PDA

View Full Version : Make or Don't Make: Naaman Roosevelt

HopefulBillsFan
07-30-2010, 10:27 PM
http://blog.imgacademies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/naaman.jpg

Do you think the rookie out of UB ends up making the team?

Personally I don't think he clears waivers to make the practice squad..

does anyone else like him in our core 6?

psubills62
07-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't think he'll end up making it, but I do think he'll be on the PS.

HopefulBillsFan
07-30-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't think he'll end up making it, but I do think he'll be on the PS.
you think he would clear waivers?

SeatownBillsFan21
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM
PS at best

psubills62
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
you think he would clear waivers?

Yep, I don't think he's that highly sought after. He might get a look or two from other teams, but I'm pretty sure that if he didn't clear waivers, he would have to be put onto another team's 53-man squad. That's a risky move for a team to make unless they REALLY don't trust their other receivers. If he can't make the Bills roster, what other team is going to put him on theirs?

SaviorEdwards
07-30-2010, 11:26 PM
i hope not, we dont need another player who gets a following because he sports dreadlocks

Bravo82
07-31-2010, 01:08 AM
i hope not, we dont need another player who gets a following because he sports dreadlocks

Sounds like someone isn't a Stevie fan :chrisbrown:

YardRat
07-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Practice squad.

TigerJ
07-31-2010, 08:40 PM
PS, if he makes it there. Although there is little in the way of provent talent at WR, there are lots of young talented kids. Obviously Lee Evans is a given, but Steve Johnson, James Hardy, Marcus Easely, and Roscoe Parrish are almost locks to make the team IMO. That's five roster spots taken already. The Bills might not keep any more than that. If they keep six, Chad Jackson is probably the frontrunner. As a former 2nd round pick, he's got blazing speed to go with decent size. If his past failure in the NFL was due to immaturity issues, he may have grown enough to put that behind him, and I think Gailey will give him every chance to prove it. Then there's David Nelson, who has great size and decent speed, and Felton Huggins, who shows every training camp that he might be pretty good if he ever gets a chance. I don't think Huggins will make the 53 man squad, and he may be getting to the point where he's using up his PS eligibility. Even if he is PS eligible, the Bills might be inclined to use a spot for a younger player. Roosevelt's probelm is he doesn't have any outstanding characteristics. He doesn't have great size. He doesn't have great speed. He's not a great route runner versus the guys he's competing against. The one thing he can boast on is his college production. That's worth something, but maybe not enough.

Homegrown
07-31-2010, 08:48 PM
He'll be waiting tables at Dave & Busters come Sept ...Practise Squad :clown:

Mr. Pink
08-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Won't make...well shouldn't make.

Just because the dude played college ball here doesn't mean he should even get on the PS.

We have a logjam of middling WRs...outside of the fact he played at UB...why would you keep him around?

Dr. Pepper
08-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Won't make...well shouldn't make.

Just because the dude played college ball here doesn't mean he should even get on the PS.

We have a logjam of middling WRs...outside of the fact he played at UB...why would you keep him around?

did you watch him play at UB?

Johnny Bugmenot
08-01-2010, 07:53 AM
It was UB. UB is not a school where NFL prospects play.

Wolffman
08-01-2010, 02:53 PM
He'll be on the PS.

Naaman, as I hate to say it since he is a St. Joes "grad", was very very good with UB. Just to put it in perspective, he had more yards and touchdowns against Pitt in 2009 than Golden Tate (2nd round pick). This is not to mention that Naaman played on a much, much worse team. Maybe with a proper training program he can become a good 4th/5th receiver some day.

DraftBoy
08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
CFL more than likely.

DraftBoy
08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
This exact same phenomenon of excitement happened when Drew Willy came out in the draft.

Bravo82
08-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Actually, he could become the present day "Drew Haddad" of the franchise.

Ebenezer
08-01-2010, 06:51 PM
PS.

Ebenezer
08-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Actually, he could become the present day "Drew Haddad" of the franchise.
I didn't know that Roosevelt was Lebanese. :shocked:

Homegrown
08-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I didn't know that Roosevelt was Lebanese. :shocked:

That would be the Gibran Hamden fan club ...try to follow along :clown:

Ebenezer
08-01-2010, 07:04 PM
That would be the Gibran Hamden fan club ...try to follow along :clown:
nope...Hamden was Palestinian.

Dr. Pepper
08-01-2010, 07:43 PM
It was UB. UB is not a school where NFL prospects play.

i watched him tear Pitt apart, i know they arent elite but theyre a solid big east team and i think people underestimate his talent because he played in the MAC.

Mr. Pink
08-01-2010, 07:56 PM
i watched him tear Pitt apart, i know they arent elite but theyre a solid big east team and i think people underestimate his talent because he played in the MAC.

I think people overestimate him, like Drew Willy, because he's a hometown kid and a feel good story if he were to make it.

Dr. Pepper
08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I think people overestimate him, like Drew Willy, because he's a hometown kid and a feel good story if he were to make it.

willy has a noodle arm, hes accurate but is a lesser chad pennington (and is probably not good enough to be even a backup). the knock on roosevelt is his speed, but game speed is different from stopwatch speed and i think he has what it takes.