X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I am really liking what I am hearing out of Gailey

I am really coming around on this guy. I hope his talk translates into good play on game day. It is refreshing to have a coach that can hold a conversation with media and not be talking in circles a la Mularkey and Jauron.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: I am really liking what I am hearing out of Gailey

He's Changasmic.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

He may or may not win us a SB but I do expect him to help this franchise turn the corner.

Anybody who may be more competitive than Cowher has got to change the culture of this franchise.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

He talks like a southern preacher giving a sermon he knows by heart.

If he had a 1-800 # up on the screen, he'd never have to pay for groceries again.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dujek
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Night Train
          He talks like a southern preacher giving a sermon he knows by heart.

If he had a 1-800 # up on the screen, he'd never have to pay for groceries again.
          That's the thing though, he talks about football and you believe in what he's saying, because he constantly gives the impression that he knows what he's talking about.

I believe in Chan Gailey.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            I am really coming around on this guy. I hope his talk translates into good play on game day. It is refreshing to have a coach that can hold a conversation with media and not be talking in circles a la Mularkey and Jauron.

I've been on that bandwagon for awhile now. He defintiely says the right things for the most part...

I too will be waiting and hoping to see if the words translate into consistency this year.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dujek
              That's the thing though, he talks about football and you believe in what he's saying, because he constantly gives the impression that he knows what he's talking about.

I believe in Chan Gailey.
              Exactly. Dick Jauron was a "political" guy...but wtf does that have to do with football? Not much. granted Jauron was a player and all that but for some reason he just didnt seem to come across as me as a "football guy"...and thats exactly what Gailey is. I have no idea if he'll be a good coach for us but I do really like his personality a ton more than Skeletor!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

I like what Chan says, I think it's hard not to.

I can't believe there are this many positive comments without one of the ****s coming up with "coach-speak." I will give them that you are not going to hear a coach say, "Gee, I am clueless. We have no direction and/or talent, and will be lucky if we accidentally win a game this year." I think Chan says important things, and seems to have a lot of resolve.

The thing that is more important to me, is the things that I hear about Chan...the things that other people say about him. I don't mean FunTimes talking about how he got fired as OC in KC so he has to be no good. There are circumstances that people that cling to examples like that are incapable of wrapping their minds around. I am talking about the Bills' players reaction to him, Nix on Gailey, former players, owners, and fellow coaches.

I have not heard a bad word about him, aside from the fans in the forums.

I am ****ing pumped for this season. CG is going to change the culture. I think that this team is going to give an honest effort to match our, the fans, longing for success. We have never relented, and show a passion and dedication that our past few regimes were incapable of matching our enthusiasm...hopefully that is changing this year.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                  I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Thats great Thurmie but you really came around on Mularkey and Jauron over time so much so you boldly and confidently predicted Bills teams they were coaching to win 10 games every year...

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• malo
                    • Sep 2009

I like him too, but he doesn't have much talent to work with

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Talk is cheap.

Plenty of coaches don't open up or even respect the media yet get the job done anyways.

Who cares?

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                        • Dec 2002

* Doesn't hold any punches.
                        * Doesn't appear to have dangling Man-Boobs.
                        * Talks like he owns a "pair".
                        * Appears comfortable wearing a head set.

* Can he motivate?
                        * It's late 4th qrtr. the Bills are down by 2 TDs. They've got the ball on the 37 and it's 4th and 1? Will Chan punt?
                        * Will he be out coached by Billichick just like his predecessors?
                        * Will his offense quickly find a balance?

So much more to see...

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Day 1 of TC in full pads?

Chan is the man!

Comment

Working...
                          X