PDA

View Full Version : Brohm was so good in OTAs that....

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Brohm was so good in OTAs that he landed the number 3 spot. As I said late last year I think he'll be lucky to make the 53 man roster at this point.

The King
07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Im glad we didnt draft this guy in the second.

Novacane
07-29-2010, 03:30 PM
And I suppose this proves that you are right and Edwards is great :rolleyes:

trapezeus
07-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow, so no changes what so ever in the rotation.

i have to say this pretty much kills brohm in my books. i thought he was going to leap over fitz for sure.

what the heck was the point of picking him up last year if they didn't like him enough to push fitz out.

apparently we picked up Rick Mirer off the Green Bay practice squad.

SquishDaFish
07-29-2010, 03:43 PM
The rotation right now means **** sorry man. Talk to me in game 3 or so thats when we will know who is #1. **** talking now means jack squat

Goobylal
07-29-2010, 03:45 PM
''I know what they can do in shorts, but the game is played in pads,'' Gailey said. ''So we've got to find out in pads who can do what.''

It's not over. Not by a longshot.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
And I suppose this proves that you are right and Edwards is great :rolleyes:

Have you actually read my posts? I don't think Edwards is great and I haven't come close to saying that. I have said that I think he's the best we currently have on this roster.

better days
07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Wait until the bullets fly. Trent always looked good with no heat.

madness
07-29-2010, 03:48 PM
NicholasMendola (http://twitter.com/NicholasMendola) (http://billszone.com/fanzone/)
Levi Brown and Brian Brohm have had markedly better days in limited reps versus second-tier defense.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 03:49 PM
The rotation right now means **** sorry man. Talk to me in game 3 or so thats when we will know who is #1. **** talking now means jack squat

Sorry, but if the coach thought Brohm had a shot at starting you don't put him at #3 in the rotation.

For any of you that are holding on to hope that he's winning the starting job it just got alot further from happening.

You can say it doesn't matter but even Chris Brown said it gives Edwards an advantage.

Captain Obvious
07-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Keep clinging desperatly to the dream Brohm lovers.. How much more proof do you need I don't know.. Does he need to have 2 seasons worth of starts before your convinced?

The Spaz
07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Keep clinging desperatly to the dream Brohm lovers.. How much more proof do you need I don't know.. Does he need to have 2 seasons worth of starts before your convinced?

How many does Trent need because we are still waiting.

Night Train
07-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Wait until the bullets fly. Trent always looked good with no heat. He follows in the great tradition of RJ, Bledsoe & Losman. All-Camp.

Then comes the actual games..:down:

Philagape
07-29-2010, 03:52 PM
First Matt Flynn, now Ryan Fitzpatrick. :ill:

Demon
07-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Brohm was so good in OTAs that he landed the number 3 spot. As I said late last year I think he'll be lucky to make the 53 man roster at this point.

Fitzpatrick took the snaps after Edwards on day 1 and you're already counting Brohm out? lol..... jeez. It's day 1 and 15 minutes into camp, reeeeeeelax man.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Fitzpatrick took the snaps after Edwards on day 1 and you're already counting Brohm out? lol..... jeez. It's day 1 and 15 minutes into camp, reeeeeeelax man.

No the pecking order is:

1) Edwards

2) Fitzpatrick

3) Brohm

If you have an issue take it up with Gailey.

JCBills
07-29-2010, 04:25 PM
No the pecking order is:

1) Edwards

2) Fitzpatrick

3) Brohm

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/855377122/twitterProfilePhoto_bigger.jpg (http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/NicholasMendola?hreflang=en) NicholasMendola

Trent is no. 1, Brohm and Fitz will rotate at No. 2, according to Brohm. #Bills (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bills)

Like he said, it's day 1, and we have little to no idea about what's going on or what's going to happen.

Goobylal
07-29-2010, 04:34 PM
No the pecking order is:

1) Edwards

2) Fitzpatrick

3) Brohm

Actually, according to Nicholas Mendola, as told to him by Brohm, it's (currently):

1) Edwards

2a) Fitz

2b) Brohm

Brohm and Fitz will rotate as backups. So he's not as far away as people think.

Demon
07-29-2010, 04:36 PM
No the pecking order is:

1) Edwards

2) Fitzpatrick

3) Brohm

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the 2nd QB up, although I really wouldn't read too much into it.

From a actual reporter - http://twitter.com/ChuckWade/status/19848583155

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 04:40 PM
I think Gailey is speaking to the media about it as we speak. I think you'll have your answer soon enough without a reporter needed.

trapezeus
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
2a and 2b. sounds like what you say to keep every engaged. brohm is done. edwards is the place holder for the year (or until he gets injured).

