07-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Per Bills Twitter...

http://twitter.com/buffalobillscom

more cowbell
07-30-2010, 06:02 PM
another stellar draft pick

Jaybird
07-30-2010, 06:03 PM
his he one of the brothers from Oklahoma state?

Homegrown
07-30-2010, 06:04 PM
I think the Bills draft 'war room' would to better job just randomly drawing names out of a hat. :clown:

more cowbell
07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I think the Bills draft 'war room' would to better job just randomly drawing names out of a hat. :clown:

seriously, i know he was a 6th round pick but it's laughable how many draft picks from the past 4 or 5 years are not on the roster anymore.

BillsWin
07-30-2010, 06:18 PM
They waive an Oklahoma Sooner for an Oklahoma State Cowboy.

I just talked to an Oklahoma assistant coach and he says Nic was hurting pretty bad from a leg injury he suffered and he was having trouble getting ready for the season.

wmoz11
07-30-2010, 06:21 PM
The Bills can either terminate the contract when he clears waivers, or can put him in IR. It doesn't necessarily mean that he's gone for good.

Homegrown
07-30-2010, 06:39 PM
seriously, i know he was a 6th round pick but it's laughable how many draft picks from the past 4 or 5 years are not on the roster anymore.

I honestly think I could have drafted better than the Bills just by paying $7.95 for the ProFootballWeekly draft guide and selecting players I've read about, but never seen. :beers:

HHURRICANE
07-30-2010, 06:48 PM
If the Bills do randomly pick the right guy than they get injured and have to retire.

This FO should be taken out back and shot.

chernobylwraiths
07-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Wasn't this the same linebacker who looked pretty good last preseason?

HHURRICANE
07-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Wasn't this the same linebacker who looked pretty good last preseason?

Oh yeah!!

tampabay25690
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
another stellar draft pick

WHy do u say that????
Poor guy is injured...

DesertFox24
07-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Anyone actually know anything about Woods or is he just a camp body. Draftboy?

k-oneputt
07-30-2010, 09:10 PM
but, but ,but, they must know what they are doing, they work for the Bills. This front office, before new regime, didn't know anything.

BillsWin
07-30-2010, 09:10 PM

Hasn't proven much in the NFL, but if I'm not mistaken he was undrafted. So, not much to live up to.

I watched him at Oklahoma State and again, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe he played quarterback in high school and a little bit in college before making a position switch.

He had over 100 tackles one year I remember.

I also believe D'Juan Woods was his older brother. Highly touted WR coming out of college who fizzled in the pros.

more cowbell
07-30-2010, 09:11 PM
WHy do u say that????
Poor guy is injured...

it's not his fault he is injured obviously...even if he was healthy he had no shot at making the roster, he was a converted college safety who is way too small to play linebacker in any defense in the NFL, especially the 3-4

MikeInRoch
07-30-2010, 09:58 PM
The number of people who think that it's the GM's fault for drafting someone who later gets injured is astounding.

AndreReed83
07-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Hasn't proven much in the NFL, but if I'm not mistaken he was undrafted. So, not much to live up to.

I watched him at Oklahoma State and again, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe he played quarterback in high school and a little bit in college before making a position switch.

He had over 100 tackles one year I remember.

I also believe D'Juan Woods was his older brother. Highly touted WR coming out of college who fizzled in the pros.

Yeah, he played QB for a bit before being mercifully switched to a new position. I honestly think he played that position because as the youngest brother he was forced to toss it up while his older brothers got to play wideout. He's pretty gifted athletically, hence the position switch. However, his football IQ at OSU was at the complete opposite spectrum of his athleticism. I still remember the time he jumped for a Vince Young pump fake after Vince was beyond the line of scrimmage, allowing Vince to go on a long TD scamper.

D'Juan wasn't very touted coming out of college. The oldest brother Rashaun was however. He was drafted in the 1st round by the 49ers, but his work ethic disappeared after college. He was still gifted enough to hang around for a while and even was traded to the Chargers in an attempt to salvage whatever was left in him. It's pretty well known in Stillwater, but he never wanted anything other than to play for the OSU Cowboys and just went through the motions to make some NFL money.

Bottom line on Donovan, he athleticism could serve him well in the linebacker position, but ultimately, if this guy is getting playing time, our season is not going well.

Commissioner
07-30-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm disappointed by this... i thought Harris had a ton of potential last year .... but he just couldn't stay healthy.

Much luck to him and his family....

Bravo82
07-31-2010, 05:51 AM
Isn't this guy responsible for a rather "thug hit" last preseason IIRC? :scratch:

Night Train
07-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Was he not a converted Safety ? If so, why act surprised ? This off-season saw a lot of LB's added and his days were obviously numbered.

tampabay25690
07-31-2010, 07:41 AM
it's not his fault he is injured obviously...even if he was healthy he had no shot at making the roster, he was a converted college safety who is way too small to play linebacker in any defense in the NFL, especially the 3-4

I know where he played.

X-Era
07-31-2010, 09:31 AM
his he one of the brothers from Oklahoma state?

Oklahoma.

DraftBoy
07-31-2010, 10:28 AM

Camp Body, he'll play 3-4 OLB in our system Id imagine. Decent speed off the edge, solid athleticism but if I recall correctly not big, struggles to get off blocks, and has play recognition issues. Likely just filled for preseason games.

That being said Nic Harris has no role in the 3-4, he is not a OLB or ILB and you sure as hell don't want him as a S in any system. I feel bad Harris got hurt, but Im not sure he would of made the team anyways. He's a Darnell Bing clone.

DraftBoy
07-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Oklahoma.

No they are from Oklahoma State.

X-Era
07-31-2010, 01:25 PM
No they are from Oklahoma State.

I meant Nic Harris... I read it wrong.

Mr. Pink
08-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Nic Harris should have been cut that day the 3-4 was installed.

Along with a lot of other players.

He doesn't fit, maybe if he can get healthy a team like the Colts will take a flyer on him and see what he can do.