PDA

View Full Version : Poz had groin surgery in offseason, will be limited

Coach Sal
07-28-2010, 03:24 PM
"LB Paul Posluszny had offseason groin surgery and will be limited the first couple weeks of camp"

via BB text.

hydro
07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
You are too fast for me Sal. Good thing I checked first!

wmoz11
Cue the haters.

we are
will he atleast do some practicing?

hydro
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
will he atleast do some practicing?

Says limited. Meaning he will probably be there but won't compete in all drills.

we are
07-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Says limited. Meaning he will probably be there but won't compete in all drills.

yeah, we'll see how much he actually does before i panic at all. Poz is one of the few players who can actually afford to miss some time.

ddaryl
07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
non story just something ot be aware of

DraftBoy
07-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Great news for Arthur Moats!

HHURRICANE
07-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Donte Poluszney

k-oneputt
07-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Nothing new. When hasn't he been injured since he arrived ?

The last buffalo fan
07-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Nothing new. When hasn't he been injured since he arrived ?

Check your notes please before making any comment, this is his first injury ever.................. in the offseason! :ill:

more cowbell
07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
he is just as injury prone as Edwards...pretty sad

k-oneputt
07-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Check your notes please before making any comment, this is his first injury ever.................. in the offseason! :ill:

You are right. His annual season injury is yet to come.

trapezeus
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
i guess the conditioning did help poz.

keep our fingers crossed. we need this guy in our front 7 and we need him to be an anchor to the defense in run support.

if this surgery was just something that came up, fine it is what it is.

if this surgery is due to a tear in the last couple weeks, he is getting closer and closer to bust status.

wmoz11
07-28-2010, 04:50 PM
"I had to have a procedure done on my groin and I'm going to be limited the first couple of weeks of camp," said Posluszny. "I feel great now and I feel fine, but the trainers want to take it slow and make sure everything heals properly so I'm 100 percent for the season."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Poz-to-be-limited-to-start-camp/5b4a4a95-6deb-47a5-a54f-0a891f57d036

YardRat
07-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Did he have balls added?

The last buffalo fan
07-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Did he have balls added?

That is correct Sir, so the lickers can have more room this year to enjoy.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Much rather it be training camp than the regular season, I could careless

OpIv37
07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Much rather it be training camp than the regular season, I could careless

yeah, why would we want the MLB usually called the "QB of the defense" to be practicing when we're switching systems on D?

hydro
07-29-2010, 10:53 AM
yeah, why would we want the MLB usually called the "QB of the defense" to be practicing when we're switching systems on D?

Remember we have TWO starting now :up:

And correct me if I am wrong. But I believe I remember reading that Poz wasn't making the defensive calls this season...

Italian Stallion
07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
yeah, we'll see how much he actually does before i panic at all. Poz is one of the few players who can actually afford to miss some time.

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Uhh he is? Last I checked this chump can't stay healthy and we are switching to an entirely different defense this year. Reps with the pads on at practice and preaseason games under the hot sun is where the real work comes in....none of this OTA/minicamp/coddle garbage.

Just because he has a "cool" nickname (not really) doesn't make him a player that can "afford" to lose some time, as if he were a grizzled vet like a Brian Urlacher or even Takeo Spikes.... Posluszny is a very AVERAGE MLB in the COVER 2 DEFENSE. He's currently proven nothing in this league in the 3-4. He needs to quit playing dress-up and hosting tea parties and get his ass on the field...and keep it there.

That is all.

wmoz11
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I've never seen such hate for a player with back to back 110 tackle seasons. Yeah, he got hurt last year. He broke a bone. How does that make him a pussy? He wasn't sitting out with bruised ribs.

And he STILL only missed 4 games.

I'm convinced certain posters on here just hate on players like Schobel, Poz, etc. solely because other people like them.

DraftBoy
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I've never seen such hate for a player with back to back 110 tackle seasons. Yeah, he got hurt last year. He broke a bone. How does that make him a pussy? He wasn't sitting out with bruised ribs.

I'm convinced certain posters on here just hate on players like Schobel, Poz, etc. solely because other people like them.

London Fletcher was a Bill many were very critical of despite high tackle numbers every year.

wmoz11
07-29-2010, 11:28 AM
London Fletcher was a Bill many were very critical of despite high tackle numbers every year.

Yeah, and we all see how pathetic that was now that he's still tearing it up.

OpIv37
07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Remember we have TWO starting now :up:

And correct me if I am wrong. But I believe I remember reading that Poz wasn't making the defensive calls this season...

I think Andra Davis is going to be doing it initially, but Poz will need to take over at some point.

OpIv37
07-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Eh, you're on the right track but you're a little confused.

The problem is that there are a bunch of homers on this board who overrate guys like Schobel, Poz and Whitner, and insist on defending them no matter what they do.

Other posters try to show the truth: that these guys are just average to slightly above average, but the homers continue the relentless defense so the other posters go on the attack and it all gets blown out of proportion.

But it all stems from the fact that some people can't objectively evaluate Bills players. They rate them by the color of the jersey they wear rather than actual performance (or lack thereof).

wmoz11
07-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Eh, you're on the right track but you're a little confused.

The problem is that there are a bunch of homers on this board who overrate guys like Schobel, Poz and Whitner, and insist on defending them no matter what they do.

Other posters try to show the truth: that these guys are just average to slightly above average, but the homers continue the relentless defense so the other posters go on the attack and it all gets blown out of proportion.

But it all stems from the fact that some people can't objectively evaluate Bills players. They rate them by the color of the jersey they wear rather than actual performance (or lack thereof).

Prorate Poz's stats last year over a 16 game schedule, hell even look at his numbers through 12 games, and compare them to MLB's around the league. I've done it. He's well above average and has been rated in the top 10 in the league at his position.