I'm rooting for 13-3 or the exact opposite. another bs year of middle of the road and we're missing out on the QB we need.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I apologize. The pecking order revised:

1) Edwards

2a) Fitzpatrick

2b) Brohm

Yes, Brohm was good enough to move from 3 up to 2B.

I love how people are still thinking that Brohm is going to win the job. He couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick.

Demon
07-29-2010, 04:50 PM
QB order to start camp: #1 Trent Edwards, #2 Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick rotating, #4 Levi Brown. #Bills #Billieve

link- http://twitter.com/buffalobillscom

JCBills
07-29-2010, 05:01 PM
I apologize. The pecking order revised:

1) Edwards

2a) Fitzpatrick

2b) Brohm

Yes, Brohm was good enough to move from 3 up to 2B.

I love how people are still thinking that Brohm is going to win the job. He couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick.

I don't think one QB can really beat out another in shorts with the red shirt rule, which still applies, but at least the pads are on now. I'm still waiting for preseason to see who does what with bullets flying.

Nighthawk
07-29-2010, 05:03 PM
I don't think one QB can really beat out another in shorts with the red shirt rule, which still applies, but at least the pads are on now. I'm still waiting for preseason to see who does what with bullets flying.

Exactly...people need to relax.

better days
07-29-2010, 05:22 PM

Yeah, if they didn't have to play against a defense, Trent could be a Pro Bowl player.

Goobylal
07-29-2010, 05:27 PM
''I know what they can do in shorts, but the game is played in pads,'' Gailey said. ''So we've got to find out in pads who can do what.''

YardRat
07-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Day 1, let's see how the rest of camp rolls. If the staff think Brohm is able to contribute, he'll make the team in some capacity. If not, he'll be gone.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2010, 05:49 PM
What, no mention that he didn't even attempt a pass?

:rofl:

psubills62
07-29-2010, 06:04 PM
:yawn:

Brohm still has plenty of chance to beat out Fitz, and he should. Even if he doesn't beat out Edwards, it's guaranteed that we'll see the #2 QB sometime during the season, after Edwards gets injured.

Honestly, I don't really have high standards anymore. At this point I would just like to see someone who 1) lasts all 16 games, and 2) throws more TD's than INT's. I don't really have confidence that Edwards can do both of those things. Brohm...who knows?

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I guess nobody watched Gailey's presser?

Edwards didn't exactly squeek it out. It was a fairly good endorsement.

Of course Gailey isn't going to hand the job over. Why would he? But I can tell you that you guys are dreaming if you think Brohm is winning this job.

DraftBoy
07-29-2010, 06:46 PM
I think they all suck ass.

SquishDaFish
07-29-2010, 07:30 PM
HH needs to chill out some. We are all excited on the season coming but be realistic. Noone has won the #1 job yet. The rotation means **** period.

better days
07-29-2010, 08:30 PM
I guess nobody watched Gailey's presser?

Edwards didn't exactly squeek it out. It was a fairly good endorsement.

Of course Gailey isn't going to hand the job over. Why would he? But I can tell you that you guys are dreaming if you think Brohm is winning this job.

"No Competitions not over"...............great endorsement. I can't believe anyone would have thought Trent would not do well in practice. Wait until the games begin.

Nighthawk
07-29-2010, 09:01 PM
What, no mention that he didn't even attempt a pass?

:rofl:

What about the lovely 1-5 of Trent?

HHURRICANE
07-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Let's try this one more time. Gailey is not going to announce a starter. He clearly said that. However, if Brohm was fighting for the starting job he wouldn't be fighting it out with Fitz at the #2 spot.

You are the same people that said that Brohm was looking great in OTAs blah, blah, blah, blah.

I'm not an Edwards fan just smart enough to realize that if Brohm was seriously being considered he wouldn't be 2B.

He's not a serious contender at this point. Could it change? Sure. But not likely.

Captain Obvious
07-29-2010, 09:57 PM
How many does Trent need because we are still waiting.

What can I say.. Trent is the best of a bad lot.. 2011 draft class better be deep at the QB position

Dr. Lecter
07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I think they all suck ass.
Brown might be Ok!!!

And I think Matt Baker is out there.

TacklingDummy
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
#1 pick next year, here the Bills come.

ddaryl
07-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah I have to agree... If Brohm can't beat out Fitz then Levi Brown is probably going to land the #3 spot on the final roster...

ddaryl
07-30-2010, 08:14 AM
#1 pick next year, here the Bills come.

The only way we get the #1 pick next season is if we use multiple picks to move up in the 1st rd including trading away our 2012 1st rd to do so.

TacklingDummy
07-30-2010, 10:27 AM
The only way we get the #1 pick next season is if we use multiple picks to move up in the 1st rd including trading away our 2012 1st rd to do so.
Name the top 5 teams you think will be in the running for the #1 pick.

