PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards - Center of Attention

ghz in pittsburgh
07-30-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article85485.ece

I also watched his presser in BB.com.

what do you guys think when he said about last year -

"I think I probably got overwhelmed or stressed over too many little things, too much attention to too many things I shouldn't be paying attention to"

Looking back, he did look like a man overwhelmed last year. But exactly on what? What are those "little things"?

Maybe he shouldn't offer his view on politics to reporters any more. And he may need to cut out weekly trips to Toronto as well.

ddaryl
07-30-2010, 08:41 AM
But the one constant in Edwards' career thus far has been change. After all, he has had four offensive coordinators and seven starting left tackles in his Bills tenure,

and this is why Edwards really deserves a fresh start with Chan....

but it is also his last chance

acehole
07-30-2010, 08:55 AM
and this is why Edwards really deserves a fresh start with Chan....

but it is also his last chance

i agree he gives us best chance to win....
but if it a loss of a season time to try brom or brown

ddaryl
07-30-2010, 09:03 AM
i agree he gives us best chance to win....
but if it a loss of a season time to try brom or brown

I don't think Chan will handle this team like Jauron... He'll make decisions much sooner then Jauron ever did...

you either perform or your replaced is what I get from Chan. If Edwards fails to perform well he'll sit him IMO. If we don't see some consistency at the QB position by the end of Sept we will probably start seeing a shakeup.

TigerJ
07-30-2010, 09:03 AM
I took him to mean he was paying attention to criticism in the media and fans, to the pressure from losing, stuff like that in general. That made him more tense andaffected his play so he got worse instead of better. I thought his admission was a good thing, something he needed to do. That does not necessarily mean he's found the answers and everything will be hunky dory this season. He still has to correct his awful play on the field. I agree that this is his last chance in Buffalo unless he makes a drastic improvement.

Commissioner
07-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Howard Simon on WGR was speculating that it's possible that Chan Gailey actually sees potential in Edwards... and could possibly realize that the previous regime completely screwed him up.

But then he said... if you are a golfer and had 3 previous coaches screw up your swing.... what are the chances you can be fixed?

Ginger Vitis
07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
And he may need to cut out weekly trips to Toronto as well.

Why was he in Toronto last year on a weekly basis? To party? Or to promote the Toronto game against the Jets?

HHURRICANE
07-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Edwards beat out everyone in OTAs. That's why he got the #1 slot in camps.

I really believe that Brohm is never going to see the field this year. They had Fitzpatrick run at #2 yesterday.

Brohm is exactly what we thought he was...barely a #3.

Instead of hoping for Edwards replacement we might want to start hoping for him to play well.

I also disagee that he's going to get yanked the minute he starts making mistakes. Gailey is pretty deliberate. As long as Edwards is doing more things right than wrong, and doesn't get hurt, he's going to be the guy.

It's not like we have a first round QB sitting on the bench that we don't his potential. We have a 6 year backup and a 2nd round flunky in the bullpen.

better days
07-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Edwards beat out everyone in OTAs. That's why he got the #1 slot in camps.

I really believe that Brohm is never going to see the field this year. They had Fitzpatrick run at #2 yesterday.

Brohm is exactly what we thought he was...barely a #3.

Instead of hoping for Edwards replacement we might want to start hoping for him to play well.

I also disagee that he's going to get yanked the minute he starts making mistakes. Gailey is pretty deliberate. As long as Edwards is doing more things right than wrong, and doesn't get hurt, he's going to be the guy.

It's not like we have a first round QB sitting on the bench that we don't his potential. We have a 6 year backup and a 2nd round flunky in the bullpen.

Trent won the OTA battle..........big deal. Now he needs to win GAMES.

I really believe that even if Trent wins the starting job, he will be injured just as he has been every year since H.S.

ghz in pittsburgh
07-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Why was he in Toronto last year on a weekly basis? To party? Or to promote the Toronto game against the Jets?

You'll be amazed by the number of Bills player frequent Toronto during the season. let's face it, that's a top 5 metro city in North America in size and offers all kinds of thing a rich young athlete would enjoy -- and it's 1.5 hours away.

I have a friend who's in management of one of the big hotels in Toronto and over the years he told me how many Bills players stay there. I remember he said he met T. E. a lot last year. Maybe he wanted to get away from her sister.

For privacy reasons, I would not reveal the hotel name. Sorry potential groupies.

justasportsfan
07-30-2010, 10:30 AM
I'd move to toronto in a heartbeat if I could.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2010, 10:40 AM
I'd move to toronto in a heartbeat if I could.
Why can't you?

justasportsfan
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Why can't you?

Going to school. Unlike the U.S. companies who hire people regardless of citizenship , canada tends to hire their constituents first before they bring in outside help. They usually don't give out working visas like the US does .

ghz in pittsburgh
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Hay, the minimum wage over there is $11+ a couple of years ago. Now it might be approaching $15.00/hr. And due to a strong natural resource oriented economy, the canadian loonies is about 1 to 1 vs the us dollars these days.

justasportsfan
07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Hay, the minimum wage over there is $11+ a couple of years ago. Now it might be approaching $15.00/hr. And due to a strong natural resource oriented economy, the canadian loonies is about 1 to 1 vs the us dollars these days.

cost of living is crazy though.

Night Train
07-30-2010, 11:18 AM
I took him to mean he was paying attention to criticism in the media and fans, to the pressure from losing, stuff like that in general. That made him more tense andaffected his play so he got worse instead of better. I thought his admission was a good thing, something he needed to do. That does not necessarily mean he's found the answers and everything will be hunky dory this season. He still has to correct his awful play on the field. I agree that this is his last chance in Buffalo unless he makes a drastic improvement.

:bf1: Spot on.

Night Train
07-30-2010, 11:19 AM
cost of living is crazy though.
and the medical blows.

trapezeus
07-30-2010, 11:22 AM
i thought his "overwhelmed" feeling came from the fact that he was getting conflicting reports from jauron vs AVP. He has said that what he likes in the new leadership is that you knkow who you are responsible to.

I think that is a huge factor as to why he just dinked and dunked last year. i think the communication for all of the O was totally off and no one knew who was running the show. as a qb that has to be incredibly difficult to know that every position may be on a different page as you.

That is how i read that comment.

better days
07-30-2010, 11:29 AM
i thought his "overwhelmed" feeling came from the fact that he was getting conflicting reports from jauron vs AVP. He has said that what he likes in the new leadership is that you knkow who you are responsible to.

I think that is a huge factor as to why he just dinked and dunked last year. i think the communication for all of the O was totally off and no one knew who was running the show. as a qb that has to be incredibly difficult to know that every position may be on a different page as you.

That is how i read that comment.

I hope you are right. If he was checking down all the time because he thought that was what the Coach wanted, there may be hope Chan can do something with him.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-30-2010, 12:16 PM
and this is why Edwards really deserves a fresh start with Chan.... No, it's the reason he doesn't. The last thing we need is to keep spinning him around and around with yet another scheme. Fresh scheme, fresh blood. Get a new guy in here.