, etc.

It's easy to stop crying over an ex girlfriend after you start getting laid again.
Who cares though? Nothing can be done about that.

I want to know what is going on with the player the team actually has. I want to know his progress, or lack there of.
If you can't discuss that get the **** out of my thread.

Bill Cody
07-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Ah that explains why you're such a *****. Here maybe this will help.
http://www.eharmony.com/ :snicker2:

Mike
07-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Ummm actually it was most who were upset with this pick with Oher and Orakpo still on board

What are you talking about? All the board does is defend the bills suckie pick, year after year and talk about how this year will be different and how these picks have potential.

Mike
07-29-2010, 01:11 PM
there were only a few upset posters, the majority defended the pick arguing the same damn thing,
1) the bills FO knows more than we do
2) you never know, its a crap shoot
3) so and so has tremendous upside
4) we already took so and so, so give it up
5) heinsight is 20/20, all teams make mistakes in draft, so it was normal
6) its coaches fault players are not performing

Bottom line is always the same, we take the wrong players at the wrong times in the draft. This year you could argue that our 1st 2picks were ok at best. Troup had a 4th round grade on him, and we did not need a rb. We still have not addressed the major needs of this team: O-Line, D-Line, WR, QB, etc... and the result will be worst. We will suck more this year than we did last year!

The dysfunction at one bills drive is just as pervasive this year as it has been for the last 10yrs. The only hope we have, is falling into the top3 of the draft and getting a Manningesque type of player....

Electrici
07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
I dunno, you can't argue anything about this years draft as no games have been played. What's so hard to believe that on a Bills fan board, people are defending their picks? I'm sure some people liked some of the picks and some people didn't, you're going to hear both sides of the story. Probably more defending of the pick as this is a Bills fan board!

Bottom line, I think you have to wait a few years to analyze a particular year's draft not just one or two seasons. But that's just my opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
there were only a few upset posters, the majority defended the pick arguing the same damn thing,
1) the bills FO knows more than we do
2) you never know, its a crap shoot
3) so and so has tremendous upside
4) we already took so and so, so give it up
5) heinsight is 20/20, all teams make mistakes in draft, so it was normal
6) its coaches fault players are not performing

Bottom line is always the same, we take the wrong players at the wrong times in the draft. This year you could argue that our 1st 2picks were ok at best. Troup had a 4th round grade on him, and we did not need a rb. We still have not addressed the major needs of this team: O-Line, D-Line, WR, QB, etc... and the result will be worst. We will suck more this year than we did last year!

The dysfunction at one bills drive is just as pervasive this year as it has been for the last 10yrs. The only hope we have, is falling into the top3 of the draft and getting a Manningesque type of player....
I don't know why you felt the need to post this. It wasn't what I was asking about or hadn't read 500 times already. It was a waste of a post. I want to know what this player is looking like at this current time.

justasportsfan
07-29-2010, 02:55 PM
there were only a few upset posters, the majority defended the pick arguing the same damn thing, ....

with all due respect mike , I have yet to see anyone post this ...:D

5) heinsight is 20/20,

Troup had a 4th round grade on him, and we did not need a rb.....
Troup had a 3rd round grade but then again Russell had a 1st round grade and everyone passed on Byrd.

We still have not addressed the major needs of this team: O-Line, D-Line, WR, QB, etc... and the result will be worst..... we did but you don't like what we did. Do you thinkk Claussen or McCoy could have beaten out the qb's we have or were you hoping for an FA qb?

We will suck more this year than we did last year! ....Maybe we will , maybe we won't but at least we don't have Dick.

The dysfunction at one bills drive is just as pervasive this year as it has been for the last 10yrs. ....actually we grabbed the best player available.Spiller. Thats not something we did that last 10 years.

The only hope we have, is falling into the top3 of the draft and getting a Manningesque type of player....

There hasn't been a Manningesque type of player for quite sometime now and I doubt there is one next year.

Ben isn't exactly a Manning and Brees wasn't drafted in the top 3.