Rams, Bills, Chiefs, Tampa, and my surprise pick the Broncos.

ddaryl
07-30-2010, 11:32 AM

I really don't know what teams will be top 5 in picks.. all I'm saying the Bills won't be there without a trade upwards.

BUT I could see us in the 6 - 15 range next season... we'll win at least 5 games this year IMO which will put us just outside the #5 range.

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2010, 11:33 AM

No Browns?

DraftBoy
07-30-2010, 11:45 AM

It is an indictment to anyone else that we are listed but the Raiders and Lions are not?

streetkings01
07-30-2010, 11:56 AM
And I suppose this proves that you are right and Edwards is great :rolleyes:It proves that Edwards is better than Brohm. Fitzpatrick is the #2......thats all you need to know about how good Brohm is!

better days
07-30-2010, 11:58 AM

I think the Broncos will surprise you with how well they do. Tampa, Rams, Lions, Raiders, & my surprise pick the Pats* (if Brady gets injured they have no back up worth a damn.)

TacklingDummy
07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
No Browns?

Nah, they will be in the top 10.

OpIv37
07-30-2010, 12:14 PM
If we get the #1 overall pick, we are so ****ed because
a) Ralph simply won't pay
b) given this team's history of drafting, we'll take the wrong guy.

Realistically, even I don't think we'll be that bad, but you never know- a couple of injuries and it could happen.

TacklingDummy
07-30-2010, 12:14 PM
It is an indictment to anyone else that we are listed but the Raiders and Lions are not?
Top 10 for those 2 also.

Any knowledgeable football fan knows the Raiders play in the same division against the Chiefs and Broncos. Which would make it almost impossible to have 3 teams from the same division in the bottom 5.

The Lions won't be as bad as years past.

better days
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
It proves that Edwards is better than Brohm. Fitzpatrick is the #2......thats all you need to know about how good Brohm is!

It proves Edwards is better than Brohm............against AIR. We will see how it shakes out when they face a real defense.

psubills62
07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
If we get the #1 overall pick, we are so ****ed because
a) Ralph simply won't pay
b) given this team's history of drafting, we'll take the wrong guy.

Realistically, even I don't think we'll be that bad, but you never know- a couple of injuries and it could happen.

Ideally, the NFLPA and owners will agree to a new CBA by the next draft, which should include a rookie pay scale.

Goobylal
07-30-2010, 01:30 PM
What I don't get is that they made the "pecking order" at all positions based on OTA's and minicamp (because they didn't want to make them seem worthless), but then install Bell as the starting LT when he's only just come back? Doesn't make sense to me.

Goobylal
07-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Ideally, the NFLPA and owners will agree to a new CBA by the next draft, which should include a rookie pay scale.
From what I've read, a new CBA wouldn't install a rookie pay scale/true cap until 2012.

psubills62
07-30-2010, 01:53 PM
From what I've read, a new CBA wouldn't install a rookie pay scale/true cap until 2012.

Could be, but there was a ton of hype leading up to the 2010 draft about how this was probably the last one with big pay days for the rookies.

Goobylal
07-30-2010, 06:09 PM
So, Brohm was 2a today?

YardRat
08-01-2010, 08:41 AM
It appears Brohm may have moved up the pecking order already...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-stories/article87375.ece

Brian Brohm took the snaps as No. 2 for the second straight day with Ryan Fitzpatrick as the No. 3.

Goobylal
08-01-2010, 09:43 AM
It appears Brohm may have moved up the pecking order already...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-stories/article87375.ece
I'm telling you, it's only a matter of time before Brohm starts. Even if Trent starts the season, it's not a matter of if but when he'll get injured. Fitz looks worthless and Brown needs at least this year to develop.

mjgola01
08-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Brohm didn't move up in the pecking order yet. Brohm got 2nd team reps in the morning practice and Fitz got them in the afternoon so Brohm got the 2nd team again in the next practice to continue the rotation.

HHURRICANE
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I have friends that have been to camp and they said Brohm has no shot at the starting job at this point.

Could it change? I suppose but you can already see that they already plan on Edwards being the starter.

I think this drama is already over. If Brohm was in the mix for the starting job they would have put him in at #2, Fitz at #3.

Let's be honest, we have to hope that Edwards finds his way. If not, our future QB is not on this current roster.

Most people want Brohm because it's not Edwards. Not very sound logic. If Edwards got hurt I'd still want Fitzpatrick, that's how bad Brohm is.

better days
08-01-2010, 11:18 AM
I have friends that have been to camp and they said Brohm has no shot at the starting job at this point.

Could it change? I suppose but you can already see that they already plan on Edwards being the starter.

