Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

It makes zero sense to trade Lynch at this point for mid to late round picks

Why trade a player on the team's roster that has a lot of talent and can actually contribute on the field for a 4th or 5th round player that we wouldn't have until next year and that wouldn't have much of a shot at contributing much anyways?
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Re: It makes zero sense to trade Lynch at this point for mid to late round picks

It makes sense if you like a guy like Bell and want to keep him. I guess it all depends what role they envision for Lynch, if they don't plan on utilizing him much then they may as well move him.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Re: It makes zero sense to trade Lynch at this point for mid to late round picks

You don't trade a 24 year old workhorse RB with his skills and talent. He isn't a bad guy, just needs to be worked with and a good OL wouldn't hurt him either.

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

early 4th = bus fare

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lawesome97
          It makes sense if you like a guy like Bell and want to keep him. I guess it all depends what role they envision for Lynch, if they don't plan on utilizing him much then they may as well move him.
          I could care less about Bell. He has proven nothing to me.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

If the coaches think Bell can come in and do what Lynch can do then I wouldn't mind trading Lynch player for player at this point. Someone who can come in and make an impact.

The only way I see Lynch getting traded however is if a teams rb gets injured at camp and are willing to overpay for him.
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-29-2010, 09:20 AM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              If the coaches think Bell can come in and do what Lynch can do then I wouldn't mind trading Lynch player for player at this point. Someone who can come in and make an impact.

The only way I see Lynch getting traded however is if a teams rb gets injured at camp and are willing to overpay for him.
              Can we seriously think that Bell could come in and be as talented as Lynch???

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Can we seriously think that Bell could come in and be as talented as Lynch???
                Personally? No. But like I said, if the coaches think so.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Are we trading Lynch?

Unless you are getting a pick that is 3rd round or better I believe trading players for picks is a waste of time.

If they are trading Lynch it needs to be for a player that can help us at another position.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

I agree that we shouldn't give Lynch away for a late round pick. Best case scenario, a contender loses their top RB during pre-season. Lynch's value goes up at that point.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Are we trading Lynch?

Unless you are getting a pick that is 3rd round or better I believe trading players for picks is a waste of time.

If they are trading Lynch it needs to be for a player that can help us at another position.
                      I agree 100%

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Despite the axe that many have to grind with Lynch, over his "issues," which if you follow the story to the end were GREATLY exaggerated or complete fabrications, the guy is a talent. He had an off year, and has actually endured more ridicule and adversity than many of his detractors combined.

Lynch is a ****ing stud. Period. if he can get on board with this system, he is our #1 back out of the backfield, which allows the other two to contribute with their own special skill sets.

Bell.. I respect Draft Boys take on the guy. DB knows his ****, and that is evident, but for me to say our keeping Lynch should hinge on Bell is ludicrous. Lynch is a proven NFL back. Bell is a long shot.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                          Despite the axe that many have to grind with Lynch, over his "issues," which if you follow the story to the end were GREATLY exaggerated or complete fabrications, the guy is a talent. He had an off year, and has actually endured more ridicule and adversity than many of his detractors combined.

Lynch is a ****ing stud. Period. if he can get on board with this system, he is our #1 back out of the backfield, which allows the other two to contribute with their own special skill sets.

Bell.. I respect Draft Boys take on the guy. DB knows his ****, and that is evident, but for me to say our keeping Lynch should hinge on Bell is ludicrous. Lynch is a proven NFL back. Bell is a long shot.
                          Exactly!

I am not hating on Bell at all but he isn't in a good situation.

Remember everyone that Jackson is 30 years old. He won't be around much longer.

Lynch is 24 and has many years left. Spiller and Lynch could be a dynamic duo for years to come.

People are too hung up on a couple incidents made by a young immature kid.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

Wow, this is the most delusional post I've read in a long time.

First, Lynch's issues weren't "fabricated." He really did hit a woman and leave the scene. Granted, it sounds like the woman was drunk, not in a crosswalk and exaggerated her injuries, but that's no excuse for Lynch hitting her and leaving the scene. And he really did get caught with a gun and weed in California. The whole "takng the $20 bill" thing may have been a lie, and same goes for the story about getting kicked out of Chippewa bars for bringing his own bottle. But his off the field issues are very real. And if he has one more episode, it's a 1 year suspension. Don't forget that.

Second, Lynch is a stud? Really? Last year he had 3.8 ypc and 2 TD's in 13 games (6 starts). Fred Jackson has much better numbers behind the same OL.

Look, at this point I don't think the team would benefit from shipping him off from a mid- to low-round draft pick, but let's call it like it is. I don't know why some people insist on downplaying his off-the-field problems while exaggerating his on-the-field performance.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Wow, this is the most delusional post I've read in a long time.

First, Lynch's issues weren't "fabricated." He really did hit a woman and leave the scene. Granted, it sounds like the woman was drunk, not in a crosswalk and exaggerated her injuries, but that's no excuse for Lynch hitting her and leaving the scene. And he really did get caught with a gun and weed in California. The whole "takng the $20 bill" thing may have been a lie, and same goes for the story about getting kicked out of Chippewa bars for bringing his own bottle. But his off the field issues are very real. And if he has one more episode, it's a 1 year suspension. Don't forget that.

Second, Lynch is a stud? Really? Last year he had 3.8 ypc and 2 TD's in 13 games (6 starts). Fred Jackson has much better numbers behind the same OL.

Look, at this point I don't think the team would benefit from shipping him off from a mid- to low-round draft pick, but let's call it like it is. I don't know why some people insist on downplaying his off-the-field problems while exaggerating his on-the-field performance.
                              He never got into the flow last year with the suspension and all the off field issues. He was very good the previous 2 seasons. We know he has talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X