X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

You can sure tell ....

Has begun...The guys on this board and the uninformed in talk radio are at it already...Fans are calling Maybin a bust .. asking can he be cut ...Radio host are talking up a non incident because they don't wanna talk football, can't or they are just following their guy radio talk format...Talk sports, food, alcohol, movies and women....of course not in that order...

Yes my friends welcome to the 2010 season...Just a question why do fans and others want only really nice guys on this team....When did the bills become the boy scouts or BYU.. Talley , Bruce, Kelly , Thurman all of them did their thing off the field... Then they grew up and matured ...well some of them did....

I would love for Maybin to be a great player on the field and off.. But hey he is 22..Give him a chance to mature on both...You can criticize him, but to bury him this early is a huge mistake.

Bmax
  • Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

Re: You can sure tell ....

Originally posted by Bmax
    Fans are calling Maybin a bust .. asking can he be cut

I would love for Maybin to be a great player on the field and off.. But hey he is 22..Give him a chance to mature on both...You can criticize him, but to bury him this early is a huge mistake.

Bmax
    I'm sorry you misinterpreted my thread... I'm not asking for Maybin to be cut. I was playing a scenerio in my thread.

Substitute Maybins name with Lynch, Evans, Strouds name.

I was just wondering how the front office would handle a hypothetical scenario like that. Don't classify me as an ignorant fan.

I would love nothing more than to see Aaron Maybin become a stud... and i hope he does. I was just speculating...
    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Has begun...The guys on this board and the uninformed in talk radio are at it already...Fans are calling Maybin a bust .. asking can he be cut ...Radio host are talking up a non incident because they don't wanna talk football, can't or they are just following their guy radio talk format...Talk sports, food, alcohol, movies and women....of course not in that order...

Yes my friends welcome to the 2010 season...Just a question why do fans and others want only really nice guys on this team....When did the bills become the boy scouts or BYU.. Talley , Bruce, Kelly , Thurman all of them did their thing off the field... Then they grew up and matured ...well some of them did....

Bmax
      In fairness it's not all Maybin's fault. We took a guy that had no chance of being an impact on this team in year 1 when we were desperate for an impact player.

How you pass on Orakpo is mind boggling. There was no doubt before the draft that he would be a day 1 starter. Instead the Bills take the project. It's beyond frustrating.

So now it's year 2 and honestlt he's still not big enough and that's after a year. You can't play DE at 240 in the NFL. So he's going to a hybrid waste of time. He's an overpaid Coy Wire.

So yes Maybin is getting alot of abuse because he was the wrong pick.

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

Talley , Bruce, Kelly , Thurman all of them did their thing off the field... Then they grew up and matured
        Reality is those guys never grew up, they never matured, thats why they lost 4 SB's.

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          In fairness it's not all Maybin's fault. We took a guy that had no chance of being an impact on this team in year 1 when we were desperate for an impact player.

How you pass on Orakpo is mind boggling. There was no doubt before the draft that he would be a day 1 starter. Instead the Bills take the project. It's beyond frustrating.

So now it's year 2 and honestlt he's still not big enough and that's after a year. You can't play DE at 240 in the NFL. So he's going to a hybrid waste of time. He's an overpaid Coy Wire.

So yes Maybin is getting alot of abuse because he was the wrong pick.
          He's not being asked to play DE at 240. Guess you haven't heard that the Bills are now playing a 3 - 4 and that Maybin is now an OLB. Maybin's size is not a huge issue at OLB. Now it's a matter of finding out if he can play OLB or not. If he can, awesome, we have a good OLB. If not, he's a bust.
          Last edited by mayotm; 07-31-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
            He's not being asked to play DE at 240. Guess you haven't heard that the Bills are now playing a 3 - 4 and that Maybin is now an OLB. Maybin's size is not a huge issue at OLB. Now it's a matter of finding out if he can play OLB or not. If he can, awesome, we have a good OLB. If not, he's a bust.
            He was drafted to play DE in last year's scheme. He would have never been big enough. Whether the Bills changed the scheme is irrelevant. So he got lucky and now we have a scheme that helps him not look like such a bust pick.

Guess what? He's still too small for the scheme. He still should be playing at about 260. He's never going to get there.

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

I don't blame Maybin at all. He got picked way to early by the Bills, held out and got paid. He did just what anyone whould have done. Got paid.

It is the Bills who screwed the pooch. First rounders are for impact players and guys who can contribute early in there careers (sans QB) not for projects and 2-3 year developments.
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                He was drafted to play DE in last year's scheme. He would have never been big enough. Whether the Bills changed the scheme is irrelevant. So he got lucky and now we have a scheme that helps him not look like such a bust pick.

Guess what? He's still too small for the scheme. He still should be playing at about 260. He's never going to get there.
                Last year is over with. I no longer care that he wasn't big enough to play DE in the 4-3. I only care to learn if he can be effective in the 3-4. I'll leave the predictions to you "experts". I'm going sit back and watch what happens. Also, Maybin does not need to be 260 to play the position. I'm guessing the average size for OLB's throughout the league is closer to 250 than 260.

Comment

Working...
                X