I think this drama is already over. If Brohm was in the mix for the starting job they would have put him in at #2, Fitz at #3.

Let's be honest, we have to hope that Edwards finds his way. If not, our future QB is not on this current roster.

Most people want Brohm because it's not Edwards. Not very sound logic. If Edwards got hurt I'd still want Fitzpatrick, that's how bad Brohm is.

I would hope our future QB is not on the roster. I have no faith in any of the current QBs.

The drama has yet to begin, it won't start until the Bills face another team.

jmb1099
08-01-2010, 12:41 PM
So far, reports from camp suggest Brohm has looked good with the opportunities he's had. In fact, more than one person has suggested he had the play of the day last night by threading the ball between three defenders 40 yards down the field. Lots of camp left, nothing is secure.

Michael82
08-01-2010, 12:55 PM
So far, reports from camp suggest Brohm has looked good with the opportunities he's had. In fact, more than one person has suggested he had the play of the day last night by threading the ball between three defenders 40 yards down the field. Lots of camp left, nothing is secure.

That was a Peyton Manning type pass! It was really sweet! :drool:

psubills62
08-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm as the #2, though I'd be surprised if he took the starting position in TC. We all know the #2 QB is guaranteed to play during the season, just a matter of when Edwards will get injured.

Goobylal
08-01-2010, 04:48 PM

Why isn't it sound logic? Edwards has shown he can't do it, whether it's with his play or by staying healthy. Brohm is unproven and needs more gametime.

And Fitz has looked the worst of the QB's, from what I've read. Why they keep giving him reps as #2 is anyone's guess, but I'm guessing it's because they don't want him to check-out mentally.

YardRat
08-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Edwards = starter
Brohm = #2
Fitz = cut
Brown = #3 inactive or practice squad

HHURRICANE
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM

Sorry, but again I think this is wishful thinking.

No coach worth his salt is going to risk his entire season on a guy that has struggled to actually get a chance to play at the NFL level. You can hate on Edwards all you want but he's won about 50% of his games and Gailey probably doesn't think he sucks as much as this board does.

Fitzpatrick is #2 becasue he's a proven backup. If Edwards gets hurt in a regular season game why would a coach want Brohm to come in? Based on what?

The only way Brohm has any shot is if Edwards and Fitz both implode and Brohm plays like John Elway throughout camp.

Again it could happen but the probability is like 10%.

Goobylal
08-01-2010, 09:16 PM

No coach worth his salt is going to risk his entire season on a guy that has struggled to actually get a chance to play at the NFL level. You can hate on Edwards all you want but he's won about 50% of his games and Gailey probably doesn't think he sucks as much as this board does.

Fitzpatrick is #2 becasue he's a proven backup. If Edwards gets hurt in a regular season game why would a coach want Brohm to come in? Based on what?

The only way Brohm has any shot is if Edwards and Fitz both implode and Brohm plays like John Elway throughout camp.

Risk what...a rebuilding season? Where's the harm in starting Brohm versus going with Trent and seeing him lose more games than he wins (again) and/or get hurt (again)?

HHURRICANE
08-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Risk what...a rebuilding season? Where's the harm in starting Brohm versus going with Trent and seeing him lose more games than he wins (again) and/or get hurt (again)?

No coach goes into a season thinking it's a rebuilding year. Winners want to win. Gailey has said more than once that the league is about now.

This board wants change for the sake of change. But if they really watched the pre-season games and the Atlanta game you'd realize that the guy would need to have a major miracle in the off-season. He didn't. He didn't even change the pecking order.

No Gailey is going to put in the guy that gives him the best chance to win.

I can't wait for the pre-season. All of you Brohm fans are going to be in for quite a shock.

Goobylal
08-01-2010, 09:54 PM
No coach goes into a season thinking it's a rebuilding year. Winners want to win. Gailey has said more than once that the league is about now.

This board wants change for the sake of change. But if they really watched the pre-season games and the Atlanta game you'd realize that the guy would need to have a major miracle in the off-season. He didn't. He didn't even change the pecking order.

No Gailey is going to put in the guy that gives him the best chance to win.

I can't wait for the pre-season. All of you Brohm fans are going to be in for quite a shock.
Gailey and Nix have said that you can't fix everything in one off-season. To me that says they know that it's a rebuilding year. Saying you expect to win is fine, but until he says "we expect to win the division and/or we expect to make the playoffs," it doesn't change my opinion.

As for what Brohm did with GB, not to mention with the Bills in that one star, it means little now. He was in the Packers' complicated system for a little over a year, and it took Rodgers 3 years to grasp it. He was with the Bills for just 6 weeks prior to that start, and that was after the Bills fired Jauron and there was (even more than before, if that's possible) offensive upheaval.

