ZERO attempts
ZERO touchdown passes
ZERO SUPER BOWL APPEARANCES
ZERO WINS

Tom Brady:
4 Super bowl appearances
3 Super bowl championships
50 touchdowns in 1 season

Sam Bradford who has never thrown a pass in the NFL is now making more money than Tom Brady. If I were Tom Brady... i would tell the Patriots front office, "I want what Sam Bradford is guaranteed ... multiplied by the 3 Super Bowls i won for your ass"...

more cowbell
07-30-2010, 10:58 PM
i hate tom brady with a passion

with that being said...there needs to be a rookie salary cap immediatley

Commissioner
07-30-2010, 11:04 PM
i hate tom brady with a passion

with that being said...there needs to be a rookie salary cap immediatley

Yeah.. i'm definitely no Tom Brady fan.... but i notice the ridiculousness of the current situation.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah i agree if for nothing else to get the players to camp on time 50 mil wow!!

Commissioner
07-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah i agree if for nothing else to get the players to camp on time 50 mil wow!!

Isn't it so [explicative] stupid... when you hear that and write it?

a guy that has never played a down in the NFL is now guaranteed $50 million. This happens after a guy like Jamarcus Russell....

Bulldog
07-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Time for the NFL to slot rookies like the NBA does. This is beyond out of control.

psubills62
07-30-2010, 11:36 PM
This I agree with completely. Much better thread, Commish :up:

I have to imagine this will happen in the next CBA.

Tiburon1724
07-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Brady makes more when you take his endorsements into account, which comes with winning. But yeah it could still bother one's ego (and agent).

Commissioner
07-30-2010, 11:42 PM
This I agree with completely. Much better thread, Commish :up:

I have to imagine this will happen in the next CBA.

Thanks... haha..

I'm trying. I'm taking Message Board Posting 101 at school.

Commissioner
07-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Brady makes more when you take his endorsements into account, which comes with winning. But yeah it could still bother one's ego (and agent).

Maybe that's why Lebron took less money to play in Miami cause he thinks he'll make it up in endorsements.

I think Brady and Manning should play out their current contracts and then join forces and both sign with Buffalo next year.

Mike13
07-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Rookie cap please.
If he busts thats going to set back the Rams back even more so.

Buffalogic
07-31-2010, 12:50 AM
When the pats don't sign Brady and the bills get him in the offseason I'm going to feel some big deja vu.

Commissioner
07-31-2010, 01:21 AM
When the pats don't sign Brady and the bills get him in the offseason I'm going to feel some big deja vu.

Except... who the [explicative] is Brady's backup this year?

Night Train
07-31-2010, 05:45 AM
The Rookie cap should be priority #1 in the next deal, little doubt.

It's a negative domino effect which would solve several other league financial issues, if corrected.

These contracts handed out to the top guys so far are just insane and will wind up crippling 3-4 teams, long term.

YardRat
07-31-2010, 05:56 AM
I'd be very surprised if the next CBA doesn't have a rookie cap. Look for that concession to be balanced out somehow with increased bennies for current vets (large increase in minimum salary, earlier access to retirement benefits, an un-godly high overall cap, etc). Unions will eat their young, but they'll get something back they consider quid pro quo.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-31-2010, 07:43 AM
I want whatever it is you're smoking. Starting quarterbacks are career positions-- they don't just not sign them, especially when he's consistently taking your teams to the playoffs. Even Favre had to demand to be traded. Tom Brady will never see the free agent market. The only QBs you can get in free agency are thirtysomething washouts (e.g. Rich Gannon, Doug Flutie, Todd Collins), proven failures (J.P. Losman, JaMarcus Russell) or Brian Brohm types that haven't shown anything yet but should have the potential to be successful. You will never land a long-term franchise QB in free agency. They must be drafted and developed.

Homegrown
07-31-2010, 07:47 AM
You've got it backwards.

This is America!

If someone wants to pay Sam big $'s, then guess what? He deserves it!

If Brady wants to play for less. the guess what? He's free to do so.

HHURRICANE
07-31-2010, 07:52 AM
You've got it backwards.

This is America!

If someone wants to pay Sam big $'s, then guess what? He deserves it!

If Brady wants to play for less. the guess what? He's free to do so.

Sorry this is BS.

Paying a player that has never taken a snap that kind of money is just stupid.

I hate Ralph but I don't blame the guy for not wanting the top pick. If Bradford doesn't work out the Rams have screwed themselves in terms on money to spend elsewhere.

In America you are supposeed to work hard and than get rewarded. This guy is getting rewrded and than he might work hard. Laughable.

THRILLHO
07-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Sam Bradford:
ZERO completions in the NFL.
ZERO attempts
ZERO touchdown passes
ZERO SUPER BOWL APPEARANCES
ZERO WINS

Tom Brady:
4 Super bowl appearances
3 Super bowl championships
50 touchdowns in 1 season

Sam Bradford who has never thrown a pass in the NFL is now making more money than Tom Brady. If I were Tom Brady... i would tell the Patriots front office, "I want what Sam Bradford is guaranteed ... multiplied by the 3 Super Bowls i won for your ass"...

In the NFL, it isnt about "What have you done for me lately?" It is about "What could you do for me in the future?"

Homegrown
07-31-2010, 08:02 AM
In America you are supposeed to work hard and than get rewarded. This guy is getting rewrded and than he might work hard. Laughable.

Are you suggesting SB didn't work hard, and doesn't deserve to get paid?

How many draft elegible players where there last Spring, from all levels of college football? ....SB was top of the heap - so pay the man.

HHURRICANE
07-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Are you suggesting SB didn't work hard, and doesn't deserve to get paid?

How many draft elegible players where there last Spring, from all levels of college football? ....SB was top of the heap - so pay the man.

Harvard graduates don't get paid CEO money their first year out of school and that's a pretty solid degree that they worked hard for.

The NFL is rewarding players who have done nothing at a professional level.

We indirectly pay this kids salary so yes we can demand that the product isn't offensive.

For all the hate on Brady he deserves his check.

HHURRICANE
07-31-2010, 08:07 AM
PS. I'm the biggest capitalist on this board but let's not confuse the issue.