PDA

View Full Version : Billieve.org

UltimateBillsFan
07-28-2010, 12:04 PM
A site was recently set up by three brothers as a camapign to keep the Bills in Buffalo. On the site is a petition (which takes all of two minutes to fill out) and I encourage all Bills fans, or just football fans for that matter, to sign this petition and help do your part in keeping the Bills where they belong.

http://www.billieve.org

There is also a video about the purpose for this campaign which all Bills fans will enjoy. If this video doesn't give you goosebumps, then you don't have a heartbeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vGwJNjeO04&feature=player_embedded

SeatownBillsFan21
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I didnt know we were leaving... but yeah i will sign

BloFan4Life
07-28-2010, 12:31 PM
That video is worth watching. They did an excellent job on it.

OpIv37
07-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I didnt know we were leaving... but yeah i will sign

nothing is imminent but the signs aren't good.....

ddaryl
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
signed it, but I also beleive this campaign is useless.

Ralph will do what's best for Ralph and nothing else no matter what we say do or ask.

better days
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
signed it, but I also beleive this campaign is useless.

Ralph will do what's best for Ralph and nothing else no matter what we say do or ask.

I disagree. The Browns fans rallied & were able to keep the Browns team history in Cleveland, unlike Baltimore which lost it's history when the Colts moved.

If enough fans let the NFL know how much the Bills mean to Buffalo, & to fans all over the Country, I think it will hold sway with the NFL.

ddaryl
07-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I disagree. The Browns fans rallied & were able to keep the Browns team history in Cleveland, unlike Baltimore which lost it's history when the Colts moved.

If enough fans let the NFL know how much the Bills mean to Buffalo, & to fans all over the Country, I think it will hold sway with the NFL.

yeah and then they had to wait for an expansion team to open up years later before they got their team back...

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
OMG I was going to roll my eyes at this idea and laugh at it.

Then I watched the video.

Yep. Goosebumps and slightly choked up.

:gobills::gobills::gobills:

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2010, 02:19 PM

What do the fans have to do with anything? It comes down to money

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Love the video though!!!! :bf1:

hydro
07-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Figured it took about 2minutes to fill out. Can't hurt...

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't see anywhere on the site that shows the actual petition.

better days
07-29-2010, 08:36 AM

Without fans, the money goes away, there is no sport. The NBA has been losing fans over the years & now it's reported that most NBA teams are losing money.

Baseball has been losing fans & this year, the NFL for the 1st time ever will play a Sunday night game against the World Series. When the NFL has better ratings that night, it will affect the money baseball gets in the future.

northernbillfan
07-29-2010, 08:40 AM
What do the fans have to do with anything? It comes down to moneyFans have everything to do with campaigns like this. If no one signed the petition, then people would think nobody cared whether the Bills stayed or moved.

Fans spend the money to make teams functional. Fans go to the games. Fans care about teams and showing passion about your team is what being a fan is all about.

northernbillfan
07-29-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't see anywhere on the site that shows the actual petition.Follow the "sign the petition" link (http://www.billieve.org/petition.html) on the front page.

Ed
07-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I agree unfortunately. The NFL and everyone else already knows that Buffalo has great fans and are really passionate about their team. But that's not going to stop the NFL from doing what's best for the league financially. Losing the Bills would be devastating to Buffalo, but at the end of the day the NFL would continue to thrive and grow without a team in Buffalo. However, I do believe Goodell when he says he doesn't want to see the Bills ever leave. I don't know if that matters though.

SabreEleven
07-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Too bad 95% of that video was well over 10 years old :ill: I'm bitter but I still love, want and need the Bills here.

raphael120
07-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Too bad 95% of that video was well over 10 years old :ill: I'm bitter but I still love, want and need the Bills here.

Yeah the only parts that got me emotional were all the images of the 90s.

Everything with the current players like Edwards made me cringe and get mad that we've come from that glory of the 90s to now. I think it's why fans of Buffalo still care, they keep holding onto the 90s and hope it'll come back to that. Will always be like that until we find a QB we can get behind like Kelly. We need our Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees...

Coming on 15 years since Kelly-era. I wonder when I have kids years from now if they'll even care about the Bills if they're still around and if the Bills will be any good. I find it hard to convince a kid to root for a team that is so far removed from the glory years. At least I was old enough to remember the early 90s.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Follow the "sign the petition" link (http://www.billieve.org/petition.html) on the front page.
I was talking about reading it or actually seeing how many people had signed it.

trapezeus
07-29-2010, 11:51 AM
the money is in the TV contracts. however, the long term success of football depends on the rustbelt city fans who show up all the time. they arrange their life around t he game. that's why tv puts the money down. you disenfranchise enough of the base fans, they'll leave the game.

if the bills move, i'm done with the NFL. like a switch. i won't watch it. i put in too much time to follow some other hack team.

the NFL can tell themselves they do this for the money, but they'll be killing their golden goose and traveling a very bad path. but no one can tell them that. they seem intent to find that out themselves.