And speaking of change for change's sake, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. How many times can we see Edwards flounder during the season and get injured, before we realize that that's his destiny? Personally I'd give him a few pre-season games to show what he's got. If he shows little, I'd start Brohm. If Brohm fails, I'd start Brown and make it a true rebuilding. Fitz sucks and should be cut now.

jmb1099
08-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Don't assume to know if I hate Edwards or not. Truth is I want the best QB on the field. If that happens to be Trent then fine, but I'm not convinced that will be the case by the end of camp.
The thing that makes your prediction so weird is that they contradict nearly every report that has been given with the exception of course being your mystery friends.
For the record, with Trent's experience he should be outperforming Brohm. So it isn't surprising to see him being a bit more polished at this point. That being said, I don't see Trent making that 40 yard play between three defenders. If Brohm can demonstrate that it wasn't a fluke, then he's starting by the end of camp. Time will tell.

Typ0
08-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I just love these people who root for the unknown simply because they haven't seen anything. LMAO.

jmb1099
08-02-2010, 12:46 AM
I just love these people who root for the unknown simply because they haven't seen anything. LMAO.
Yes but it isn't nearly as funny as those people who close themselves off to the possibility that the unknown has the potential to produce. It's part of the wonderful process that is training camp.
On a side, but related note, will you be rooting for this years unknown draft class or do they have no potential either?

Typ0
08-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I root for the organization to bring in a good mixture of young and experienced players at the skilled and unskilled positions to field a competitive team. I'm cognizant of the fact that many draft picks and practice squad pickups don't work out. Would it be nice if they were all pro bowl players? Of course. But I have to defer to the coaching staff to field the best team not feel it's my right to see a lesser player play so I can make the determination myself at the cost of the team.

Yes but it isn't nearly as funny as those people who close themselves off to the possibility that the unknown has the potential to produce. It's part of the wonderful process that is training camp.
On a side, but related note, will you be rooting for this years unknown draft class or do they have no potential either?

HHURRICANE
08-02-2010, 11:21 AM
JMB and Goobylal I'm not trying to work you guys up into a lather here.

But the facts are:

1) Brohm did nothing in OTAs to distinguish himself and improve his position in the pecking order. Gailey went out his way to say that Edwards was "impressive, especially when working with the group 3 WRs."

2) Brohm has the weakest arm on the team. That's a fact. For all the *****ing about Edwards throwing the ball deep people forget that he has the strongest arm.

3) Again, no coach is going to go with Brohm unless there is some large amount of upside. Brohm hasn't shown that at all thus far.

I'll let pre-season help make up your minds for you. I've watched the guy play and I can tell you that there is more upside with Fitzpatrick than this kid.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2010, 11:22 AM
That was a Peyton Manning type pass! It was really sweet! :drool:
Please do not use Manning as a comparison when talking about Brohm.

better days
08-02-2010, 12:36 PM

But the facts are:

1) Brohm did nothing in OTAs to distinguish himself and improve his position in the pecking order. Gailey went out his way to say that Edwards was "impressive, especially when working with the group 3 WRs."

2) Brohm has the weakest arm on the team. That's a fact. For all the *****ing about Edwards throwing the ball deep people forget that he has the strongest arm.

3) Again, no coach is going to go with Brohm unless there is some large amount of upside. Brohm hasn't shown that at all thus far.

I'll let pre-season help make up your minds for you. I've watched the guy play and I can tell you that there is more upside with Fitzpatrick than this kid.

The facts are

1) At the end of OTA's Chan said Brohm made great strides in his play.

2) The Bills have yet to face a defense. Wait until the bullets fly then we will find out what is what.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2010, 12:40 PM
The facts are

1) At the end of OTA's Chan said Brohm made great strides in his play.

2) The Bills have yet to face a defense. Wait until the bullets fly then we will find out what is what.

So Brohm went from dishwasher to fry cook.

Again he started at #3 in camp. That's a fact. You can have him at 2B but the reality is that he's getting the fewest touches.

Yes, he'll get his shot in pre-season. Hopefully this will quiet the Brohmfest down once and for all.

better days
08-02-2010, 12:51 PM
So Brohm went from dishwasher to fry cook.

Again he started at #3 in camp. That's a fact. You can have him at 2B but the reality is that he's getting the fewest touches.

Yes, he'll get his shot in pre-season. Hopefully this will quiet the Brohmfest down once and for all.

It has been a long time since I was this excited about the Preseason games to start.