I can't understand how people can't see this, especially when they'll harp on how poor our DT's played last year and then complain about the LB's behind them. You do understand what a DT is supposed to do, right? And you realize when it doesn't happen the RB has more freedom to make moves in the hole and at the second level, right?

OpIv37
07-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Prorate Poz's stats last year over a 16 game schedule, hell even look at his numbers through 12 games, and compare them to MLB's around the league. I've done it. He's well above average and has been rated in the top 10 in the league at his position.

I can't understand how people can't see this, especially when they'll harp on how poor our DT's played last year and then complain about the LB's behind them. You do understand what a DT is supposed to do, right? And you realize when it doesn't happen the RB has more freedom to make moves in the hole and at the second level, right?

Yeah, so what's Poz's excuse for getting swallowed up by blockers when the run breaks up the middle? Stats only tell part of the story and that doesn't show up on stat sheets.

And what you're doing now is exactly what leads to the animosity towards certain players. "It's not Poz's fault- it was the DT's who suck." This team, its coaches and its fans have made excuses for far too long. It's time to hold players accountable for their performance.

justasportsfan
07-29-2010, 11:47 AM
My sources say the injury was caused by Mitchell.

Italian Stallion
07-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, so what's Poz's excuse for getting swallowed up by blockers when the run breaks up the middle? Stats only tell part of the story and that doesn't show up on stat sheets.

And what you're doing now is exactly what leads to the animosity towards certain players. "It's not Poz's fault- it was the DT's who suck." This team, its coaches and its fans have made excuses for far too long. It's time to hold players accountable for their performance.

Best post I've read in a LONG time. :pimped:

Go on ANY OTHER TEAMS message boards and the excuse-making apologetic fans just don't exist like they do here.

The player is average. His stats and play suggest it. Stop trying to figure out ways to anoint him as better than he actually is just because he plays on the Bills.

If Poz were on anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy other team in the league, the same fans thar make excuses for him here would be saying things like "Who is that?" or "oh yeah the guy from Penn State..hmm you dont hear much about him, huh?"

That's exactly what the rest of the league thinks..

wmoz11
07-29-2010, 11:52 AM

That the DTs didn't do their job and occupy blockers if they couldn't get penetration.

Listen, I'm not saying Poz is perfect, and I'll admit he's my favorite college player ever and quickly becoming my favorite pro player ever, so I'm biased. He does have problems disengaging from blockers and moving laterally.

All I'm saying is don't hate on the DTs for being awful and not factor that into Poz's evaluation.

OpIv37
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
That the DTs didn't do their job and occupy blockers if they couldn't get penetration.

Listen, I'm not saying Poz is perfect, and I'll admit he's my favorite college player ever and quickly becoming my favorite pro player ever, so I'm biased. He does have problems disengaging from blockers and moving laterally.

All I'm saying is don't hate on the DTs for being awful and not factor that into Poz's evaluation.

We were playing C2 defense. In the C2, DT's are supposed to shoot the gaps, not occupy blockers.

No doubt Poz was hurt by the weak DL. But our team is pretty bad and every player on the team is somehow affected by the low quality of the other players around them. Everyone knows we have good CB's, and they're good even without the "DL didn't offer any pass rush" excuse.

Would Poz look more like Brian Urlacher on a better D? Probably. Is Poz as good as Urlacher? Hell no. There has to be a balance.

Philagape
07-29-2010, 12:03 PM

Or perhaps because they're the leaders of a defense that has been embarrassing against the run.

wmoz11
07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
We were playing C2 defense. In the C2, DT's are supposed to shoot the gaps, not occupy blockers.

No doubt Poz was hurt by the weak DL. But our team is pretty bad and every player on the team is somehow affected by the low quality of the other players around them. Everyone knows we have good CB's, and they're good even without the "DL didn't offer any pass rush" excuse.

Would Poz look more like Brian Urlacher on a better D? Probably. Is Poz as good as Urlacher? Hell no. There has to be a balance.

The cover 2 is a coverage, not a defense. I'll assume you mean the Tampa-2. If they cannot get into their "assigned" gap, they must occupy blockers and stand their ground. They have to do something.

I agree with everything else you said.

ChristopherWalken
07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Have to throw out year one (rookie) due to injury. That leaves only two seasons to evaluate.

Question: Did he improve in 2009 compared to 2008?
- Yes. He exceeded his tackle total even after missing 4 games and added 3 INTs, 4 defelcted passes and 3 FF.

Question: Should he be expected to improve again this year?
- Absolutely. 4 year vet, entering his 3rd playing year. I expect a break out year for Poz.

What we do know is that he has proven to be quite injury prone. Difficult to label him as a bust at this time, but if he underperforms this season, the label need be applied 2011.

madness
07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
The cover 2 is a coverage, not a defense. I'll assume you mean the Tampa-2. If they cannot get into their "assigned" gap, they must occupy blockers and stand their ground. They have to do something.

I agree with everything else you said.

That is the #1 reason I think why we'll see this defense improve even through the transition. In the Tampa-2 there is absolutely no room for error. One missed gap assignment and you could be giving up a potential big play. Good riddance.

TacklingDummy
07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Injury is the main reason I've labeled POS a bust.

justasportsfan
07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
just like every player on this team, it's hard to gauge how good or bad POZ is when your coach puts you in a situation that doesn't allow you to make plays.

If POZ is still average in this new scheme, then he was average to begin with.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Did he have balls added?

That's fickin awesome. LOL!!!

Historian
07-29-2010, 04:05 PM

I think he has the potential...but up until now it hasn't materialized.

I keep waiting for him to have a breakout season, and lo and behold, here we go again with yet another injury.