PDA

View Full Version : GREAT idea

ServoBillieves
07-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Mandatory for all offensive lineman to wear knee braces. If it's not too encumbering, it should help stop rollovers/other knee injury possibilities.

Having blown my meniscus playing football, I think it's a good idea...

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/07/29/knee-braces-mandatory-for-o-line/

Homegrown
07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Having blown my meniscus playing football, I think it's a good idea...

Whoaaa ....keep this talk of your meniscus to yourself :ill:

ServoBillieves
07-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Whoaaa ....keep this talk of your meniscus to yourself :ill:

:tap:

Jaybird
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
It really is a good idea... coaching staff realizes the lack of depth at the position... whatever it takes

ZAZusmc03
07-30-2010, 07:29 AM
I can't believe I never noticed this before. I thought it was regular practice for all college and NFL lineman to wear knee braces as a precaution. I know my friend that plays at WVU got fitted as soon as he reported in for his freshman year.

ddaryl
07-30-2010, 07:58 AM
more genius from the new FO and coaching staff

methos4ever
07-30-2010, 08:25 AM
I can't believe I never noticed this before. I thought it was regular practice for all college and NFL lineman to wear knee braces as a precaution. I know my friend that plays at WVU got fitted as soon as he reported in for his freshman year.
Colleges will do it, very few NFL teams do I believe.

DesertFox24
07-30-2010, 08:26 AM
I am curious if the knee brace actually helps prevent injuries. Also what are the disadvantages of the knee brace.

Any ex OL please provide input.

Thanks

methos4ever
07-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I am curious if the knee brace actually helps prevent injuries. Also what are the disadvantages of the knee brace.

Any ex OL please provide input.

Thanks

I'm an ex OL and OL assistant at HS level. Most of our players who can afford it get them to prevent a bend or flexion of the knee that would typically occur without it, in a pile or a pull/log play. One of the disadvantages is for our younger guys it's a little balky, but once they're used to it, the braces help prevent some ACLs we had a year ago with our LT and RT.