I can't wait to see if Chan can really coach Trent up or if he is still the same old Trent. If Brohm shows anything, I think they dump Fitz.

jmb1099
08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I root for the organization to bring in a good mixture of young and experienced players at the skilled and unskilled positions to field a competitive team. I'm cognizant of the fact that many draft picks and practice squad pickups don't work out. Would it be nice if they were all pro bowl players? Of course. But I have to defer to the coaching staff to field the best team not feel it's my right to see a lesser player play so I can make the determination myself at the cost of the team.
Perhaps you missed the comment I made about wanting the best QB on the field, even if that proves to be Trent.

jmb1099
08-02-2010, 01:47 PM

But the facts are:

You aren't working me up into a lather, not by a long shot.
As I've said three times now if Trent proves to be the better QB than he deserves to be on the field.
The problem with your posts regarding Brohm is that you make statements that simply aren't true. It is a fact that he has shown something, the question is if it was a fluke or not. The same argument holds true in even greater fashion for Edwards. He had a handful of really good games and we all know what happened after that. While it isn't possible to compare apples to apples, the principle applies.
I do agree that preseason will tell us everything we need to know. You predict Brohm will be gone, I predict Edwards hears footsteps and continues to panic. You can rehab a gun-shy qb with solid coaching and a solid line so that the qb feels safe. No one here is delusional enough to believe our oline is going to be great. I hope for the sake of the team I'm wrong.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
You aren't working me up into a lather, not by a long shot.
As I've said three times now if Trent proves to be the better QB than he deserves to be on the field.
The problem with your posts regarding Brohm is that you make statements that simply aren't true. It is a fact that he has shown something, the question is if it was a fluke or not. The same argument holds true in even greater fashion for Edwards. He had a handful of really good games and we all know what happened after that. While it isn't possible to compare apples to apples, the principle applies.
I do agree that preseason will tell us everything we need to know. You predict Brohm will be gone, I predict Edwards hears footsteps and continues to panic. You can rehab a gun-shy qb with solid coaching and a solid line so that the qb feels safe. No one here is delusional enough to believe our oline is going to be great. I hope for the sake of the team I'm wrong.

The line scares me. If they are as bad as last year it won't really matter who the QB is...so this argument might be all for not.

I don't hate Brohm. If he somehow landed the job I'd be okay with that because I know he would have earned it. I just don't see it even remotely happening.

There was a big deal made about the pecking order, and it was close, blah, blah, but in the end it 1-2-3 just like we suspected.

Hardy was called "average" by Gailey and than he talked him up but the competition for the #2 WR seems to not have Hardy in it. Gailey can talk players up all he wants but in the end he's going to pick the players he thinks he can win with.

Right now he thinks he can win with Edwards.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
FYI, supposedly Brohm had a good practice this AM so you never know.

YardRat
08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Took the second team snaps again.

Michael82
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Took the second team snaps again.

It really a true rotation between him and Fitzpatrick. I'm glad because Fitzpatrick has been horrible. I think they are letting Brohm work his ass off and if he does well, he replaces Fitzpatrick. Then as the backup, he'll obviously see the field since Edwards is as much of a china doll as Rob Johnson was.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Versus seeing that someone can't do it and expecting them to magically improve?

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 04:35 PM

But the facts are:

I'm also not anywhere near worked up, much less to a lather. As to your points:

1) Brohm apparently showed enough improvement to have Gailey go out of his way and say he's "made a big jump." The kid needs more playing experience.

2) Brohm has enough arm strength, and a gunslinger mentality. Edwards might have a gun, but he's more content to check-down.

3) Until we see him in some games, no determination can be made. I've seen enough of Trent to know that a) he'll never be a good QB and b) he'll never last a whole season.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Versus seeing that someone can't do it and expecting them to magically improve?

Edwards has shown more promise in the past than Brohm ever has.
It's not a matter of Edwards merely "improving," it's a matter of whether his pocket psyche can be fixed. It's recovering what was lost after The Hit. The ability is there, he's just become too much of a pussy to use it. That theoretically can be turned around, it's not just "magic."

JCBills
08-02-2010, 04:39 PM
The line scares me. If they are as bad as last year it won't really matter who the QB is...so this argument might be all for not.

I don't hate Brohm. If he somehow landed the job I'd be okay with that because I know he would have earned it. I just don't see it even remotely happening.

There was a big deal made about the pecking order, and it was close, blah, blah, but in the end it 1-2-3 just like we suspected.

Hardy was called "average" by Gailey and than he talked him up but the competition for the #2 WR seems to not have Hardy in it. Gailey can talk players up all he wants but in the end he's going to pick the players he thinks he can win with.

Right now he thinks he can win with Edwards.

Finally some reason, but the final statement is what usually annoys people. Speaking in definite terms. We don't know what Gailey thinks, we don't have the slightest clue.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Not even close to being true. Brohm's college career blows Trent's out of the water. And in the pros, Edwards has had 30 starts to Brohm's 1. Hardly a legit comparison, and it's not like Trent has been lighting-it-up.

But again, even if Trent were to improve, he's shown himself to be injury-prone, and that makes him unreliable.

jmb1099
08-02-2010, 05:33 PM
It's not a matter of Edwards merely "improving," it's a matter of whether his pocket psyche can be fixed. It's recovering what was lost after The Hit. The ability is there, he's just become too much of a pussy to use it. That theoretically can be turned around, it's not just "magic."
I will agree with your promise statement as it pertains to the NFL. I will also agree with you that the HIT has completely changed Trent's ability to man up. I also think that it can be fixed and to some extent already has been. The problem though is that he's currently wearing a red shirt and he knows it.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Not even close to being true. Brohm's college career blows Trent's out of the water. And in the pros, Edwards has had 30 starts to Brohm's 1. Hardly a legit comparison, and it's not like Trent has been lighting-it-up.

But again, even if Trent were to improve, he's shown himself to be injury-prone, and that makes him unreliable.

College is irrelevant. What a QB has shown in the NFL is all that matters. JaMarcus Russell had a pretty decent college career too, as did dozens and dozens of other NFL busts.

And whatever the number of starts, the statement stands. Brohm has shown zero NFL promise. Any cred he carried from college was destroyed when he got beat out by Matt Flynn and cut in just his second season. As of now, he's nothing but a body in camp competing to be a backup. That's all he is.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 05:44 PM
College is irrelevant. What a QB has shown in the NFL is all that matters. JaMarcus Russell had a pretty decent college career too, as did dozens and dozens of other NFL busts.

And whatever the number of starts, the statement stands. Brohm has shown zero NFL promise. Any cred he carried from college was destroyed when he got beat out by Matt Flynn and cut in just his second season. As of now, he's nothing but a body in camp competing to be a backup. That's all he is.
What happened with the Packers is irrelevant. It took Aaron Rodgers 3 years to learn that system and Flynn is a scrub. Not that the Packers are infallible when evaluating QB's.

Trent has shown what he is over his 30 starts. He's not good enough or reliable enough to count on. Brohm is almost wholly unproven. I'd rather give him a shot and see what he has, than go through another season seeing Edwards flounder, the Bills finished 6-10 or 7-9, and miss out on blue chip prospects, like a real QB.

better days
08-02-2010, 05:53 PM

It's not true that Edwards has shown more promise than Brohm. Brohm had a much better College career & was drafted in the 2nd rnd.

better days
08-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I will agree with your promise statement as it pertains to the NFL. I will also agree with you that the HIT has completely changed Trent's ability to man up. I also think that it can be fixed and to some extent already has been. The problem though is that he's currently wearing a red shirt and he knows it.
I think getting hit like Trent did is like falling off a horse. Some people don't have the courage to get back on.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 06:14 PM
What happened with the Packers is irrelevant.

You think college is more relevant than the NFL? That's all one needs to know about your opinion.

It took Aaron Rodgers 3 years to learn that system and Flynn is a scrub. Not that the Packers are infallible when evaluating QB's.

Yeah, Brett Favre being there had nothing to do with Rodgers.

If Flynn is a scrub, then Brohm got beat out by a scrub.

Trent has shown what he is over his 30 starts. He's not good enough or reliable enough to count on. Brohm is almost wholly unproven. I'd rather give him a shot and see what he has, than go through another season seeing Edwards flounder, the Bills finished 6-10 or 7-9, and miss out on blue chip prospects, like a real QB.

So you want to start Brohm so the Bills will lose more and get a better draft slot. At least that makes some sense, rather than the QB analysis you've been pretending to muster. Thanks for finally being honest.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
It's not true that Edwards has shown more promise than Brohm. Brohm had a much better College career & was drafted in the 2nd rnd.

See above

better days
08-02-2010, 06:24 PM
What happened with the Packers is irrelevant. It took Aaron Rodgers 3 years to learn that system and Flynn is a scrub. Not that the Packers are infallible when evaluating QB's.

I think the best thing that can happen for the Bills at QB this year is for Brohm to show he is at least a capable back up. Trent would have to have the mother of all comeback years to be signed to a new contract & we all know about Fitz.

Nighthawk
08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm totally just going off of reports, so it's not a true gauge...but, from all reports, Brohm has been getting better and Fitz and Edwards have been getting worse. I'm interested to see how the preseason games go.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 08:19 PM
You think college is more relevant than the NFL? That's all one needs to know about your opinion.

Yeah, Brett Favre being there had nothing to do with Rodgers.

If Flynn is a scrub, then Brohm got beat out by a scrub.

So you want to start Brohm so the Bills will lose more and get a better draft slot. At least that makes some sense, rather than the QB analysis you've been pretending to muster. Thanks for finally being honest.
What has Trent done in the pros? Not much. I don't get the Trent love, as it has NO basis in reality. I mean, when he leads a team to a winning record, it will be his first, in college or the NFL. And outside of 2008, when he had a whopping 11 TD's and 10 INT's, he's never had fewer INT's than TD's in a season, college or otherwise. Not to mention he's a china doll.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 08:39 PM
What has Trent done in the pros? Not much. I don't get the Trent love, as it has NO basis in reality. I mean, when he leads a team to a winning record, it will be his first, in college or the NFL.

Well, the Bills were 7-5 with him in 2008

And outside of 2008, when he had a whopping 11 TD's and 10 INT's, he's never had fewer INT's than TD's in a season, college or otherwise. Not to mention he's a china doll.

It's the "outside of" part that makes my point. As least he's done something.
And however bad he's been since then, at least he didn't get beat out by a 7th-rounder and cut. That's all one can say about Brohm in the NFL. That's pretty bad.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, the Bills were 7-5 with him in 2008
Huh? They were 7-7 with him in 2008. The Cards and 49'ers games count.

It's the "outside of" part that makes my point. As least he's done something.
And however bad he's been since then, at least he didn't get beat out by a 7th-rounder and cut. That's all one can say about Brohm in the NFL. That's pretty bad.
Again, what happened with the Packers is irrelevant. What matters is what Brohm does on the field with the Bills.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Huh? They were 7-7 with him in 2008. The Cards and 49'ers games count.

You count the Cards game against him. :rofl:
He played half the 49ers game, so I'll make it 7-5.5

Again, what happened with the Packers is irrelevant. What matters is what Brohm does on the field with the Bills.

A second-round pick is cut in his second season and you think it's irrelevant :rofl:
So far, Brohm's done nothing with the Bills that counters that dubious NFL history.

You clearly have a bias and are not worth talking to on this point. Your arguments are downright silly.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 08:55 PM
The Bills weren't going to beat the Cardinals with Trent playing the full game, so it's moot. And the ZERO points Trent led the team to in his half of play gives him the loss there as well.

A second-round pick is cut in his second season and you think it's irrelevant :rofl:
So far, Brohm's done nothing with the Bills that counters that dubious NFL history.

You clearly have a bias and are not worth talking to on this point. Your arguments are downright silly.
LOL! Trent has sucked for the better part of 3 years, and I have the bias? Later.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 08:56 PM
LOL! Trent has sucked for the better part of 3 years, and I have the bias? Later.

Brohm has sucked for the entirety of his NFL career.

better days
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM

He is 7-7. If a player is injury prone, the game still counts.

All of Trents fans want to give him credit for winning the 2007 game against the Jets..........that Trent was losing & Losman won, but they want no part of his losses.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 09:04 PM

All of Trents fans want to give him credit for winning the 2007 game against the Jets..........that Trent was losing & Losman won, but they want no part of his losses.
Basically. I don't know what Trent has done to inspire such fierce loyalty? I have no loyalty to Brohm, and would back Brown if I thought he were ready to be the starter. I just don't want to see more of the same old crap.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 09:15 PM

I don't give Trent credit for that game. I assign a W or a L to whichever QB had the most significant time. (actually Evans deserves the most credit for that Jets game)
The 49ers game was half and half, so I give each a half-loss.

better days
08-02-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't give Trent credit for that game. I assign a W or a L to whichever QB had the most significant time. (actually Evans deserves the most credit for that Jets game)
The 49ers game was half and half, so I give each a half-loss.

OK my mistake. Then you are the ONE Trent fan that does not give him credit for the 2007 Win against the Jets. I guess 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of Trents fans give him Credit for the Win.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
OK my mistake. Then you are the ONE Trent fan that does not give him credit for the 2007 Win against the Jets. I guess 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of Trents fans give him Credit for the Win.

I'm not a Trent fan. I shudder to think of him as the starter, but there's no better alternative.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not a Trent fan. I shudder to think of him as the starter, but there's no better alternative.
There's no real worse alternative.

better days
08-02-2010, 09:27 PM

AH-ha, I was right after all. ALL of Trent's fans give him credit for the 2007 Win over the Jets.

I'm not saying Trent isn't the best QB on the roster, I just want to wait until the preseason games are over to decide.

Goobylal
08-02-2010, 09:37 PM
AH-ha, I was right after all. ALL of Trent's fans give him credit for the 2007 Win over the Jets.

I'm not saying Trent isn't the best QB on the roster, I just want to wait until the preseason games are over to decide.
I can't call him "better" until I see the other guys with a few games under their belts, much less 30 of them.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
There's no real worse alternative.

Right now, yes there is.